“Excellent hotel with even better staff”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #8 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Wales, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with even better staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business in Delhi many times during 2012/2013. Each time, I found my room to be clean and well presented, with good facilities, including a Bose audio system.

The hotel is well located, and I found the in-house restaurants to offer a good selection of very tasty food. Both Cafe G and the Brazilian restaurant offered options for vegetarian guests, though the selection available in Cafe G was particularly good.

The hotel offered a very comfortable base for business meetings, with a very spacious lobby and bar area.

Whilst I felt that the hotel was very good, the staff were excellent. After my first stay, several staff even recognised me and greeted me by name on future visits, and I was always made to feel as a welcome guest. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble. A great many hotels could learn a lot from a visit here. I'd like to especially thank two members of staff who are a shining example of how customer service should be done, these were Vijay Chauhan and Shashi Chand.

In keeping with many hotels and shopping centres in the area, there are security checks on entry to the hotel. The staff are very courteous and efficient, so these are quickly dealt with, and do not cause any delays or inconvenience.

One travel tip if you have not visited Delhi airport before: You will not be allowed to enter the airport without some printed documentation showing your name and your flight. On my first visit I found that an e-ticket was not enough.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all a big thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel and my gratitude for taking precious time to write about your experience in such great details. I can assure you that nothing motivates my team and me as much as words of appreciation such as yours. We continue to strive to provide the highest levels of service and assure you of a warm welcome on your return.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 August 2014

You can't go wrong with this hotel . . . It is well located in the city (walking distance from the Leisure Valley market that has something for everyone from Starbucks and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to Downtown MicroBrewery and Mamagoto's oriental fusion cuisine, easy access to NH8 and around a 5 minutes drive from Cyber City). The rooms I have stayed in were all either good or fantastic, the breakfast buffet was among the best in the city, and the service was quite pleasant. The pool and gym were great options for exercise and relaxation when we weren't in meetings.

I would gladly stay here again in the future. In fact, I'm already booked to do that :)

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the Presidential suite. Anything on the 6th or 7th floor is above the c...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! We are simply delighted and proud to have made your stay a great one. My team and I are grateful to you for such a positive feedback and it certainly motivates us all. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit, and assure you of our continued effort to ensure a wonderful stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is located in a good place in Central Gurgaon right off of NH8 (the highway that leads to Delhi). Most notable to me was their customer service evident in all parts of the hotel. I stayed 7 nights and on my last Saturday, since I had a late flight, I asked for a late checkout which they were able to accommodate. Any additional time could be spent in their lounge with free wifi, ability to order food, and charge devices (though outlets are only Indian style, they will bring adapters if requested). The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. I had issues with the pillows, and upon asking , was told there is a menu of pillows to choose from. Would be nice if this was mentioned earlier in a more obvious place. I did not really like the bathroom toiletries (particularly the shampoo/conditioner which can be upgraded) but otherwise, everything was nice and comfortable.
Room service is prompt, but expensive. Breakfast that is included is quite extensive and good. Tea can be improved. For dinner, there are several restaurants nearby in Sector 29, you just need a car or use the hotel car.
The spa was also very good with several options for massage treatments and body scrubs.
Basic wifi was free but slow if you are downloading shows from itunes. Premium is at a cost which I tried to get but without success.

Overall, a great hotel for a business stay (or otherwise) in Gurgaon.I'd recommend it and be back (with my own shampoo/conditioner and I'll call for a better pillow on night one).

Room Tip: Rooms on higher foors that face the pool are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! A big thank you for a candid and detailed feedback about our hotel and your experience. We are also grateful because it is feedback such as these that help us become even better and ensure delighted guests. I assure you that while your compliments will be communicated to the team, your suggestions are being taken on board and processes implemented to enhance our hotel and its service standards. We also look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Its gonna be my first trip to india for one week and to avoid being lost in translation, i called the hotel for airport pickup today while in am still in singapore. However, i was transfered from the front desk to conciage (which was no one picked up) and had to dial again going through the entire transfer process which eventually lands the call with reservation department after a good twenty minutes! What a first impression...Hopefully things will get better next monday when i arrive. Will update.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stanley P
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience. Your feedback is a great opportunity to address the shortcomings and ensure no recurrence of such complaints in future. I am sure you had a pleasant stay with us, and our Front Office Manager had met you personally.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Although there were some problems at check-in, the hotel staff and management worked hard to make sure my stay was great. After being walked over to their Holiday Inn property, they upgraded me to a nice suite and brought up some wine and snacks. Although it was a tough arrival after a long flight from the US, they recovered pretty well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all, apologies once again for the inconvenience on your arrival. I am glad that the team did do their best and happy to note that eventually we were able to win back your confidence. We hope to welcome you back soon. We assure you of our best service standards and the same warmth you have already experienced.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I frequently travel to India on Business and usually stay at the Oberoi.
On this occasion, because I have stayed in Crowne Plaza Hotels in Europe and the Middle East, I thought I would give The Crowne Plaza Gurgaon a try.
I was disappointed.
The rooms are tired really need re-decorating.
They are not what a Crowne Plaza is and do not give the Hotel a good image.
The rooms were also not very clean.
When I checked in, the bin in the bathroom had not been emptied and there was hair in the wash hand basin.
Staff must be told not to speak loudly in the corridors as it can be heard by guests in the room.
The AC was noisy and the room did not cool very well.
My key did not work on three occasions and I was told it was because I was keeping it too close to my mobile phone.
From a security perspective, please request some form of identification when someone requests a key replacement and do not rely on a room number alone, even though the person may be recognised as a guest.
On a plus side, breakfast was good and the team at reception were every helpful and friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! First of all, a big thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Gurgaon, and also we are grateful for your candid and detailed feedback. We are getting to work right away and also address the systemic issues that may have resulted in some of your experiences. I assure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously and I am certain you will have no reason for disappointment on your next visit. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and do experience our hotel again.
Greater Noida, India
Reviewed 23 June 2014

staff was very polite at reception....checkin procedure is fast...when i checked in room was nice..operator girl (i think her name is shivee) was very polite when she received my requests.Food of cafe g was awsome....thanking you...I'll be back soon.....

Room Tip: Select room with pool side view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel and the team. I can assure you that Shivee will be immensely pleased to hear about your appreciation. These kind words of praise go a long way in motivating our teams and I can assure you that we will do all we can to delight every guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.