“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Trident, Gurgaon

Trident, Gurgaon
Ranked #2 of 228 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Was here in June, in the height of the heat wave that saw temperatures as high as 45 degrees C.

The hotel is beautifully laid out and decorated. It really is a tranquil place to stay with a beautiful swimming pool, and amazing gardens and grounds. The rooms are pleasant (not large, bit not small) and well appointed. It would have been nice to have a separate shower.

It is located next to the Oberoi and the beauty is that you can use the restaurants and bars there and have them charged back to your room in the Trident. It means you can have a little more variety if your stay is a longer one.

The staff were very attentive and helpful and I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Trident, Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that the architecture, cleanliness and ambience were to immense liking. The hotel is spread over 7 acres of land and is distinguished by its reflection pools, well- maintained lawns, domes and arches.

Please be assured that we have noted your feedback for seperate shower and the same shall certainly be evaluated.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and also assists us in striving for higher levels of service excellence.

The Trident team looks forward to welcoming you back again.

Nitesh Gandhi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I arrive around 10pm and the beautiful architecture provided a brilliant backdrop for the fire and water features to play off of which created a stunning first impression.

Throughout the stay you'll enjoy the grounds, but it's the people who will truly impress. A delightful staff that is experienced and genuinely caring.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your appreciative feedback on your stay at Trident, Gurgaon.

The hotel as you have noticed is unlike any another hotel city hotel and is built to be an oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of the city. Unlike any other city hotels, Trident Gurgaon is characterised by domes, arches, reflection pools, fire torches and green gardens. Moreover its locational proximity to the airport and the offices in Gurgaon makes it the the most preferred location for travellers.

We pride ourselves on offering warm and delightful service to our guests. Your positive comments have been communicated to our team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a perfect place to stay, near the airport. Wonderful architecture, spacious and relaxing. The water features create an oasis of tranquility. The excellent staff are always at the ready to be of service and the food is great.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water pond
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback about your experience at Trident, Gurgaon.

I am delighted to note that the service of the staff and the food were to your immense liking.
The hotel as you have noticed is unlike any aother hotel city hotel and is built to be an oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of the city. Unlike any other city hotels, Trident Gurgaon is charachterised by domes, arches, reflection pools, fire torches and green gardens. Moreover its locational proximity to the airport and the offices in Gurgaon makes it the the most preferred location for travellers.

Our team is our asset and we take great effort to train our team to deliver excellence. Your positive sentiments have been communicated to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a spread over more than 8 years old property. Not meant for summers. In summers you can opt for another five star like Leela which is more closed than open. In winters you would just love Trident. property is very well lit at the right places.Very spacious rooms definitely better than Hyatt Delhi rooms. Washrooms are also big but don't expect that you will be able to spared your legs in the bath tub. These are too small. Door handle of the shower are also needs minor repair. In room bar has decent variety of wine, scotch, gin etc. rooms needs Maintenance should be the first priority of the hotel. Door hinges of the wooden cabinet of the refrigerator was broken. edge of the wooden flooring was also damaged, any child can hurt his foot. In room service, housekeeping were superb. They know how to pamper the guests. Swimming pool is very good, though the lady who greeted me at reception told me that pool will will be closed by 7PM but actually it closes at 8PM. I think hotel need to train their staff specially the person who greets you at reception.She was also not aware about the timings of Spa and Steam. Spa treatment rooms are wonderful. Steam room is OK. Poolside bar service is excellent. I would again say that Housekeeping and room service is par excellence. Breakfast lay out is good but I think they can improve. Head chef Suadamini will always be ready to serve you or your kid a very special dish. She is too decent and helpful. Check in and check out is very quick. I will prefer Leela for Summers.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are definitely better if you are planning to spend time in the room otherwise its OK
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pankaj b
Dear guest,

I personally acknowledge your feedback on “maintenance of rooms” that shall be certainly evaluated. Please accept my sincere apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have briefed the concerned team members to ensure that such an instance does not recur. To assist us in our continuous endeavour to make improvements, may I request you to write to me directly on Nitesh.gandhi@tridenthotels.com when you visit us the next time, as I would be most pleased to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

Please do not let your recent experience mar your impression about our hotel. I would request you to treat this experience in isolation and as non-representative of Trident experience. Please grant us another opportunity to give you a pleasant and memorable experience.

