“Not worth it!”

The Oriental Blossom
Ranked #292 of 2,894 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I visited the Oriental Blossom last week, totally motivated by their "Year of the Horse" hoardings for the restaurant, in addition to my craving for Schezwan cuisine.

Well I was terrifically disappointed! Other than the soup (Hot & Sour) everything else seemed dished out with no culinary passion or enthusiasm.

The dim sums were dry and the steamed Pomfret tasted stale, with negligible aroma or flavor contrary to the description of it being simmered with bell peppers and chilly.

But the biggest turn off really was the service. The person serving us was unable to carve and serve us the fish so looked at us and said " Yeh to khud karna padta hai" i.e you need to do this yourself. While we had no issue in serving ourselves, the fact that he made what he did not know sound like a virtue, was a severe irritant.

The staff seemed completely clueless about most of the dishes and were unable to make any recommendations.

There was no ginger or soy on the table and the "chilly paste" offered with the dim sums seemed like it was lying in the lil bowl since eternity. (refer pic)

Will not visit the place again.

Abhishek_Pasricha, General Manager at The Oriental Blossom, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking out time to give us your valuable feedback on Trip advisor . We are deeply concerned to hear about the inconveniences you experienced regarding your recent visit at The Oriental Blossom .
Please accept our apologies for the shortfall in the quality of food & service and to assure you as this is not a true reflection of the high standards of service and quality upon, which we pride ourselves at Optus Sarovar Premiere.
I would like to bring this to your notice that we have taken you feedback very constructively and we will ensure that we work on your suggestions to improve the quality and standard in the hotel to avoid the re-occurrence of experience for other guests.
I hope that you will treat this experience of yours in isolation and present us another opportunity to serve you as per your expectation.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek Pasricha

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I ordered for a set menu. It consists of a soup, starters, two vegetables, noodle and deserts. Plenty for even two people. The deserts were very tasty. The main course tasted a bit Indianised.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I really like the Schezwan type food, and the soups are amazing. I look forward to returning to the restaurant.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The best priced food of the stay and very good quality. I would recommend the fixed menu's, as they give a very good range and you can choose multiple dishes from each section. One of the best oriental meals I have ever had.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I used to love this place. Their lunch buffet was an amazing delight until last year. This year we visited for the same. The quality of food has sunk low. Salads and desserts were awful. Starters are no longer a part of the buffet. Main course was still good though
Service is still great, no doubt about that but food is seriously pathetic. Even at 650 per person ( including taxes ) it's not at all value for money