“my stay”

Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Ranked #4 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
delhi
“my stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

i also like to travel a lot and like seeing new places ,my stay at westin gurgaon was a excellent experience ,food is world class and the main thing i dislike about 5 star hotels is that they provide packed juice when asked for ,but this thing was not applicable here ,the location of the hotel is very nice ,malls are nearby ,at the restaurant seasonal tastes Amit and Ali were very helpful. as i am very choosy but i will certainly recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 30 June 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure to host you at The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Located in proximity to the growing business district, our hotel caters to business as well as leisure travelers. We are happy to know that your stay with us was at par with your expectation and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided. It pleases us to know that you found the Westin experience excellent along with the food being to your liking. We will share your kind words of appreciation with our associates; this will inspire them to continue performing to their very best.

We would also like to thank you for ranking us so highly on this forum.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and we will look forward to your next visit.

Sanjay Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Westin takes a warm pride in its hospitality and the same reflects in the warmth, care and the idiosyncrasies in their elegant service, exquisitely designed rooms, and the personal touches.

It has always been a pleasure to be a guest at leading hotel groups that epitomize hospitality and Westin is surely one of them. As I firmly believe, the key drivers of immaculate hospitality are the people who work tirelessly all day to make sure everything is Perfect!

1. Caroline and Mr Sanjay Sharma:

It was an absolute delight interacting with both of you over email. Thanks for customizing our stay as per our preferences and making it so memorable! I appreciate the professionalism reflected in the chain of communications between us.

2. Anoop Pandey:(Front Office)

Anoop is an extremely warm person who sends across very positive vibes.He was always alert and very concerned.

3. Himanshu, Kanishka,Rohit and Abhishek:(Executive Lounge)

Thanks for taking care of our lacto vegetarian needs and for the Veg Sushis and Eggless Brownie for my niece.

4. Ashima( Service Express):

I hope I got the name right. Everything expected was in the room in no time.

5. Sher Singh Negi:(Prego)

A Great Service and a great interaction!

The Stay was a surprise for my sister and niece and both of them just loved it!

Room Tip: Book the Royal Suite on a higher Floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

It is always wonderful to receive such an insightful review regarding our guest’s stay and we thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to note that your stay with us was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided. At Westin, we strive to provide personalized services and your review is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours. It is good to know that you found the rooms comfortable and to your liking. We are also very glad to know that your stay was made memorable due to the services offered by our team. Your kind words of appreciation will be conveyed to them; this will inspire them to continue performing to their very best.

Thank you for your patronage; we will definitely look forward to your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel a lot and recently I have spent over 10 weeks at the Westin and I must say the overall experience is great. It is hard to find a fault in their service: clean, proactive, good quality, friendly but not invasive...they make you feel at home.

Some of the staff also goes really above and beyond: Ajit from concierge always ready to go the extra mile for anything I need, the chef from breakfast always welcoming me in the morning and asking me for any special dish I like, the boys at the gym always very nice with my daughter, the staff at the restaurants absolutely great........overall everyone is really well trained and has great attitude. Really impressed....

Look no futher....

Room Tip: higher rooms are better as often there are weddings on the lower ground..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure hosting you at The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that your stay was at par with your expectations and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered. It is nice to know that our associates could add value to your stay and that you had a comfortable experience. We are delighted to receive such a high ranking on this forum and we thank you for rating us. We will certainly share your kind words of appreciation with our team; this will inspire them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.

We thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From many ways, the Westin Gurgaon is first rate. You probably would consider this property only if you were on business nearby. On the down side, it's nearly an hour from central Delhi if you consider traffic--and you must always consider traffic, and even farther from entry to the new super-duper clean and fast Yamuna Expressway to Agra and the Taj Mahal. Enough about the location, on to the hotel.

Like other Westin properties, it's clean, green and the service is superb--I can't figure how so many staff can remember my name. Like many finer hotels in India, it's located within its own compound, an oasis within the city. If you care to venture out on foot, there are actually many malls on the so-call "Mall Mile" road. It's also a ten minute drive to the large Ambience Mall. But, it is a hassle getting an outside cab unless you are able to wait 20 minutes for the hotel to book one.

