I visited Kaza in June month for 10 days.
There are 2 routes to reach Kaza from Delhi . Via Shimla and Via Manali.
Manali route is very bad will not recommend. There is no road actually only stones and water flowing.
Shimla route is very good. Even at such high altitude u will find good roads.
Also u Will slowly slowly increase the altitude so our body gets time to adjust with height.so while going u can go thru Shimla, while coming back u have to come thru Manali.
Will recommend good SUV on this trip.
Something which I would like to share with u is
1. In June for initial 5 days u need Half sleeves T shirt in day time and Full sleeves in night time. No need of heavy woollen sweaters. Only when u will reach Kaze u need light weight sweater or jacket in night.
2. In whole journey, day time was very hot. Sharp sun rays. So u need a good sunscreen with high SPF. U will get a good tanning by the time u come back to ur home.
3. U will not find any good hotels like u get in Shimla or Manali. So ur expectations should not be high.
4. Most of the places u will get rice, dal, rajma in ur food.no spicy food. Don’t expect some high quality restaurant food.
5. If u are diet conscious, then u can carry oats, kornflakes, wheat bread , dry fruits etc for ur breakfast.
6. Since u r going on high altitude so drink garlic water. Recommend by local persons.
7. Carry medicines for fever, headache,vomit. Due to sudden changes in temperature, altitude, these small illnesses happens with everybody even though we all were regular exercise doers.
8. In most of hotels u don’t get mineral water, so if want buy from market before u enter in hotel. Mountain water was pure so we front that only.
9. Carry goggles, cap . Very hot in day time.
10. Most of the itinerary will tell u go to sangla from Shimla but I will prefer to stay in chitkul. People stay in sangla to see chitkul village. Then what’s the point of staying in sangla.
Small village at the border of India -Tibet. With beautiful river flowing. Amazing view.
11. In tabo , there is White lotus home stay. You will forget big hotels. This home stay was the best in our whole trip.
+91 89881 96835.
12. Regarding chandartaal I have given reviews seperatly.
13. Ur mobile sim will not work there. U can take a BSNL sim if u want to connect with the world.otherwise we were happy to disconnect from world for almost 5 days without Mobile
Kids being active get adjust with altitude very fast. Problem happens with ladies. So take care of ur health trip will be unforgettable
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.