“Good”

Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Ranked #4 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
new delhi
“Good”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay @ westin, gurgaon. One of the thing i liked the most was that shopping malls , pubs , clubs ,restaurants etc were close by. Airport is not that far either. So for people looking to stay @ five star hotel, this is the place to be.

Food is amazing , staff members were very helpful too.I would like to thank one staff member in particular - Miss Laboni ( Cafe Manager ) for her hospitality . She made our stay a pleasurable one and we could not have asked for more. Full marks to her.

However I only had one reservation that couple of online verified hotel booking sites did not ask for advance payment for the stay @ westin hotel. We just had to book it in advance and pay the entire amount on the day of arrival which is a general practise. Moreover the room rates were the same.

Whereas Westin Gurgaon asked us to payment full amount 21 days prior to stay at the hotel. There was no logic behind it. I have not seen five star hotels doing it.

I would recommend people to stay @ westin resorts , gurgaon. That place is heaven. It is damm good.

Cheers,
Arpit

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank arpitthegr8
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 15 July 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Many thanks for sharing your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay.

We are happy that your stay with us was a memorable one and that you found our services and facilities at par with your expectations. It is great to know that you found the food offerings to your liking. Your special mention of our services will be shared with the relevant departments; this will act as a motivating factor towards providing the very best to our guests. We are grateful to you for recommending us to other travelers and comparing our hotel to ‘Heaven’.

We have noted your feedback and will certainly work upon your concerns. Thank you for your patronage.

Sanjay Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited in April and was absolutely amazed at how friendly eager the staff are to make sure every need of the guest is taken care of. One very specific example is Gaurav, who works at the front desk. I needed to be able to call the hotel for a pickup, but because I'm from Canada the call would have been very expensive. Gaurav gave me his personal WhatsApp info so I could contact him that way when I was ready. I was very impressed! Because of the great service, I look forward to staying there many times again in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Welcome to Renewal!

It was a pleasure to host you at The Westin Gurgaon.

We are happy that you found your stay up to the mark and you were delighted with the services and amenities provided. At Westin, we strive to provide personalized services to our guests and it pleases us that our associates’ services could make your stay comfortable. Your special mention of our associate will be shared with him. Guest reviews often act as a source of motivation and inspiration; yours will certainly be shared with our entire team. This way they will look forward to performing with perfection each time.

We will look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Practically everything which i state here is my 1st time ....... 1st time trip to India, 1st business trip, 1st time stay in Westin. I arrived late at night and the reception is very courteous and we had a chat and I'm served with a welcome drinks. After knowing it's my 1st trip, the reception got a staff to accompany me to my room.

The room is very spacious and the whole place look very comfy and i felt really very comfortable. The night scenery from the room is not very fantastic and the hotel seems to have a high security. Your vehicle need to be scan before entering the premises and your bag need to be scan before you can enter the hotel.

The variety of food is absolutely delicious and i love it alot. I had a morning walk down the basement and pool and i had a peek to the gym and found out that there's yoga classes avaliable upon request. So please check with the staff if you plan to have a session. This is real awesome and I'm definitely going for 1 the next time when I'm there.

Tumbs up for the amenities ans services, the stay is great and definitely i would be back soon .....

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Gurgaon!

It is always wonderful to receive a review from a guest who has experienced the ‘Westin experience’ for the first time. Thank you for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

The Westin Gurgaon team was glad to welcome you and offer a par excellence experience during your first visit to India. We are happy that you found the rooms comfortable and that they could add value to your stay. Our Chef along with the team in the kitchen was highly inspired after reading your feedback and will continue to perform to their very best.

We look forward to extending an equally pleasurable experience on your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for your patronage.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stayed for a business trip, which spanned the weekend. While one usually dreads spending the weekend in the hotel, the staff went out of their way to arrange visits to the Taj, local resturants and events. The lounge staff was friendly, and made me feel like a rock-star. Even had to make changes to my reservation at the last minute, they helped me with a late checkout and even arranged last minute transportation. One of the few trips where I didn't have to worry about much, felt like I had a personal concierge!

