“Three Cheers!!”
Review of Downtown Cafe

Downtown Cafe
Ranked #54 of 2,765 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Three Cheers!!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have been to Sector 29 on many visits to Gurgaon and regret that I spent time at other outlets which I thought were awesome but not i regret to say that "Awesomeness" was at Downtown. A tastefully designed micro brewery with warm interiors. and let me forewarn you that it gets awefully packed as the evening sets in...we were there on a wednesday and were truly lucky to get a table to ourselves....so be there early...donno if they accept reservations. What i liked about the place was they offer samplers in shot glasses for free. i found not much distinct different flavors (may be I am a bad taster) we opted for the large dispenser of Corporate brew and loved it. They play retro and thats my all time favourite so no complaints. The only thing which I found a bit funny were the loo's, i guess they have been badly planned.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Deepak B

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Fun and Frolic”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Went Downtown to meet up with friends, who had returned to India after a short while. it is a nice and lively place with good music.
the place was quite crowded even though it was a weekday.

the snacks were delicious and were nicely presented, food portions were good too.

though its a great place to have fun and enjoy, but on the catching up part, due to high buzzing around and music, its difficult to chat up (no fault of restaurant really, just wrong choice of venue for that purpose).

So, all in all, must go place, if you are going with regular friends but if you are meeting your long lost friends over a drink, look for other options!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank SunshineSurya
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Lively & Abuzz....”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Nice and lively place to go to with frenz..
Superb music, attentive service, cosy ambience..

When me and my friend decided to meet here for a quick drink after work, I thought she must be joking that the place gets real crowded and therefore, we better reach early.. Proven wrong for sure, I was..

the place was buzzing with ppl - mostly corporate crowd at around 6:30 pm and I could see hopefuls of getting a table hanging out near the bar area for meanwhile.

the beer towers looked huge and the half yard glass was cute.. though i wonder how can one have their beer from that so very tall glass.. I am not a beer fan, but I did taste the samplers and I must say, I was impressed..

For snacks, we ordered a fish n chips - very nicely done.. the fish was righly crumbed and was crispy.. the tartar sauce was fresh too. And on the friends recommendation we ordered fiery chicken pizza. and it did not disappoint... Though I could not confirm it but it gave a wood-fired oven taste.. thin crust, balanced flavors melt in mouth.

All in all, must go place, if havent been there already..

• Visited July 2013
New Delhi, India
“Best place to enjoy fresh beer and some great food!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The ambiance is great, the food excellent and the beer amazing.

If you have not been here before and want to know about a place that serves fresh beer, you should visit this place and provide your feedback.

I have been here multiple times in the past 2 years and all my visits have been worth remembering for the beer and the food.

• Visited July 2013
New Delhi, India
“Just Chill!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great wheat beer and a really chilled out ambience! A perfect place to hang out with colleagues or friends for an after-work beer or just some drinks. The only place which I've seen packed on a Monday evening! And the food is good- their cheese and broccoli is to die for and so is the non-veg platter. Can't say much about the other veggie stuff as I've never had any ;)

But all in all, a definite recommendation for hanging out amidst a relaxed atmosphere. The DJ needs to keep updating the playlist though- I kind of know it by heart now! :)

• Visited August 2013