“Spiti Valley”
Review of Spiti Valley

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hi
I visited Kaza in June month for 10 days.
There are 2 routes to reach Kaza from Delhi . Via Shimla and Via Manali.
Manali route is very bad will not recommend. There is no road actually only stones and water flowing.

Shimla route is very good. Even at such high altitude u will find good roads.
Also u Will slowly slowly increase the altitude so our body gets time to adjust with height.so while going u can go thru Shimla, while coming back u have to come thru Manali.
Will recommend good SUV on this trip.

Something which I would like to share with u is
1. In June for initial 5 days u need Half sleeves T shirt in day time and Full sleeves in night time. No need of heavy woollen sweaters. Only when u will reach Kaze u need light weight sweater or jacket in night.
2. In whole journey, day time was very hot. Sharp sun rays. So u need a good sunscreen with high SPF. U will get a good tanning by the time u come back to ur home.
3. U will not find any good hotels like u get in Shimla or Manali. So ur expectations should not be high.
4. Most of the places u will get rice, dal, rajma in ur food.no spicy food. Don’t expect some high quality restaurant food.
5. If u are diet conscious, then u can carry oats, kornflakes, wheat bread , dry fruits etc for ur breakfast.
6. Since u r going on high altitude so drink garlic water. Recommend by local persons.
7. Carry medicines for fever, headache,vomit. Due to sudden changes in temperature, altitude, these small illnesses happens with everybody even though we all were regular exercise doers.
8. In most of hotels u don’t get mineral water, so if want buy from market before u enter in hotel. Mountain water was pure so we front that only.
9. Carry goggles, cap . Very hot in day time.

10. Most of the itinerary will tell u go to sangla from Shimla but I will prefer to stay in chitkul. People stay in sangla to see chitkul village. Then what’s the point of staying in sangla.
Small village at the border of India -Tibet. With beautiful river flowing. Amazing view.

11. In tabo , there is White lotus home stay. You will forget big hotels. This home stay was the best in our whole trip.
+91 89881 96835.

12. Regarding chandartaal I have given reviews seperatly.
13. Ur mobile sim will not work there. U can take a BSNL sim if u want to connect with the world.otherwise we were happy to disconnect from world for almost 5 days without Mobile

Kids being active get adjust with altitude very fast. Problem happens with ladies. So take care of ur health trip will be unforgettable

1  Thank nagpalsunil80
in 7 reviews
"next morning"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spiti valley is really paradise on earth we travelled to spiti valley last month A breathtaking gorgeous terrian majestic mountains inviting every soul to explore their magnificence & the adudance aroud them. Our cab driver happy 8988933157 shimla based awesome & skillfull driver who have great knowledge of spiti terrian.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spiti valley kaza is must visit place in every traveller list.........just a heavenly feels and touch. Sky colour is so different. Every walk n drive has mesmerising view. What eye can capture ,is difficult to capture thru camera......

1  Thank swetatanna
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place demands you be fit to explore its beauty - just perfect. The grandiosity of the mountains, the serenity in the pastures - all call for a visit and respect. I really liked this place because it was inaccessible by regular noisy, place-dirtying, locals-scaring tourists - though you can go for jeep tours instead of trekking from village to village.

I went for a guided trek - it was very well organized but i wish i was super physically fit. I did run out of breathe very often, had to pop some pills and continuously chewed onto garlic.

Phones dont work here except for BSNL network - but give it up for few days, immerse in the place.

All in all - go a thorough study of the place, what you need and train yourselves before your trek.

6  Thank TheBayWife
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to visit Spiti valley this summer. I generally prefer to plan trips myself but since I did not have much time I decided to plan through a tour company. I emailed a few but was highly impressed by the response I got from Incredible Spiti team. From day one I knew we were in right hands. There is something different about them. Their entire team is extremely friendly and warm. Never felt I was talking to just a tour company. Everyone in their team deserves special acknowledgment. Rutika and Vishesh planned our itenary well as per our requirements and tight schedule. Rutika was extremely helpful in answering all our queries throughout the planning and trip. The choice of places to stay each night was brilliant, the tent stay at Kinner camps Nako being the best!! Our driver Mingmar was the best driver I have ever met in different trips!! He was very punctual, calm, well mannered and an extremely safe driver. He was considerate and compassionate towards other travellers too helping them in difficult terrains!! We met so many lovely people on our entire trip. Tsering one of the founders of Incredible Spiti is one of the most humble person I have met. We had a good conversation with him. His hotel and guesthouse in Kaza are extremely well maintained. The minute you enter it you can feel a different vibe. We were touched by his gesture to gift us a book.Rutika and Vishesh invited us for a cup of tea in Manali, we were very happy to meet them in person. It was a perfect place for an evening cuppa with awesome views!! The food at all stays was delicious with multiple options to chose from. If you wish to plan Spiti I highly recommend getting in touch with the team at Incredible Spiti! I am already looking forward to my next trip with them!!
A big big heartfelt thank you to the entire team at Incredible Spiti for everything they did for us making it a perfect holiday for us!!

2  Thank Euphoria26