“Ordinary Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR
Ranked #7 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
San Antonio, United States
“Ordinary Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hospitality missing. Dull front desk. Poor conceirge service. Reservations desk actions surprising. Prattoy Basu took responsibility of it but never tried connecting with me even after promising to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ParmeetSinghNayar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon New Delhi NCR.

It is regrettable that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet with your expectations. My team have noted your points and where necessary, are taking corrective actions.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to deliver a better stay experience to you when you next return to Gurgaon.

Parmeet Singh Nayar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here our last night in India. It's more in the business district than the historic district. It is a beautiful property with a couple of nice places to eat. The breakfast bar was excellent. By far though, the most impressive thing was the service we got when we checked in. My wife had been feeling somewhat nauseous and, when we checked in, she asked if they had a doctor we could call. They immediately said they would handle it. The check-in guy (sorry I forgot his name) came to our room and called the doctor from there. After the Dr. talked to my wife, he prescribed something which the hotel guy went to get and brought back to our room. The doctor told her to call him anytime if she didn't get better and said she could even call him from Nepal where we were headed! She was feeling better the next day and when we asked about charges at check out, were told there were none!!! Totally above and beyond what you expect and an example of Doubletree's service. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to be of service to you on your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon New Delhi NCR.

My team extends their heartfelt thanks for your special mention of their service. It is rewarding for them to realise that what they do every day contributed towards making your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may once again extend our warm hospitality to you again.

Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here recently for a few days on a 2 week business trip to India. I was very disappointed, although that really was because of the food and drink.

The room was very comfortable and the desk chair was the comfiest I had in 2 weeks for working on the laptop.

What disappointed me though was the food and drink available. There is no alcohol in the minibar and they can't (won't?) serve alcohol from room service either. As a female travelling alone sitting in the bar to have a beer or a gin and tonic at the end of a long day is not much fun. Add to that the bar being very dark with red lights and thumping music and it wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

If you don't want to eat Indian food then you might enjoy what's on offer here but I enjoy eating great vegetarian Indian food when I'm in India and on that score I was very disappointed indeed. I did give in and have pizza on my last night and it was cheese and something that looked like spinach (it was meant to be rocket and parma ham but no sign of anything like ham and it certainly won't rocket). There wasn't even any tomato sauce on it.

Don't get me wrong - if you don't want to eat Indian food then it might be fine for you. The room really was very comfortable and modern.

The pool area was very quiet but very comfy loungers and I was able to ask for more water when the attendant came round. It seems as though this is the only food or drink available at the pool though - a party of Americans asked for food and beer by the pool on the Saturday I was there and were told it couldn't be done.

For me I'd only stay here again if I was on a very quick trip as it is very close to my office in Gurgaon. I did give this feedback when I was checking out and they were very gracious and even brought the F&B manager out who said he'd be happy to cook something specially on another visit. I just don't think you should need to ask for special treatment to get good food.

If I could rate the room and food separately it would get 4/5 for the room but only 1/5 for the food.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel based on your recent stay with us. Feedback is an essential tool in our business that helps us to continuously re look at the way we do things and initiate positive changes where needed.

It is regrettable that the quality of our food did not meet with your expectations. I wish to assure you that my team understands how important it is to deliver great dining experiences to our guests as part of the overall enjoyment of their staysWe are nevertheless very grateful for your positive feedback for our guest rooms.

We hope that there will be another opportunity in the future to extend a better experience to you. Thank you once again for your review.

Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Good enough for business, but not as comfortable as others. Not having a plug next to the bed to plug my mobile phone is big oversight. Shower floods the bathroom floor (two different rooms with same experience). Mini bar fridge was not cool at all (room temp if even that).

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon New Delhi NCR, I am sorry that your overall experience fell below your expectations.

Your feedback very much helps us to focus on areas that do require corrective action and I have discussed your points on our service shortfall at length with my team. I wish to assure you that my team and I continue to work hard to deliver the best in products and services that duly reflects the Hilton name.

I am nevertheless pleased that you were satisfied with our staff, and hope that we will have another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree Gurgaon for 2 weeks in April / May, 2014, while on business. I have stayed in several Indian hotels on my trips to India - Taj, ITC, Oberoi, Westin, etc... The Doubletree is very competitive with luxury hotels in India; however, it offers a significantly better value than the Westin, Leela and other luxury hotels in the area. Prices are about 40% less than the Leela, etc.

Facilities - the hotel is relatively new, so guest rooms are modern and well appointed. The room has a desk, flat panel tv and a bed sized between a king and queen. The bathroom has a good sized shower, but no bathtub. One commenter mentioned that water pooled outside the shower stall, which seems to be a common experience with several people in my party. The fitness center is reasonably equipped with elliptical trainers, treadmills, free weights and weight machines. The machines are well maintained. The lobby and restaurants are modern and well furnished.

Food - the food is pretty good at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is solid - it has numerous choices for the western and Indian palate. They typically have fruit, a variety of cereals, eggs / omelette station, pastries / donuts, Indian specialties, and fresh juices. Moreover, a lot of the fruit and vegetables are imported, thus reducing the chance of Delhi Belly. The Asian restaurant is pretty good - the Pad Thai was tasty and as good as any I had in Thailand. The bar and coffee shop have solid sandwiches and pizzas - very friendly to the western palate. They also have a Moroccan restaurant, which was OK. Food prices are pretty reasonable- the pad Thai was rs. 325 ($5.50). Drink prices are competitive with other hotels, but can seem excessive relative to other parts of the world - alcohol is expensive in any hotel in India and soft drinks and mineral water can have 1000% markups (I paid rs. 140 + tax for a rs. 15 bottle of water in the restaurant)

Service - the service at the hotel is outstanding. It is very warm and welcoming. The staff always greet you and smile. The restaurant staff learned my preferences pretty quickly and often had my breakfast orders in before I even sat down. Housekeeping was similarly accommodating - they left me extra bottled of water on request. The hotels level of service rivals Ritz Carlton and Four Season hotels in the United States.

Location - the hotel is convenient for certain area businesses, but is otherwise relatively removed from the main parts of a Gurgaon. For example, the ambience mall is about 20 to 25 minutes away. There is nothing walkable from the hotel other than a liquor store across the street. It would have been nice to have dining or shopping choices within walking distance of the hotel. The Leela and the Westin both have that distinct advantage of having local dining and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ParmeetSinghNayar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you to DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi-NCR, thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is encouraging to know that the hotel facilities, food and beverage offerings and warm service highlighted your experience with us. While we are located on a prestigious Golf Course Road, you may be glad to know that we do provide complimentary shuttle services for our guests to and from the nearest Malls and Kingdom of Dreams during operating hours. Indeed, a culture of CARE,(Creating a Rewarding Experience)is at the heart of DoubleTree by Hilton. For us the guest experience has always been just as important as product and services we provide . Once again, it was our pleasure having you with us and we would be delighted to be of service to you again soon.

Toulouse, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this location as it was supposed to be close to the métro as we were visiting Delhi for the first time. Rooms are very comfortable and at the expected level. Breakfast was very complete and waiters were ok. Reception wise, I think they need to work on their communication. We were told sure let us get a driver to drop you at the metro... Nobody communicated any cost... First day there was no price on the paper provided by the driver. Second day it was written 650rup. By itself and knowing local cost this drive should not be charged especially when staying in executive rooms. Price of the room grew as well after check in as we were 2 though no information was given at check in, simply informed by an email the day after we checked in... Concierge was ok.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgoan - New Delhi NCR, it was a pleasure having you with us. I am delighted that our business facilities suited your requirements during your recent visit to Gurgaon.

Your feedback on some of the issues you encountered has been noted and please be assured that we are addressing your feedback and I am confident that my team is truly capable of providing a better experience to you, when you visit us again in the near future. Thank you for sharing your insights and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I choose Hilton as the brand always delivers consistent experience irrespective of country ..US, China... India ...its is the same ... This was my third stay at the Double Tree Gurgaon, the good experiences gets repeated . Their bakery is outstanding, good attention to detail in the Food Area . The rooms are brand new and hence you can expect the latest .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi-NCR It was a pleasure having you with us.

We are delighted about your positive feedback on our Bakery, food and beverage offerings and our guest rooms which resonate our culture of CARE(Creating a Rewarding Experience) being at the heart of DoubleTree by Hilton. It would be our pleasure to once again extend our warm hospitality to you when you next return.