“Real Home away for a awesome Stay ...”
Review of Apple Bud Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
Apple Bud Cottages
Ranked #20 of 324 Speciality Lodging in Manali
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Its a awesome place to stay, My vacation was to be a solo and I was their in ABC for a week and I never felt I was lonely and boared. The staffs are very helpful and trust full guys .Has am from Chennai I don't know Hindi and I thought it would be difficult to spend my vacation in manali but the ABC guys was their as my friends and guided me well to explore many places and teach their language (Hindi) it made my lonely vacation in to good happy memorable trip .and also I need to say about their hotel food !! the food was Soooo good :-) . The hotel rooms are neat clean and well maintained ... You get a picturesque view of the snow laden mountains and the soothing sunlight in the morning right from your room .... and the guys who reading this review I sure u can select Abc as your stay point in manali ... best place for couples , family , friends and like me solo guys .... enjoy the trip - Vasanth

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Vasanth12

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have two nights during our ride to leh. Property is based hardly 1 km far from Manali market but worth to stay in it. Beautiful suites for family with unique design. Food quality is good but can prefer outside stuff also. Manager is very much friendly and serve your all needs. Beautiful snowy view from Hotel restaurant while having tea. And best in economic range.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Satyajit_18
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in the hotel for 3 night and 4 days. It was a great stay and they served very good breakfast.
Must take your breakfast here. Staff are also very good. They have open roof where you can enjoy the Himalya viwe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amit K
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A grand resort with all amenities. The staff is very helpful and accomodating.It is right on the cresent bay with wonderfull views across the city from the lobby and front facing rooms
The view from the room was spectacular as was the room itself.
The food ws damn yummy.
This definitely is the place to stay if you want 5 star luxury in quiet serene surroundings.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nivesha_khanna
ABCmanali, Owner at Apple Bud Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Respected guest
Greetings from ABC Manali
Sir, guesst like you are assert to any property and we thank you sir for boosting our morale.
Closing with regards
Team ABC Manali

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It is a wonderful place to stay. The location of the ABC is awesome. You get a picturesque view of the snow laden mountains and the soothing sunlight in the morning right from your room. The rooms were really spacious and clean. They were big enough for a family to stay. The additional dining and living area made us feel even more comfortable. We liked the food very much. The room service was really commendable and the staff was very courteous and polite. A perfect place to make your stay at Manali more pleasant especially if you are visiting with your family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ashishjain16

Respected Guest
Greetings from ABC MANALI
Thanks for sparing your precious time and writing about your feelings abt ABC Manali.
we thank you from core of our heart for letter of appreciation.
Looking forward to serve you again sir.
Closing with regards
Team ABC Manali

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really it is pleasure to stay at ABC , sorry for the late review i stay here in 3rd to 6th december 2013 , reallly enjoyed stay at abc n great hospitalty of Dr. Negi, truly nice person , i will surely suggest everyone to one time experience their hospitality, n enjoy great food also, n ya ramsinh (manager) everytime 24x7 anytime ready to serve you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hitesh R

Respected Guest
Greetings from ABC Manali
Sir thanks for your kind and humble words. Your words boost our morale .
closing with regards
Team ABC MANALI

Reviewed 20 May 2014

After study of reviews on tripadvisor, I had opted for this hotel on my family (sons aged 6 yrs & 4 yrs old) holiday for 14-16 May. I had booked classic room with breakfast for 2 days. As I booked through online travel site, the display photos misguided me with that of luxury cottages. I was extremely disappointed looking at the room, which was just a standard/normal room. I was charged extra of Rs. 1000/- for my 6 yr old child though there was no extra bed given. Yet the location was scenic like many other Manali hotels which rest in the nature's lap. There is no power backup & you ought to wait for hours to resume back for the power. Further, the phone (intercom) doesn't work when there is no power. So you ought to walk all the way to reception to communicate your needs. It was really not comfortable. The room cleanliness was acceptable, though the cover of razai had used marks on it & was stinking. On request the staff replaced it.