Problem is, as fine as the Westin is, the service needs a bit of fine tuning. My first stay there, the staff neglected to reserve my car service despite my room package and confirmation. That happens. But, when it happened again this year, I was shocked. This is despite my calling in advance of my hotel reservation to note the mishap from the previous year.

Back in the room, all is comfortable until you get to the towels. I know the water is harsh in India, but perhaps they could consider using a bit more bleach and fabric softener, or at least better detergent to make the towels not look so tired. For a hotel of this level, guests would expect quality, and attention to details.

I'll likely book the Westin Gurgaon agian for business next year. The restaurants and facilities are top rate. The pool is terrific. If you got the time, the Westin Gurgaon's got the beer. It's premium, but not gourmet.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the Club Rooms on 7th and 8th floor for the drinks and happy hour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 June 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure to welcome you to The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that your stay with us was up to the mark and that you found the facilities and services to your satisfaction. At Westin, our associates strive to provide guests with personalized services and your review is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours. Our staff in the kitchen will be delighted to hear that your dining experience was a delightful one. We are happy that you found the pool terrific.

We however regret the inconvenience faced by you while staying with us. We have noted your concerns and will definitely share it with the relevant departments. We assure you that on your next visit, you will witness and experience positive changes.

Thank you for your patronage.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 June 2014

By far one of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in.I stayed here while my husband was on business so had time to review service and amenities.Bouquet of flowers delivered to room after a touch of delhi belly, birthday card, cake and chocs arrived days later, how spoiled was I? The hotel itself is so peaceful and hotel room very spacious with plenty of storage. Special thanks to staff in club lounge who made my stay so enjoyable and to concierge for arranging unforgettable trip to Jaipur

Room Tip: overlooking pool with afternoon sunshine
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to know that your stay was at par with your expectations and that you found our services and facilities to your liking. We are glad that our associates could go that extra mile for you and make you feel at home. It is good to know that you found the hotel spacious and clean. At Westin, we strive to provide personalized services to our guests and your review is testimony that we have succeeded in our endeavours. We will certainly share your kind words of appreciation with our team which will inspire them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.

Thank you once again for staying with us; we look forward to your next visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for 10 days during a business trip. The fitness facility was much better than others in the area. They even have an on staff personal trainer. The pool looked wonderful too, I ordered lunch poolside one day-- although I was the only one there as it was 100+ degrees out. The buffet is very tasty too. We stayed on the executive level and utilized the executive lounge. Great service. I would recommend a room facing the pool rather than the road as you can hear the "honks" for Delhi traffic pretty clearly. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Everything was very clean. Rooms were bright and airy. They could use more tv channels. Nice hotel overall for a long stay. The only small downside was that I opted for a massage on a weekend we weren't working. The massage therapist was horrible. I wanted a swedish massage and he barely applied pressure. Then he rubbed my eyeballs. He also poured oil in my scalp and hair. Had to take two showers to remove all the oil. Was not worth the money at all.

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

Thank you for providing such an insightful review regarding your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that your stay with us was at par with your expectations. It is good to know that you were delighted with the services and facilities provided at the hotel. We are happy that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the buffet spread at the hotel. At Westin, we provide guests with our signature Heavenly Bed® so that they can sleep well and your review is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours. We regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We have noted your concerns and will share them with the relevant departments.

Thank you once again for staying with us; we will look forward to your return.

Philippines
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nicest and most professional hotel staff I have ever experienced. I just had an unfortunate incident wherein my room's A/C leaked causing a minor flooding.

Overall the experience was great. In-room food delivery was superb, their salmon steak was the best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 19 June 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your stay at The Westin Gurgaon on TripAdvisor.

It is great to know that your overall stay with us was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services and facilities. We are happy to note that you found our in-room food delivery on time. Our team in the kitchen will be delighted to know that you enjoyed the salmon steak and this will surely motivate them to continue performing to their very best.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. Rest assured, we have noted your concerns and will notify the relevant departments. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your patronage.

Sanjay Sharma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#12 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
#7 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi? Share your experiences!