“Feels lyk home”

Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Ranked #4 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
“Feels lyk home”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I had stayed here for 2days it is a gud place food is gud bedrums r vry nyc it cmpltly feels lyk u r at home staff is friendly nd view of NH8 is also gud in eve tym it luks lyks stars are gng in frnt of u its nyc place to stay

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 9 May 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure hosting you at The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review on TripADvisor.

We are happy to know that your stay was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided to you. It is nice to know that the rooms were to your liking and that you found them comfortable. We are pleased that our room could provide you with a wonderful view of the millennium city. Our associates will be glad to know that their services added value to your stay.

We will look forward to your next visit. Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest offers and news.

Sanjay Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Polish first
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Booked rooms that included airport transfers. Just getting them to honor it was a whole run around. Once that was done, they sent a confirmation with a price tag, that needed to be fixed! We got room upgrades, checked out in a rush to realize we were over charged. Family- Starwood platinum members - sent us champagne, chocolates & flowers through the hotel, after several enquiries the hotel couldn't tell us who sent them & claimed it was from the hotel. For the price and being a Starwood hotel, expected way better. The rooms are very nice, the experience not as much.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Thank you for staying at The Westin Gurgaon and sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to know that you found our rooms comfortable and that they could provide you with a stay well experience. However, we regret the inconvenience caused while staying at our hotel. We have noted your concerns and will share them with the relevant departments. Guest reviews are vital as they help us in strengthening our service standards. We request if you could share your contact details with us to connect with you for a more detailed review on your experience.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a good, modern hotel...it's well run and comfortable, conveniently located and has all the expected mod cons. You don't have to think about it - everything is there and it works so you can focus on the job at hand.

Check-in was smooth although I wasn't impressed after a long hot Delhi day when the reception staff stopped my check-in process mid way to attend to another guest who rudely interrupted demanding attention. The training manual must tell staff what to do in this instance as opposed to relying on my intervention.

I was upgraded to a room on the Club floor (nothing to do with the check in incident).
The room was large with a huge king size bed - perfect mattress firmness with crisp white bed linen. I didn't like the mostly marble floor. Although it's cool, I always prefer hotel rooms with carpet for some reason.
The bathroom is large and has all the bits and pieces provided that you need. The shower set up however is weird - you can't reach the tap from the cubicle door without standing underneath the shower rose and getting drenched (in cold water). Your only option is to stand right next to the tap...not sure how you can get that so wrong?
I always appreciate the presence of an iron and ironing board as opposed to having to request one. When you're travelling on business there nothing more depressing than wrinkled clothes the next day, so I was delighted to have it to hand.
Overall I found the room a bit bland - all blonde wood and neutrals. Perfectly serviceable but lacking any real aesthetic interest. Perfectly fine - this was a one night business trip.

My Club room gave me access to the Club Bar: a good happy hour spread at Rs1200 for all you can eat and drink. Dubious wine quality but I suppose to be expected.
I only ate breakfast in the hotel - at Seasonal Tastes. I realize the breakfast service is typically hectic but, even with the number of staff, the table was not wiped down before I was seated. Overall however, service was attentive and the breakfast buffet options large.

You wouldn't chose this hotel for a romantic get away but that's not what it's set up for.

1 Thank lucy u
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 29 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure to host you at The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for leaving such an insightful review regarding your stay on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that your stay with us was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided to you. Our hotel is located in proximity to Gurgaon’s growing business centre and we are glad that the location could add value to your stay. Its great to know you were happy with the Club Room and that you could experience the Club Bar and could enjoy our Heavenly Bed® and were comfortable. We thank you for appreciating our breakfast spread and that our associates could serve you with excellence. Your review has been noted for areas of improvement to be discussed.

