“No place like orchard house.”
Review of Orchards House

Orchards House
Ranked #17 of 283 Manali B&B and Inns
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“No place like orchard house.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a gem of a place to stay. Feels like you are at home. The beauty of this place is that you are away from the hustle and bustle with beautiful views of the mountains and orchards. Definitely worth every ruppee!

Thank you Gudu and family.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank PaulandRose2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We are a family of 4 two adults and 2 kids. We stayed almost a month off and on and Godo and his wife Soshima gave us the feeling we are at home. The rooms are large and clean . Very clean. And the hot shawer is something we dream on when we go to other places. They also make very good food that you will like for sure. I will go back here once I am back in manali. It is like a family.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ilantv
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I can not even name it guest house beacause it is much more. This is the place you want be after long yourney or hard trek. Friendly family atmospher, beautiful large rooms (very clean), beautiful view and garden. You can sit on terasse and make your mind calm and quite while drinking the best masala tea. I want to give special thanks to Gudu and his wife (the homesters) who took the best care of us and help us a lot.

Kristina and Karol

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristina328
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This Orchard House is located in old town Manali.The environment here is serene and has fresh air to breath.The weather during my visit here in mid-August was intermittent rain with sunshine in the afternoon and is unpredictable.The House is located in the midst of apple orchards and flower gardens.There is a small restaurant in the premises where the wife of the owner cooks homecook food as per your request.The owner is a nice person who helps you in whatever your needs are.The only small problem is to get to the House at night using small pathways.My memory was bad at that time, I got lost and went in circles,luckily, I called up the owner and he came and guided me to the House.The rooms are large with hot water 24 hrs and TV too for a tariff of INR 800,worth it. You will love to stay here if you need peace of mind.

Room Tip: Choose the room ( 2nd floor ) which has a private balcony at the back overlooking the mountains and...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dpmurthy
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Large spotlessly clean rooms picturesquely set in an apple orchard behind some ancient houses in Old Manali. A little off the way perhaps but definitely worth the 5 minute walk off the main road. However, the food is a little pricey i.e. roast potato with cheese was deep fried with a hint of grated cheese and charged 200 R. The host is very pleasant but something went haywire with our bus arrangements and our layback seats were bolt upright and the taxi to take us to the bus depot never eventuated.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view and the bigger the room. There is however a mobile phone tow...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Katherine S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 July 2013

By chance Gudu collected us from the coach when we arrived in new Manali and took us up to his beautiful guesthouse in Old Manali, I was unsure at first as I this was only the second place we stayed in India, but I was so glad we stayed. Guddu and his family, really make you feel at home, plus the homemade apple juice from the trees that grow in the orchard is delicious, the rooms were clean, the surroundings are idealic and communal areas are peaceful and lovely. I recommended it to my friend who was just travelling through India and she also had a wonderful time... make sure you try it!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ori S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

First of all Guddu, the owner, made my visit. He is an honest and peaceful local gentleman. I meet him at the bus station. Normally, I avoid people promoting hotels when you get off the bus but his demeanor was calm like that of the Nepali/Himalayan population.

The hotel is a few minute walk down a path off the main old Manali road. Although it is not street front, the walk is always enjoyable through the orchard with views of yaks, traditional homes and people, all of whom are welcoming.

The hotel itself offers great views and rooms for every budget. I stayed in the 2br apt up top. It was immaculately clean and peaceful. It smelled of fresh pine too.

All and all, I had a great time. It's a great place to destress from Delhi or unwind after a long bus ride.

• Stayed July 2013