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny, but close your blinds as the sunlight can overpower even the best AC! I ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Welcome to Renewal!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that your weekend was well spent at our hotel and that you found our amenities at par with your expectations. Our Lounge staff is happy to receive your feedback on the services provided; this will certainly act as a source of motivation. We thank you for rating us so highly on this forum.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed in westin, gurgaon a million and one times now. I have always loved the hotel, it's food, service quality, rooms, and especially their breakfast. But my last visit to the hotel was for a close friend's wedding when it just shocked me that such a nice hotel in every aspect has hired the rudest people on planet earth.
Arjun (a guy from banquet setup staff) was as rude as monkey and didn't know how to talk to humans, leave aside talking to a customer or client. He had all the F and H words in his normal communication dialect. And to add to surprise when I took this matter to his seniors, A f&b manager (mr. Amit Kumar) was on his side in the whole matter, tried to defend him and didn't even care what customers will think about the brand westin.
But to my relief a really nice guy from reception (can't remember his name) was kind enough to call the GM (mr. Jarome lienart) a real gentleman, who stepped in the matter and listened to my side of the story. He did come to conclusion for my satisfaction and promised to take things seriously from there on.

Bottom line, if u want your family functions to be fun, if u want weddings in ur family, not an insulting affair for your people.. Avoid Westin

Room Tip: Don't get married here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vin62
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum. We truly value the opinions of our guests and regret the inconvenience caused.

We want to assure you that guest satisfaction is our primary objective, and we will duly address the concern that you have mentioned.
We thank you again for your feedback and hope to have the chance to serve you again with the hospitality standards that we are known for.

Be Inspired, Be Renewed.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 July 2014

was on a 2 day business travel... checked in late one night... had reservations already... the lady at the reception gave 2 rooms and a key each.. we were 3 of us... had to request for the extra key... guess she was not good at math.. the rooms were spacious and well kept beds... the sleep experience was good. the Wifi was fast... the bathroom in room 322 was did not lock.. i was sharing the room with an office colleague and was uncomfortable with an open bathroom. the showers leak even once stopped, and the water pressure from the basic was bad.. you dont expect to go trough this when you pay about 13K for a room, this is not a roadside dabha... !!! the morning complimentary breakfast was just stale... we could feel how old the scrabbled egg was.. it is mostly recycled food from the freezers... unless you eat some hot freshly cooked food (eg dosa, omelet) rest everything is stale. the sausages were the worst of the lot. also note, you will be attended by staff only if you are a non-desi.. the worst breakfast in a long time. i havent rated it terrible only because the sleep quality was good, the sheets and room were well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VenkatGudla
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your review on this forum.
As a valued Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ guest, your satisfaction is imperative to us. We have perused your review and assure you that all areas detailed within it have been discussed with the relevant team members.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at our hotel and hope to have the chance to serve you with the hospitality standards that we are known for.

Stay Well,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Westin Gurgaon to my surprise was a paradise in the otherwise crowded Gurgaon city. Very close to the T3 terminal , New Delhi , India I chose to stay in this property for the first time as my favorites have always been ITC Maurya and Taj Palace New Delhi. As I was a Starwood Platinum member I was allotted a suite room overlooking the city. The ambience was fabulous and the amenities in the room where par excellence. During my stay I found the Hotel staff to be extremely pleasant and very helpful and always want to make you feel at home. The food was excellent with lavish breakfast . I would strongly recommend the WESTIN Gurgaon for those who are looking for something close to the International Airport / or for those whose work is predominantly based out of Gurgaon.

Room Tip: Executive suite rooms are large and spacious and come with elegant ambience
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this review, 4 July 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

It was indeed a pleasure welcoming you to The Westin Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review with us on TripAdvisor.

It is great to know that your stay with us was at par with your expectations and that you were delighted with the services provided. We are happy that you found your room comfortable, clean along with the ambiance being fabulous. It is nice to know that you found our breakfast offerings to your liking; we will certainly inform our Chef of the same. Our associates will be highly motivated on reading your feedback. We also would like to thank you for ranking us with such a high rating on this forum.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and for your patronage.

Sanjay Sharma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
#6 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi? Share your experiences!