“No False Promises or Claims / Value for Money”
Review of Hotel Crossroads

Hotel Crossroads
Ranked #60 of 243 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Check in : 19Nov,12
Check out : 21Nov,12

No doubt this is a very review.....but nevertheless wanted to share that I had a very good stay over there.
The Rooms and its decor was as promised.
The washroom was also well done.
Cheers and Keep It Up !!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bires

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was on my professional visit to Gurgaon on 17-07-2013. After going through reviews I opted to stay in hotel Crossroads on 17-07-2013 and checked out on 18-07-2013. I observed room offered was clean and bedsheet etc were knit and clean and freshly changed. Had dinner & breakfast in hotel. Quality of food served in Dinner & Breakfast was average. Room Service was not quick responding. It took them more then half an hour to return a shirt after ironing. Charges for snacks kept in tray in room were levied on higher side. For example a peanut with MRP of Rs.10/- was charged for Rs.50/- and Mineral Water bottle of one litre which is with MRP Rs.18/- was charged for Rs.70/- wherein generally two bottles of mineral water are provided complimentary. These are the small things not to be given much attention but to be pointed out when service to visitor matters.

Room Tip: If you wish to stay in this Hotel, settle all the things before booking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2013

As part of a tricity speaking tour in India, organizers booked me for 1 night at the Hotel Crossroads. Although I would never ever have booked this hotel myself, I must say that I was surprisingly pleased with the stay.

Pro's;
- value for money
- extremely helpful and service-minded staff
- clean and comfortable rooms
- decent internet connection (WiFi)
- relatively central location to the Gurgaon business center and to the domestic airport of Delhi
- fair pricing of food and everything else

Con's;
- breakfast was probably very fine for an Indian audience, whereas a Westerner like myself didn't find it all to exciting

If you can do without the fancy-pancy that you get at 5 star hotels and want a genuine experience, consider this hotel in the NCH (New Delhi) region.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff - they are very eager to help you in any way they can
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My stay with this hotel is extremely fantastic, be it the front office executive or the room service personnel everyone shows their excellent level of hospitality.

I am going to book this hotel for my next stay as well

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I normally spend half the year in hotels around this part of the world and recently more nights at the crossroads in Gurgaon. Having read some of the poor reviews on this site, I strongly felt it necessary to put a few things right.

Let's be fair here, this is a small hotel chain and for the price and service it provides a great safe, comfortable environment. Having spent almost 40 nights here over the last 4 mths on different occasions, and not yet come across a cockroach, rat or mouse, this already puts it up against, amongst, it's better more expensive rivals. The rooms in general are clean and have all the basic amenities. The one I am currently in has a fridge, coffee maker, a basic minibar and a lcd tv, with a reasonable selection of channels. There is also a mini gym attached to the first floor.

The little restaurant downstairs does a pretty good service for breakfast and sometimes has a buffet lunch and dinner service. The staff once you get to know them are great and very helpful and friendly.

My dealings with both the front office staff, Shobnath and Sangheeta have been very friendly and they have always helped to iron out any issues. The cleaning staff who take care of my laundry and move my luggage around, have also been very helpful.

Let's face it, you are staying here because you don't want to stay at the 4star, 5 star Taj type properties who prove to be very expensive and do not offer value for money. In India and especially in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, there are very few small boutique hotels that offer value for money. Crossroads does just that and more. I admit that the laying of carpets in hotels across India is unnecessary and they all smell and attract rodents and bugs, but at least here they are cleaned on a daily basis and thus far, no rodents or roaches have been detected. I went to many hotels to look around before selecting this one, and ones where, whilst the guy was showing me around roaches were running around on the floor, or rodent droppings was evident. Also the locations were terrible right next to a busy market or a badly lit residential area. For me the location is great being only 30 minutes maximum from the airport and 10 minutes from the malls and metro station.

I looked at tens of hotels in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon before settling on this one to use as a base for my stay in India. My choice has been fully justified. Lets hope they can keep up the cleanliness of the hotel in the future. One has to keep it real when doing these reviews. If there were a hotel chain in the 2 to 3 star category like the B&B, Etap type in Europe, existing here, in India and at the same price, you can give 90% of the zero to 4 star hotels in India a run for their money. Till then you have the likes of the Hyatt, Taj leela at the top, lemon tree coming in below, then hotels such as Crossroads after that with nothing in between. Ginger hotels by Tata is ok for one night but the location in Delhi, is dirty and very dangerous, an no good for staying a few nights, being right next to the dirtiest busiest railway station in Delhi.

All in all I am happy here at Crossroads, until I see other choices as good, in the same price category, I shall continue to stay here.

Cons:- The floors could be aired more with more natural light. The music which is piped out with Michael Bolton killing every song he touches, could be better.

All in all for price I pay and what I expect, there are not many hotels in Delhi or Gurgaon that can touch this one.

Sanjay G

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sanjay G
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Having just spent the best part of 6 hours in a car driving back from our Taj trip and arriving after dark we were well tired and exhausted.
Hotel looked ok from the outside, receptionist was very polite and efficient and we were given our room.

Opening the room door and immediately we were hit by the cold and musty smell within the room. Everything felt damp. We voiced our views, but just wanted food.

Went to dining room and the head waiter said that tonight they only had the buffet, strange i said as there was a menue in our room. Reluctantly he said we could order from the menu. Prices reasonable, but quality poor. We did not see anyone taking the buffett.

On returning to the room there was a very loud noise, the generator was running, on the other side of the room wall. Reception were called and our receptionist arrived, had a look in the room and announced that it was the air conditioning unit. Well that is the best one i have ever heard, and upon further discussion she obviously thought that talking to us in a loud assertive voice we would accept the situation. That technique might work with the locals, but not your average european traveller who has seen it all before.

We moved to another more central room on a higher floor, but the geny could still be heard, and it was still cold in this room.

A heater and another blanket was eventually supplied to ease the situation.

Following a disrupted nights sleep as the geny ran all night I approached the management about the situation, they just could not care giving us a blank look when we mentioned the generator. We were not the only people complaining.

So it might be a cheap location to stay, but with the frequent power cuts which all Indian tourists know about, you will have noise from the geny which other hotels seem to manage.

Room Tip: Check every single thing in the room straight away, taps, TV, AC. Rooms higher up the building also...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple