“Excellent ambience and food at The Atara”
Review of The Atara

The Atara
Ranked #26 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent ambience and food at The Atara”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is one of those hidden treasures that you don't know you're about to uncover until you have actually stepped in and soaked in some of the minimalism that few hotels are able to pull off with such panache. This small yet unique hotel has more class than some of the five-stars in the vicinity, and none of that jarring opulence that can give anyone a headache. It breathes of a soothing contemporary feel, and you can see the attention to detail that has gone into its decor.
Its a charming place to step in and grab a bite which I did (as I live in Gurgaon), which by the way is a bite not to miss! The food is delicious, don't miss the daal, aaloo and paranthas. Its like home food. I'm always juggling between meetings and crave some delicious home-cooked food rather than what's available in places like Galleria market. Atara's restaurant is my new getaway!
One last thing, I am one of those Lonely Planet single woman travelers and I know immediately when a place is safe for a woman or not. The Atara is perfect for us folk. The staff is friendly, doesn't letch! and you can sit alone in the hotel without feeling uncomfortable.
All in all a wonderful experience. I also saw the rooms, and they could give any five-star hotel a run for their money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bengaluru
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had stayed in the atara in november 2013.. was attending a wedding
the food was good. the service was nice... it was a comfortable small boutique hotel. very close to the mall.
rooms a bit small.
overall had good experince

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at Atara for 8 nights during January 2014. Whilst i was there i fell sick and the hotel staff was very helpfull and looked after me very well.

Hotel staff was very professional in their dealings.

The atmosphere was good and ATARA is located at a safer area for a tourist. DT mega mall is 5mins walk from ATARA.

ATAR has very comfortable rooms with italian furniture

If someone is looking at a safer place in delhi with excellent service i think you should visit ATARA :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at The Atara, in December for 3 Nights. After having undertaken a long Journey with Kids, you need them to be comfortable, and Atara made sure that we had a pleasant Stay. The Suite was great , spacious, very well decorated. Minimal and modern décor implemented. The choice of colours was perfect. The best thing was it was nice and quiet, so you are away from the hustle and bustle thus assured of a good night sleep. When we arrived, we did have a hitch with the hot water, but it was sorted out straight away. We needed cabs to go around, and these were arranged for, promptly. The room service was efficient, and staff friendly. Overall my husband, kids and I had a terrific stay at the ATARA. I would definitely recommend it !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I looked up the Atara on a weekday night as i was working late, and it was quite foggy so did not want to take a chance driving back to Delhi. A friend had mentioned this new hotel and so i called them - luckily they had a vacancy and in 10 mins i was at the hotel. Its in a quiet residential neighbourhood. The service was great from the moment i walked in. Quick check in and I placed an order for dinner so that they could get it ready while i quickly freshened up.

First surprise when i walked in to my room - i had been upgraded to the suite (room 32) ! Thank you ! This was the first hotel where they didnt even tell me at the reception that they are doing the upgrade. The room is very modern and spacious. It also had access to a nice balcony. Dinner was great as well.

In the morning, second surprise - someone had cleaned my car ! I had a good a la carte breakfast (very reasonably priced) and then was off to work after a restful stay at the Atara.

Thank you to the staff for all the nice touches ... this place is a gem !

Room Tip: Room 32 - nice size on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
gurgaon
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I came to check this hotel for some friends coming to stay in Gurgaon and decided to eat lunch here since it was lunch time. They had a conference in the basement and seemed busy but they accommodated us for lunch. We were three of us. We ended up having a great meal- rather long brunch/lunch... with both Continental and Indian. I loved the grilled Fish and shrimp- was yum and also the mutton biryani. I'm thinking of bringing my Friday office lunch here. My friends will stay here next month( i gave them a thumbs up for this place) and will ask them to review the service. I love the place v modern and the food- excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Atara for a 2-week business trip. To give you a little bit of property background, the Atara is a modern yet charming boutique hotel that is subtly nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood. It's a quaint and peaceful refuge that is removed from the hustle-bustle of Gurgaon city life. As a solo female traveler (who had never been to India prior to this trip), I genuinely didn't know what to expect upon hotel arrival...fyi I am happy to report that my time at the Atara was simply wonderful! The General Manager and his attending staff provided exemplary service and hospitality; they truly went out of their way to ensure I always felt right at home. As one example: during the 2nd week of my stay, I caught a bad cold and there was a good day or two where I didn't have much of an appetite; imagine my surprise when the GM personally reached out to me and asked if there was a specific food dish and/or particular recipe that his chefs at the restaurant could prepare to help me feel a little more at ease...now this is hospitality at its finest! While I am typically accustomed to staying at int'l hotel chains like Westin and Hyatt, I will not hesitate to return to Atara hotel again the next time I am in India.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business