“Stay Away!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central

Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central
Ranked #48 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Stay Away!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Purpose of visit: Day long corporate workshop

What's wrong here: Almost everything !!!

Basic Look & Feel: The moment you enter this hotel, you realize that it is a 'Low Quality Budget Business Hotel'. The reception and the bar area at the entrance present a below par look and feel. The corridors (specially basement) are too packed, ceilings are lower than normal thus giving a sense of Claustrophobia.

Faulty infrastructure: Imagine a company's director waiting for the projector to work for nearly 45 minutes. Well that's what we experienced here. To add to it, when the AC was turned on, it let off foam/ dirt/ etc. across the hall on all participants. Also the room temperature was either too cold or the AC was turned off completely leading to suffocation.

Complete mismanagement by staff: There was too much interference by the staff during our session. Every 10-15 minutes some hotel employee would either peep in or walk in (for reasons best known to them).
Despite a pre decided schedule for breaks & informing at least 45 minutes before our scheduled breaks, there were huge delays, shortages and substandard products being served.
For the first time in a workshop we found that post the lunch break none of the table regulars (mineral water, mouth fresheners) had been refilled. It was only after our reminder that a staff came in with all replacements.

Food: This indeed was the final nail in the block. Despite coming out a little late for lunch (our session being delayed by all the drama around the projector), we waited another 20 odd minutes before the complete meal was served. Most of the food had absolutely no character. The pudding served as a dessert was actually nothing more than a thick omelette with sugar. In my very first bite egg shells were evident and I decided not to continue with it any further.

All in all, this hotel is not worth considering.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nilabhkumar
Debajyoti S, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we appreciate your time and effort for writing this feedback and ensuring that we need to improve our food and services. I am extremely shocked to know this and chalking out a training plan so that we can meet our expectations of our valued guests.

I apologize on my team's behalf and will ensure to improve our services and meet your expectations. We will certainly do it. Having said this I am not committing on the infrastructural changes of the hotel and will keep in mind when we do our renovations in future.

Thank you once again for bringing to our notice.

Debajyoti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Citrus Gurgaon central is definitely one of the best place for business stay. The rooms are very spacious , noise free and ideal for business whether it is late night calls or early morning mails. 24X7 wifi is excellent and good speed. Connects very faster and gives good download speed too. Staff is very courteous, always helpful and on-call. My package included morning breakfast and it was a really good to begin a day with. Quick and variety marked them apart. I would recommend this for any business trips to Gurgaon.

Room Tip: Try the one on the North side. It has wonderful view of Gurgaon upto IFFCO chowk metro. Foggy and ch...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind and appreciative words and has brightened their day. They are even more motivated to serve better and will certainly meet your expectations if not exceeding it.

We look forward to seeing you soon and best wishes for the New Year.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here during July 2013 ...

it was only one night stay as I was on business trip.

Fabulous room(spick and span) , good food and internal ambiance is pleasing . Staff are very polite and professional. Buffet breakfast was also great, , very good spread. The service was excellent.

It was surprise package that wireless internet access was added to my package as complimentary....

It was the first time I had stayed and I can't think of a single negative to say.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent ....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank saso1310
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciate your gesture of taking out time to respond in Trip Advisor. It is really heartening to read that you liked our services and food. I have passed on the message from your end to my team members and they were delighted to know. They have appreciated your kind words and even more motivated to serve our guests better than before.

Looking forward to see you soon. Stay fit and best wishes from us.

Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay in this hotet last week .Fabulous room(spick and span) , good food and internal ambience is pleasing . Staff are very polite and professional. Buffet breakfast was also great, , very good spread. The service was excellent and I enjoyed the stay of 2 days here.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and have passed on your message to my team members. They were simply ecstatic after hearing such words of gesture.

We appreciate it and will be remembered.

Hope to see you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I facilitated a training program for an important Indian Scientific Instrument company at the Citrus Hotel in Gurgaon, New Delhi. It was the first time I had stayed and worked at this hotel. My client also had all its participants stay there too for the first time. My experience was very positive. From the driver who met me at the airport, the serving staff in the Bistro, the hotel's banquet leader and staff, to the reception staff. All were very attentive, courteous and competent. Nothing was too much trouble. My guest room was comfortable, spacious and very clean. The training facility was excellent - spacious with all equipment and amenities provided. We enjoyed a team dinner on the Hotel's roof top bar and dining facility. Great food in a pleasant setting. The Citrus hotel was only 25 minutes from New Delhi airport. So for me, having travelled for 15 hours from Melbourne, Australia, it was pleasing not to have a long drive confront me when I arrived in New Delhi. I'd happily go back to this hotel and I recommended the same to my Indian client.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debajyoti S, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such appreciative words. We are extremely delighted that you liked our services and food and we were able to meet your expectations if not exceeded. I have shared your feedback with my team and they were very ecstatic.

Thank you so much and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Debajyoti Sanyal
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stay here during a business trip for a week. The location is great . I can't think of a single negative to say. Breakfast is lovely , nice room & comfortable bed . Housekeeping service was excellent, very well behaved staff always ready to help you with all your queries. I would recommend staying here if you want a comfortable stay

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your appreciative feedback. I have conveyed your feedback with the concerned departmental heads.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Debajyoti Sanyal
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

You guys just exceeded our expectations. Be it the stay or the breakfast or the overall service, it was just superb.

I was on a business trip but will definitely come with my family. 3 cheers

Prasanna

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debajyoti S, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Prasanna1979,

Thank you so much for brighten our day and we are delighted to know that we have been able to meet your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.