“Home away from home”

Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
Ranked #5 of 235 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have been staying here for over 6 months now and look forward to coming back every time. Exceptional service from the staff. The concierges (especially Sunil/ Mahesh) never fail to greet me with a warm smile. The front office staff (especially Chetna, Ashutosh, Shivani) keep the access card ready even as I step into the hotel. The restaurant staff (especially Nishant, Shiv, Rohit) are exceptionally responsive and have my usual orders ready even before I place them!

Being a fan of south Indian food, a special mention for the Chef (Mahesh) who, in my opinion, has served me the best South Indian food I have ever had in a five star hotel!

Always a pleasure coming back to the Vivanta. Look forward to staying with you more

Room Tip: Call for an odd numbered room - the pool facing views are better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SumeetTan, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, 21 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

I would like to thank you for the nice review regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and services.

Your commendations have been shared with Sunil Singh & Mahesh from the Security department, Chetna Chopra, Ashutosh Chauhan and Shivani Saxena from the Front Office department, Nishant Singh, Shiv Kumar & Rohit Lohani from the Food & Beverage department and Maheshwar Singh from the Food Production department. The team is happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Sumeet Taneja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival at Delhi Airport, I was met by a driver from the hotel, and taken the 25min drive. This was my first time in India and the roads were very "interesting" but our driver was great.
At the hotel was welcomed with a cocktail which is always nice, and had bags taken to my room.
Overall stay was great. Nice big room, comfy bed, well air conditioned, shower and separate bath tub.
Food in the hotel was good. Breakfast was a good mix of Indian, American and European. Elsewhere in the hotel the Thai restaurant was fantastic, and the cocktail bar had lots of variety.
I would certainly recommend the hotel for business travellers working in Gurgaon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SumeetTan, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, 16 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

We are delighted that the hotel, its architecture and the service standards were up to your expectations.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the Hotel team.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We went this sunday to their restaurant at lobby level. this was our second visit. I must admit the restaurant have improved quite a lot. the food was fully armed. I personally freaked out on the indian food. but my wife really liked the satay with peanut, which was recommended by their chef ramit. the thing that really touched us the fact that despite of such a busy restaurant, the chef himself was looking after our food requirement in detail & lastly the mouth watering dessert which he churned, sorry i forgot the name but it was a frozen coconut cream with some amber coloured rose balls, which was really outstanding. Will visit soon for the lovely meal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SumeetTan, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, 14 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback of your visit at Latitude at Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with Ramit Kohli from the Food Production team. This kind of positive feedback is very motivating to our team.

Kind Regards,

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On my visit to Vivanta few months back to explore a new milestone in gurgaon.... I had lunch at latitude with family and we thoroughly enjoy and liked the food.. Thanks to Ashutosh who guided me and convinced me for the Epicure membership. He ensured a call back from the team epicure and helped make the whole membership process very smooth for me. Kudos to his promising hospitality n the level of matured knowledge about his product and service. Also would like to mention Rita the lady receptionist who was extremely helpful and courteous to my family and me during my last visit to Latitude a week back. Great job guys!Many thanks!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback of your visit at Latitude.

We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted to know that the service standards and the food were up to your expectations.

Your compliments have been shared with Ashutosh and Rita from the Front Office department and Food Production team.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed ample of times in delhi and gurgaon at different hotels. Never felt more relaxed and rejuvenated. The entire staff members are fabulous and the services rendered by them is out of this world . I would like to mention Miss Supria , she was extremely helpful during my stay a real asset to the company. I will highly recommend this great hotel for any corporate or social group.
Only worse or sad part was there was no weighing scale and toothbrush placed in the room and bell boys expecting tips while delivering luggage.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SumeetTan, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, 12 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

Your compliments have been shared with Supria Makin from the Front Office team.

I have noted your feedback regarding ‘courtesy, competence and responsiveness of bell desk associate and replenishment of supplies in your room’. Issues highlighted by you have been taken up with Front Office and Housekeeping department.

You have my personal commitment and assurance that you will have no further cause of any complaint. We are actively working on the same and your feedback has proved to be valuable.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit and assuring you of our best services always.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

In spite of expensive material and natural light the lobby fails to have joie de vivre . It has a sombre atmosphere . The staff are courteous but stiff . Extremely formal .It lacks the attitude and style of The Pullman Gurgaon for example .The room I stayed was expensively decorated and appointed but lacks life .The wood makes the room dark. Cheerless.
We ordered breakfast in the room . The fried egg was dry and leathery. The bacon was cold and unappetising.
The people are unfailingly courteous but lack both style and the simple old nothing is too much trouble hospitality of old taj that was Taj's competitive edge. I had left something in my room which was found but I had to wait in the lobby for 25 mins before the lady in the lobby , the bell boy etc could bring it out from the luggage room .
In a competitive scenario Vivanta struggles to find its niche.

Room Tip: Stay at Pullman Gurgaon :-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

I have noted your feedback regarding ‘warmth and hospitality in staff, courtesy, competence and responsiveness of reception associate and taste and quality of food ordered via In-Room Dining’. Issues highlighted by you have been taken up with the concerned departments.

Gurgaon
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We checked in here a night prior to our anniversary...and hats off to the awesome treatment and pampering by the staff as they knew about our anniversary.They not only upgraded our room to the top category but also gave us access to the Rhythm Lounge and surprise bouquet and cake at midnight.The breakfast at Latitude was sumptuous and till the time we checked out we had the most hospitable treatment we have ever received in any hotel so far.Special thanks to Chetna,Malvika and Ashutosh for making our day a great one...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sudhir K
SumeetTan, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj – Gurgaon, NCR.

Your commendations have been shared with Chetna, Malvika and Ashutosh. The team is happy that you enjoyed your stay.