“Best of The Class Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Manali Lodge

The Manali Lodge
Ranked #12 of 251 Speciality Lodging in Manali
Pune
“Best of The Class Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

A very small hotel, but very nicely designed large rooms, with excellent service. This hotel doesnt have plenty of rooms, just a limited set or rooms. But provides all amenities that it can provide in Manali.

The best part is the views. All the rooms offer excellent views of snow peaks and the city down below. The hotel is nice, neat and super clean. The staff is also courteous so the owner. They are quite helpful. The small apple orchard garden in front of the hotel is nice and adds to the beauty of the views.

They offer veg/ non-veg in room service. All food quality was excellent. Go out in the garden for the food if you can and if weather allows.

If you just have to find negatives, the approach road isnt too great and you have to ask couple places.

Room Tip: Any room is as good as the other.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I want to spend some quality time with my wife where a get some peace in manali. While searching online ,my wife suggest me this hotel and after seeing good review of manali lodge I decided to stay there. I called the owner Ravi Thakur on his mobile to book room and by just talking I realize he is very polite and nice person.

When we reach at manali bus stand , taxi was already there for pick up. When we reach hotel I got very happy for my decision to stay there. View you see out from the hotel is awesome. Montains covered with snow. I got a warm welcome by manager(I forgot the name). The room is ready but when I asked him to show other rooms so that I can select the best room. He readily agree and showed me couple of rooms but I didn't find much difference in any of the room so I stay in the room same room.(I visit there in off season so most of the hotel is empty).

I order TEA , It was one of the best tea of my life(I am very fond of TEA). And believe me they serve one of the best food of manali , They cook fresh food so you should have some Patient or have to order in advance so that you got it on time. You can ask for food that you want to eat even out of menu , the only thing is you have to tell them in well advance. I would like to thanks the chef for nice and tasty food.

They arrange cab for sight seeing.(At manali mall road's taxi stand there is a board showing rates for different activities you can do at snow points, Please read it otherwise they shopkeeper's will cheat you)

Hotel is new and well managed , every bathroom has geyser . Staff is well mannered and very helpful. I was there in off season but they gave me five star service. Mr. Ravi , his manager and other staff members all are nice and polite.

The only cons of this hotel is ,it is far from mall road or city. But I don't think people come manali for shopping so it doesn't matter how far your hotel is from the city. If you come here in search of peace then this is a perfect budget hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are on front side and have same view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

After thorough research and hours and head-scratching searches on numerous travel websites, I stumbled upon a link suggested my wife for "The Manali Lodge." Hands-down one of the best decisions I took last year. :)

Originally booked it for 3 nights but ended up staying for 2 extra nights only because the view and the services were spectacular. Peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of the regular places. Though Hidimba Temple and the Mall road are at a walking distance of just 10 minutes which again is a bliss while you are walking through tall eucalyptus trees and parks. (Could not help but stand and click a few pictures there)

The rooms are big and spacious, while the washrooms have personal water geysers and are clean.

The quality of the food is above average and what I truly admired was that the chef prepared food out of the regular menu as well when asked for without any hiccups or tantrums.

The staff was exceptionally prompt and super friendly. The owner Ravi Thakur is probably one of the finest and the most friendly people I have ever met. He will be courteous enough to meet any reasonable requests you might have during the stay.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the first floor for a better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went in oktober 2013 to India with my friends. We wanted to go to a nice place, so we went to Manali. Since our budget was not so high, we started to look for a clean hotel with a nice view. That is when we saw The Manali Lodge. The hotel has a great view from the room and it is very clean. The food was really tasty and the service was good. They helped us with shopping and sight-seeing. They also arranged a trekking trip, and we also went to Leh. Overal The Manali Lodge is a great hotel, with nice staffs. I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very nice place if you like to stay away from the crowded areas , in a peaceful , calm and serene environment.

The owner Ravi ji is a fantastic person to talk to and is himself a nature loving and adventurous person.The staff overall is very friendly and takes care of his guests very well.

The rooms at the first floor offer and amazing view from the balcony and huge room glass windows especially the snow clad mountains view and also when it is snowing.The food is good , special thanks to chef for preparing delicacies as per the tastes of the guests. Try the trout fish that is a local delicacy and they also serve it in the hotel , its nice !

Only thing is the rooms get quite cold in chilling winters when even room heaters become helpless. So if they can do something about it then it will just be super comfortable in winters as well. Hotel provides transportation at reasonable charges in case on wishes to got market , local sight seeing or any nearby places /trips. Also , if they can increase the staff in future then the occasional lapses in services can also be avoided thereby giving a fantastic experience to the guests and I am sure its just because its a new property and with time they will improve.

Overall its a nice option to stay in manali in case you wish to stay away from crowd and want scenic views of mountains from your room.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the first floor , right hand side when you are facing the hotel from front. Inform t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Siliguri, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I went there following advice from the dozens of reviews on TripAdvisor and it is without question the most underrated property in Manali. The owner Ravi is the most friendly, joyful and genuine person you'll ever meet. He was always there with a smile on his face and witty wisecracks, trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff is also excellent—specially Thakur, the guy who does all the legwork behind making the hotel what it is. Tip him well.

During our three-day stay, we went paragliding and skiing on the snow-capped slopes of Solang Valley, had a wonderful Christmas evening hanging around a bonfire with two musically talented friends of Ravi and rappelling down the steep mountain cliffs of Manali. We were charged a fair price for everything and at no point did anyone at the lodge try to gouge us on anything. Ravi's advice and recommendations were also very helpful.

The rappelling sessions were particularly amazing. We went hiking up a rocky mountainside, ending up overlooking the face of a steep cliff. We were hooked up to harnesses and had to rappel our way down. A couple of us who were up for the challenge were then taken up to an even higher cliff, clambering up a treacherous and slippery path, but the view from there and the experience of coming down from the even higher rock was unparalleled. It was a stimulating day and the highlight of the whole trip.

Miscellaneous notes would include a mention of Jimmy and Rocky, the happiest dogs you'll ever meet. The quiet bonfire on Christmas Day we spent listening to the lovely songs sung by Ravi's friends. The amazing view from the lodge's balconies and the soft snow on the garden. The good, though by no means excellent, food served by the cook. The rooms and toilets are well equipped, though a bit too frigid during the winters. The showers in the bathroom don't work, so you'll have to make do with the spout.

Overall, however, we could not have asked for a better place to stay while in Manali and better people to be with. Five stars all the way!

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms on the first floor. They have attached balconies and the view from there in...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Superb Superb peaceful neatful experience, my next stays in Manali ever after are going to be here only. Breakfast Prantha's are good, basic chinese preparations are mouth watering and Indian dinner is good too.....you'll never feel cheated, that's MY guarantee (I don't know why I wrote MY, but that's the feeling am getting at the moment while writing this reveiw). Enjoy and do whatever you want to do.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manali
The Himalayan
#9 of 118 in Manali
Johnson Lodge
Johnson Lodge
#3 of 118 in Manali

Been to The Manali Lodge? Share your experiences!