The cooking staff was rash! My day got spoiled with the cook abusing me when I asked for my choice of breakfast. In fact, I felt I was cheated by the hotel/booking site as they charged an extra of around Rs.1300/- towards breakfast for 2 days. I booked room INCLUDING BREAKFAST assuming it would be BUFFET breakfast and Rs. 1300/- can be OK though bit high. To my shock, it was fixed breakfast with only two items (paratha, sandwich + tea). No juice, no fruits, nothing else..! When I reported this problem to the MD of hotel, I could not get any convincing answer from him and he said they would charge Rs. 250/- for breakfast per person. As per their hotel menu pricing the items total cost of fixed breakfast was way far from Rs. 250/-. Oops this is exhorbitantly higher price for such breakfast!!!
Unfortunately the visitors get locked up for food as the hotel is located little away from the main road & you out to shell-out Rs.150-200/- if you have to go out for food. However, I thank Mr Negi for offering us cake. On the day of checkout I had dehydradation & requested for 2 hrs of extended checkout, for which hotel Manager didn't accept. We had to checkout despite bad health.

Overall, we felt poor value for money and certainly missed much better hotel options in Manali!

Room Tip: Much better hotels available for the money what you pay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Praveen_Thigulla
ABCmanali, Owner at Apple Bud Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Respected guest
Greetings from ABC Manali
Sir, thank you for sparing your valuable time and writing about your feeling about your stay.
As you said , you booked through the travel agent and he misguided you and showed luxury room pic in stead of classic room pics. Sir, through this platform we request all our guests to pls visit our web site and cheek cottages tab for different cottages for different room categories and facilities provided in room. Sir your room booked was one classic room for Cpl with child one 4 yrs and other 6 yrs and as per hotel policy mentioned at our web site above 5 yrs kids are chargeable so the travel agent had charged you the extra money for b fast , extra mattress was not mentioned in your booking voucher which was with you and u presented at time of check in.
We thank you that you liked scenic beauty from our place.
Sir, its wrong to mention that there is no power back up in budget cottage ( standard / classic room) . Back up is by inverter as clearly mentioned at our web site . Yes some times if long power cut as all know inverter back up goes off and then intercom facility gets interrupted and we do apologise to you for inconvenience. But sir we provide guest's welcome letter with plan he/ she is entitled and it has mobile number of our manager Mr. Ram Singh and mine no. so there was no need to walk down to reception and should have called up on any of these mobile nos.
We are grateful to you that u liked cleanliness. And as you have mentioned, on your demand the quilt was replace as you were not happy with it.
Sir, the main issue arised in morning despite of being told that b fast starts at 7:30 am and on your special request to have b fast early morning as you had to start for Rhotang at 6:30 AM, you included paranthas, veg sandwitches with tea in your b fast menu a night before your departure to Rhotang and suddenly you started asking poha/upma in b fast at 6;15 am in stead of the stuff prepared on your request for you and got angry over the chef and i do admin that he also lost his temperament but don't u think sir , if some one wakes up at 5am specially to prepare b fast for you and gets scolding in return .......
Yes sir you are right in saying that we provide fixed menu in b fast and dinner. Sir as it was cold we do not lay the buffet as food stuff gets cold. .So we provide the things sizzling hot as per order of Clint from fixed menu and there is no restriction. We charge 250/head for b fast and the menu is;---- CORN FLAKES WITH MILK, TOAST WITH PRESERVES, VEG SANDWICH, CHOICE OF TWO FARM FRESH EGGS TO ORDER. Supplemented with PRANTHA WITH CURD, next day puri bhaji/channa bhatura, next day upma/poha. Yes we don't serve cut fruits in b fast as its not possible to include it in b fast cost.
Sir you came to my office in evening and had words with me and i had told you to please look for the menu for guest under planned booking or can contact room service for menu and i came to know about your anniversary and as in hospitality industry it was my duty to wish u.
Sir if you order the things on ala cart basis the costing of b fast goes beyond 250/head.
Sir as clearly mentioned at our web site or some one makes a call to us we clearly tell that we are 1.5 kms short of Manali town on Kanyal road mid of apple orchard .Sir the auto charges Rs 80-100 from market to our place, yes some times they may over charge and some times the auto on returns charges only Rs 50 to market from our place when they are returning back after dropping the clint.
Sir, its a peak season, are we are sold out back to back. The check in time is 12 noon and check out time is 11am.A Clint who has booking and has check in , who is waiting for it how we can not stop him from check ing in on the basis that you had dehydration. Sir no Clint will accept our request and wait another two hours specially when Volvo reaches Manali at 9 am. So we were to helpless too and i do apologise for inconvenience caused to you.
Closing with warm regards