Tourist Hotel
US$134
US$121
US$91
Agoda.com
Golden Tulip Manali(Manali)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$61
US$108
US$90
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelwalking distance from mall roadgreen fieldsfew minutes walkcold weatherviews of the mountainsreasonable ratesclean roomssolang valleyhotel staffspecial thanksheaterbalconiesmarketoperativewashroomindia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stay at manali from 30 the may 2014 to 01 June 2014 in tourist hotel manali with my family . We had taken two rooms . The room size was very big and neat and cleaned . The bath rooms were not very attractive but it was OK . Room service for food was OK . Staff was very cooperative and had a very nice stay at hotel . Because the hotel is very old so electrical wiring is of old type . but they were working. The mountain view from the hotel is execillent. The location of the hotel is little trickey . It takes me about half an hour to find the hotel . The place is situated in narrow lanes but has enough parking space for no of cars. It is away from main road side and no noise of vehicles . I will stay again if I had been to Manali.

Room Tip: Room no 111 is very good.
2  Thank Prabhat57
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Don't judge the hotel with their website or any pictures . I stayed with my family for 3 nights . It was nightmare in staying in the hotel. There were several cockroaches and spiders in bathroom. The hotel was built in 1989 and thereafter none of the furnitures are replaced. No Wifi or TV functioning properly. Floors are damaged and carpets belong to old civilisation. Bulbs were not working and we have to buy on our own to install. The tiles in the bathroom were broken and bathrooms were not well maintained. Dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in my life time !!! The hotel has 4.5 as trip advisor rating, which is artificial boost. It is not worth the rating as 2.0.

Room Tip: Choose in a serene atmosphere. Don't trust the websites or trip advisor rating.
6  Thank Mahesh1968
touristmanali, General Manager at Tourist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Will any sane person believe that we would not have spare bulbs in the hotel and a very difficult customer using very abusive language with our staff, which even our other guests could not stand would make the effort to take out his precious holiday time to go to the market to buy an electric bulb to change in his hotel room. I presume our guest was expecting 5 star services while paying for a budget hotel. We wish that he finds a satisfying hotel in other destinations and luck to to the staff members of any other hotel he stays in .

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here with my family..we booked 2 family rooms. Rooms was not as expected having water leakage in bathroom . Hotel room service is very slow. food is also not so good. Its difficult to locate as no sign boards provided.

2  Thank DeepakHasani
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed there from 19-21st April and it was amazing experience. Hotel staffs are humble, honest and soft spoken and very helpful. Starting from hotel manager Mr. Dharam to our driver Pankaj and room service all are great people.

Hotel is in a great location, isolated from crowd you could enjoy watching Himalaya for hours from your balcony. Walking distance from mall road, johnson lodge, hadimba temple is 2 km from hotel.

overall it was a very nice/enjoyable and relaxed trip and all thanks to hotel management. Wish to visit again.

Room Tip: Go for the independent balcony rooms for amazing views of Himalaya
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ronotosh
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was at Tourist Hotel Manali from 17-19 April 2014. What I was impressed much is the good behaviour of the hotel staff. They were very helpful always with smilng faces. Service was very quick. Room was very neat with good bedding. Toilet was very clean and having hot water always. It addition this hotel is at a suitable location to see the mother nature in full beauty. Very diverse food items available. All are very tasty with reasonable price. The travel desk was very helpful. When I was in need of a medicine early morning, this person arranged to collect the same from a local chemist shop within no time. I have visited so many states but Himachal people are very special to mention particularly their good behaviour and helping nature. I recommend this hotel to all of my friends. At Manali, I experienced bad treatment only from Himachal Touirism Development Corporation Travel Division staff only. They are very rude and arrogant. They even donot care to answer a simple query. Pure Sarkari Babus.

Harikumar.N, Trivandrum

Room Tip: This hotel has only two floors. Take first floor for good view. If with family, take family suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family