“The very best atmosphered cafe in Manali”
Review of Cafe 1947

Cafe 1947
Ranked #5 of 148 Restaurants in Manali
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe 1947 welcomes you to the surreal Himalayas. The name of the cafe symbolizes freedom, as India got independence in 1947. We believe food and music are the gateways to the road of enlightening ourselves.That is why we endeavor to flavor you with the best of it.We provide the most exquisite Italian dishes prepared with ethnic Italian cheese and spices.Music nights are also routine.Live music is performed by professional musicians along the river.There are also live jam sessions from time to time with visitors from around the world joining in.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Walked down the street when heard guitar playing through the door. Came in and plunged into atmosphere of friendship and brotherhood. They cook perfect Italian food, especially pizza! Must visit for everyone!

3  Thank AndrewLevitin

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I dropped by Cafe 1947 just coz of the live music thing which was displayed at the door. I was with my childhood buddy and we were basically looking for a place to chill and converse over a few beers. The interior is quintessential himalyan wooden lodge kinds which gives a warm nostalgic ol' school feel. The view is such that u always see the river flowin by from the window as if its trying to crash the jammin sessions. The live music played was a mix of English and Hindi which impressed me a lot. At Rs 160 a beer its almost a relief from insanely priced bars in Delhi. We ordered a pizza which wasn't something exceptional but was decent. Then again, I am just back from Rome so my bars are set high to be fair. Pizza was thin crust and well made. Id definitely recommend this place.
TLDR
Atmosphere makes it worth a visit. I couldnt stop myself from grabbin the guitar and talkin on the mike. They were happy to let me to do it. (Nobody died some even clapped)

1  Thank Kunal M
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We orderes. the Trout and a Nonveg Burger. trout was ok which ic suposed to be a speciality but the Burger was just awesome. a little Tobasco and Ketchup did the trick to an already amazing burger.

3  Thank karan816
Reviewed 22 July 2014

if u are in manali then do visit this place ...one of the best not only in food but place where u can hangout & spend some quality time too...i had lot off fun ...and when live music started i could not stop myself from humming the songs.. great place to visit..
"A HOME AWAY FROM HOME"

2  Thank AMIT0872
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ate at couple of places in Old Manali but riverside cafe has to be one of the places if you're in mood of some italian indulgence especially Pizzas or mains. Also, has a good spread in breakfast.

Manager is a bit of heavy/ death metal fan and don't be surprised if you suddenly start hearing this music when your enjoying a nice meal.

3  Thank Moiz_Firoz