Your positive comments have been shared with the Housekeeping team and in particular of Chef Saudamini, who take immense pride of the fact that they are being appreciated for their efforts.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Trident.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had the pleasure of staying in the Trident in early June 2014 for four days as I was in Gurgaon with work and this hotel had been recommended by my colleagues. It is safe to say that I was glad to have taken their advise as the hotel was stunning, everything that you could ask for in terms of quality, cleanliness and facilities. Surprising that for a hotel so centrally located that when outside in the afternoon / evening you did not pick up the noise and hussle bussle of Gurgaon.

The hotel boasts good ammenities between the gym, spa, swimming pool and the three restaurants and pool bar. The amazing thing that topped off the stay was the staff in the hotel from reception through to catering and chefs who all were extremely well mannered, polite, helpful and more often than not knew your name.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Gurgaon be that through work or a pleasure break. I know if I get the chance to go back I will happily stay in the Trident (a view that is echoed by my two colleagues who were on the trip).

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that our hotel was at par with your expectation in terms of service,gym,spa, swimming pool, pool bar and our restaurants. Our endeavour will always be to exceed our guests’”expectations, which we will continue to do.

We would like to thank you for appreciating the service ,staff and in particular of chefs in the hotel, who take immense pride of the fact that they are being appreciated for their efforts.

Fairseat, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stay here every 6 to 8 weeks and having stayed in most of the hotels in Gurgaon this is by far the best. The whole property and its location is so relaxing, every member of staff is so polite and they seem intent on making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Staying there so often does allow me to see things that could be improved. I have found that some rooms do pick up a lot of noise from the television in the adjoining rooms, this is easily dealt with with a call to reception but i have experienced this on my last couple of visits. I am now a Trident gold card member but as a regular visitor i would expect to get a pool room every visit but this is not always the case. At breakfast all of the waiting staff seem to know the guests names when they arrive, how do they do that ? also the chef is very willing to prepare meals that differ to what is on the menu with is a nice touch. The gym is well equipped and in the evenings you seem to have the whole place to yourself. It would be very easy to wake up in the morning and spend a day around the hotel rather than go to the office and i could quite easily spend a very relaxing week here it is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I personally acknowledge your feedback on “noise of television in the adjoining rooms” that shall be certainly evaluated. Please accept my sincere apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

May I request you to write to me directly on Nitesh.gandhi@tridenthotels.com when you visit us the next time, as I would be most pleased to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

Your special mention for the service by our Food & Beverage team encourages them to put their best every moment.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Trident soon.

delhi
Reviewed 3 June 2014

this hotel the moment you enter gives you a feeling of Egypt,the tall glass doors with serpent handles and the blue water pond is a visual you will adore.
i had lunch which serves fixed thalis veg ,and non veg,though v expensive but worth every rupee,the traditional saree clad ladies serving in huge thalis is awsome,though the food becomes cold while serving and filling.
the food quality was very good and the Pan ice cream served in long winey glasses was a delight.
worth the visit but something they should do to serve hot food.

Room Tip: rooms on the south
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

I am delighted to note that the architecture, cleanliness and ambience were to immense liking. The hotel is spread over 7 acres of land and is distinguished by its reflection pools, well- maintained lwans, domes and arches.

We have made a note of your feedback on “cold quality of food” shared by you on Trip Advisor.”
Please be assured that guest feedback and service is of paramount importance to us.

Please be assured that this matter has been discussed at length with the entire Food & Beverage team and the team has also been briefed to ensure that such an instance does not recur in future. Please accept my sincere apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Nitesh Gandhi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#5 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,348 reviews
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,022 reviews
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 713 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,740 reviews

Been to Trident, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!