“FANTASTIC JEWEL IN GURGAON”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Toronto, Canada
“FANTASTIC JEWEL IN GURGAON”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Crown Plaza in Gurgaon, India from July 14 to the end of July. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the Delhi international airport.

The Crown plaza is a vast, magnificent hotel, probably less than 5 years old. The staff at the hotel were fantastic! They cater to your every whim, always aiming to exceed your expectations.

The hotel room was excellent. Very spacious, clean and modern. The room was better than most North American rooms. Internet connection is available, but expensive.

The service at the hotel is impeccable. The staff at the Café G restaurant were great. I was most impressed with the concierge staff. Dharminder, the Chief Concierge was fantastic. Any place you want to go, any arrangements that need to be made, he took care of. He truly went above and beyond. Thank you!

I can’t really say anything negative about this hotel. The location is far about side of Delhi (about 1 hour) but very close to Cyber city and Ambience mall.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sailorann
RanjanBGurgaon, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear Sailorann,

Your comments will be shared with our team members, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Gurgaon a leader in excellence.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
goa
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My business takes me to Gurgaon almost every 3-4 months, returning to Crowne Plaza Gurgaon is a great pleasure as it feels like home away from home. Airport staff is very courteous and always prepared with my check-in ( Limo Check-in they call). This time I found a Pastry Shop next to Coffee Shop which was great as the name 'Deli-Cious'. Over all a wonderful stay that was made by Crowne team.

Keep it Up!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear Marialecgoa,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed in Park for nearly 4 day it was and enjoyable stay Kudos 5 * Treatment. Very Good and friendly Staff. From the front office to the Guards they we very nice and helpful. Only one small hitch the security checks repeatedly. The beds are really comfortable and really the best. Love the pillows. Food is also very good. slightly on the expensive side but worth it. Best for Hi Fi travellors

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear Abygod,

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have stayed here multiple times and it is an excellent property and the staff is terrific.

Never had issues and the hotel has taken care of all my business needs. Room is great, Internet connection is really fast and the facilities are perfect for my needs and most of all, staff is excellent.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Reception warm and informative. Rooms clean and functional. Location is great. Highly recommended.
It starts at the check in - it is fast and very friendly
The staff in general are very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is delicoius and include indian, continental, american styles.
The rooms:
The bathrooms are very nice and CLEAN!!! ;-)

Only problem is such nice hotel - with such good standard and then the internet is not free!!!!!!!

also the security check ---- i hate it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Executive suite room ...nice one
Dear Natallie,

We are delighted to know that room,location of hotel, check-in and food were to your liking.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed here on business for two weeks. The Hotel is very nice and the service is second to none.
If I were not on business I would be bored out of my head, there is not much to do (Or that is what I was told by concierge)
I would not visit this hotel If I were on Holiday. It is far too overpriced, more so than any other 5* hotel I have stayed in. A can of coke is on average £4 in the hotel, and around 20pence outside the hotel. I spent about £70 a day on dinner, It was far from good value for money.
Even those with money do not like to be ripped off. I used the phone as my mobile was broken, In total 3 hours worth of calls cost me over £600- It is a scandal. I mentioned to the hotel manager who said the cost is in the welcome deck, I read this immediatley and all it said was you will be charged for calls you make- State the obvious!!! It does not mention anywhere the cost of making a call.
Although the service was excellent, and the surroundings devine, the quality of the food and the location of the hotel does not warrant the prices they charge.
Housekeeping were most memorable, the reception desk were not too friendly.
I took a picture of the Garden, as I am a keen gardener. I was told off for taking pictures and told I was not allowed for security reasons. I pointed out that there was no sign displayed which told you not to take pictures.

2 Thank MartinElwood
Dear MartinElwood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on our guests, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet their needs.

We at Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon aim to consistently achieve highest level of Guest satisfaction through quality service and hospitality.

We have shared your experience with concerned department heads and all possible corrective actions are in place to address admissible issues.

All of us here sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you the true Crowne Plaza Gurgaon experience expected from us on your next visit to Gurgaon (Delhi NCR).

Thank you once again for taking the time in writing your experiences.

Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 2 weeks for an extended business trip. Overall it was a very good stay. The breakdown:

Service: Always a high point in India, the CP was excellent. I never once was met with anything other than a smile. Most of the staff spoke excellent English (in contrast to my non-existent Hindi).

Food: I can honestly say that in two weeks at the hotel I did not have one meal that rated below "Better Than Average" and in reality nearly all were top notch. The breakfast buffet contains an amazing selection, from American to Indian to Japanese with a bit of others in between. In room dining was excellent, always delivered quickly, hot and very tasty. The Brazilian restaurant Wildfire was good but not my favorite of the trip.

Rooms/Building: My room faced the pool and grounds, was spacious and clean. It's nearly time for some refurbishment with wall paper, but overall upkeep is pretty good. Gurgaon weather and dust has to be tough on a hotel and I think they are doing a very good job at keeping it in high form. I saw daily attention to the grounds and the pool and health club were spotless. The later was a bit small but usable. The infinity pool was great but no bar.

For the business hotel at this price point, I have to give a big thumbs up.

Dear Skipnatl,

We appreciate you taking out time for writing detailed feedback , we are delighted to know that the services and food were to your liking.

Your comment pertaining wall paper has been reviewed with concerned head of department and is addressed.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and assure you that we will continue to do all we can to justify your confidence in Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon.

Ranjan Banerjee,