We will look forward to your next visit and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I came from Japan and stayed at Westin Gurgon for three days with my friend.The rooms were clean and the beds were fluffy. I really had a great time there. All the staff were really kind and answered all my questions.They were really generous.
We had most of are dinners at
Prego. We sat outside and had a great meal. The waiter that served are table was really generous that we both had a wonderful time. Thank you Chandan for your generous service.
To say a couple faults.
I put some present paper bags next to the mirror on top of the self. But I guess the person who cleaned my room thought it was trash it was gone when I came back. Also I was using my room with my friend but there were only one slipper and one rode in the room.When we were having dinner at Prego a couple guys in suit and the chef were talking at the entrance and it really made me uncomfortable. If they were having a conference I thought it would better if they do it in the back.
Despite that I had a really great time there.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are thrilled that the Heavenly bed was appreciated by you. We also appreciate your particular mention of the rooms cleanliness. The staff is delighted that they had such a positive impact on your stay. Prego has a loyal following of the repeat customers due to the superioir cuisine and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We regret however that your otherwise wonderful experience was marred by a few incidents.

We will certainly look forward to your return and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Westin is a great choice to stay for business travelers to Delhi. The service was excellent and if using them for airport transportation they use super clean white BMW 5 series for pick up & drop off. It is a nice touch especially for tired travelers. The hotel had a vibrant feel to it with a good amount of activity. Many business travelers and westerners are found in the restaurant and lounges. The main restaurant is buffet style with a good selection of food and it was of decent quality. The MIX lounge on the second floor was cozy and had great drinks with unique ingredients. While you had to go outside to get to the exercise room, it was located in the base of a pyramid looking structure that was impressive to view. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious and clean. Was not a big fan of the shower set up but it worked. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 April 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.

It is good to learn that your stay with us was at par with your expectations. Seasonal Tastes, our multi fare venue offers a host of delicious cuisine to our guests and we are happy to learn that you enjoyed the food. Mix Lounge & Bar allows guests to unwind while sipping on drinks with friends and your mention of the same is delightful. It is a pleasure to know that you could enjoy the Heavenly Bed® at our hotel. We thank you for appreciating our rooms and are glad that they were up to the mark.

We look forward to another visit from you soon .

New York
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel experience has proven to be a disappointment. Premium room is very small, lacks same apppointments found at Mumbai Westin. Hotel staff at Front Desk seemed disorganized. I am sorry I prepaid the entire 26night stay as I would have switched hotels. I specifically asked for a nice room given my long duration stay but the room I got was tiny, noisy, faces a construction sight and far away from elevator. Food is just "ok"....the set up at Seasonal Taste is awkward and waitstaff are not as attentive as they should be (with exceptions of 2 guys).

Now i know that not all Westin's are the same. Good learning experience. I will certainly not recommend this to my work colleagues who travel to Gurgaon often for long periods of time based on my experience thus far. It's a shame really.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

Many thanks for sharing your valuable feedback about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your concerns were noted and issues that you had raised, were shared with the relevant departments. Guest reviews are an integral part of The Westin Gurgaon, and we thank you for sharing yours. We assure you that this was a one off occurrence.

Hope your stay was comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Jaipur, India
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A frequent traveler in India. I have stayed at Westin several times, and each time I return, I realize this is one of the finest hotels in the world. It's first class from beginning to end.

The rooms are spot on clean and modern, the food is amazing.... but what really makes this a "different' type of property is the staff. Cannot say enough about how much each and every person goes far beyond their duty to make me feel as if I'm the most important person in the building.

On top of this, anyone visiting should really book an hour or two for the Heavenly Spa.... the entire team is truly one of the best I've experienced. From front desk to back... they seem to know what running a "spa" is about............ There is a special note here and i"m hesitant to reveal for fear he will be booked when I'm there, but there is a guy there... his name is Tensin ? Maybe spelling is not right... but he is bar none the best masseuse I've ever experienced. He's a healer actually... what he does is something which cannot be taught... it's intuitive ....

The food in the Prego bar and lounge was amazing........ the staff is super... the food is too good...I ordered an appetizer and did not like the sauce.... in seconds, my waiter.... Chandan ? ( again, spelling might be wrong ) .... he offered me multiple choices and never missed a beat.... I was too impressed.. because in India, at too many places, what you see is what you get... NOT HERE....

I will return again.....I like being treated so well...

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool are always a best choice.....