Victory Resorts
LE GRAND(Manali)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$46
Agoda.com
Hotel Snow Park(Manali)(Great Value!)
US$66
Orbitz.com
US$87
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel New Adarsh(Manali)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsnoisy roadspecially manager mrworth watchingproperty liesnice memoryupper floor roomsgreen lawnwater flowingoff seasonjust like homecooperative staffroom servicemain mall roadpeaceful locationexcellent placepleasant stayrooms are big
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I booked from vacation planner and this was good as recommended. Little far from city but has nice view. Good service. Good food but menu options were few. It would be better if they provide us with more menu options. When bored u can just sit out and enjoy the view. A very nice place to visit indeed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have nice view in the front, ask for those rooms. Ask for menu for food after your visit.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SushilSB
Reviewed 16 April 2012

excellent service & very cooperating staff, with good food , althogh we were 24 pax including children. worth to stay. but should have own car coz little far from main city.

Room Tip: rooms on first floor are big with nice view of hills, villa is also fine but little lack of space in rooms..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Achmancafe
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked a 3 night 4 day holiday at Victory Resort. I stayed in the resort for just 3 hours and shifted to another resort. So my review is based on my 3 hour stay in the resort and mostly full of bad experiences which forced me to shift.

Bad Points:
- The room we were allocated was untidy (dirty pillow covers, stained wooden floors, ghastly curtains, spider webbed decorated toilets).
- We arrived after a 14 hour bus journey and there was no hot water for a shower. The room service could not get the hot water started in the room we were allocated and in other alternative rooms we were showed. They kept trying for 3 hours and gave up.
- The room was damp but they would provide heaters on rent (Rs 400 a day). We were not informed of this hidden cost at the time of booking the room.
- We hoped to have breakfast. The options were chole & puri, paratha & dahi, egg omelette & bread toast which was to be served in the restaurant. The room service said in Hindi (dahi tho jamaya nahi, chole tho bhigaya nahi, restaurant to sajaya nahi).
- Overall the resort (not sure they know what resort means) is located in an area far from the main city. There are plenty of resorts in the vicinity which means there is nothing in walking distance from the resort worth going to.
- There is some construction going on in the resort, so another reason to avoid opting for Victory.
- Also, beware of drivers who show you around Manali. These drivers are not employed by the resort but work for HPTDC. This means the driver you are allocated can be useless and you cannot do anything about it. In our case, the driver we were allocated was hopeless.

Good Points:
- Mr Prem a member of staff at reception was very helpful. He tried his best to ensure us that our experience would improve, but it was too little too late.

Room Tip: Only opt for this place if you plan to travel in a group (Kesari, Thomas Cook, etc)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mumbai_3939
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was a bit tentative to begin with for Victory Resorts, as it is about 3 kms from Mall Road. But that actually turned out to be a boon. This hotel is on the Kanyal Rd in Shimsa suburb of Manali and autos frequently ply from outside the hotel. Like Mr Shreekumar has reviewed the autos charge about 50-70 per trip. Its located at an elevation and gives the most awesome view of the Dhauladhars right from your room. In the front there is a nice lawn / garden with the biggest roses that I have ever seen and the fragrance is divine. 2 swings, give you a rocking view in total peace and serenity. The food is very good and service standard is above par, especially one Mr Bhupinder. We went for a walk , went about 1 km to the South of the hotel and saw a real beautiful waterfall. You can even climb down about 1km and see the Beas flow by. There is absolute peace in this hotel and we had no complaints whatsoever. We checked in at 6 AM and even then were not charged anything extra.
A few points about Manali : On the Mall Rd theres a beautiful pine tree garden, worth paying a visit. The local tours especially the one to the various temples donot make much of an interesting visit. If you plan to visit Snow point start off at about 6 AM or earlier, as later on the traffic is jammed and you have to climb about 1 km on the steep mountains (very exhausting at 10000 feet amsl) Make sure to rent the snow jacket, shoes and gloves on the way up, trust me its very windy up there and you can have a frost bite. Also carry a good pair of sunglasses to Snowpoint as the snow reflects a lot of light.
HPTDC has good Volvo buses to various destinations from Manali, ask directly at the HPTDC bus stand on Mall rd, the tour agents donot tell you the complete story. We took a private bus to Shimla which travelled in the daytime, it was a very tiring trvavel as the bus halted every few kms for local passengers. Most of the shawls are poor quality ones, buy only from the state govt shops / exhibitions.
Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Happyvacation1303
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Having done a lot of research in almost all of the travel websites before planning the trip and having stayed in Manali for 4 days and having restricted my loitering to places in and around Manali town for 3 of those four days, I can assure anyone that you would not get a better place than victory for a pleasant stay.
And I am more than happy for my decision after having seen the plight of some of those crammed places which had looked great in the pictures they had posted in the internet.
The resort was not listed in trip adviser and was referred to me by a friend. Initially, I was pretty much apprehensive, but 4 days in victory really was the best holiday I have ever had.
The resort is located in Simsa, which is about 3-4 kms from the mall and main bus stand. Though the location may seem slightly away from the mall, I would rather recommend you to choose something away from the mall as during the peak season, the mall and the surroundings will become as crowded with both vehicles and people as anything and that will surely ruin your trip. An auto rickshaw from the mall to the resort will cost you between 40-50 during the day and about 50-70 in the night (one way).
The resort has adequate parking space (I have seen 6 Volvo buses and 5 cars parked at one time). The surroundings are quiet and unlike other hotels, there is no deficiency of space in victory.
The rooms are excellent and clean. I am a born cynic and despite best efforts, I could not find any deficiency in housekeeping or other services.
They have an awesome menu and despite having tried almost everything in it in the three days, nothing gave me a cause for disappointment. The food and service was fantastic.
The entire staff is very helpful and courteous, especially Mr. Prem in the reception. Mr. Vijay, the owner himself was always there to assist us, taking time from his office hours.
The view from the room is breathtaking with the snow clad mountains and the valley. At night, it gets more unreal with the lights from the buildings in the valley extending to the ones in the mountains and finally ending at the sky with the stars. We had full windows on two sides and one small balcony.
The room and the food expenses are just reasonable and i was in fact able to restrict the expenses way below my estimate.
I would, without slightest hesitation recommend the resort to anyone who likes to have a serene and calm holiday in Manali.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple