“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
Sojourn Homes & Cottages
Ranked #26 of 329 Speciality Lodging in Manali
Reviewed 29 September 2013

paradise in manali. it is the place where u enjoy superb hospitality and great ambience along with breathtaking view from the lawns of the cottages. the beauty surpasses all boundaries in the month of sept and oct with lots of colourful flowers and fruit laden trees.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Sojourn Homes & Cottages really made my vacation a blessed on. Me and my family enjoyed each and every moment staying there. Well furnished, great hospitality and nature all around you; what more can we ask for. Really had a good time. Hope to visit soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed along with 23 other family and friend members.Its location is excellent ,far away from noise of traffic and city.It offer nice environment for walk.The cottage provide almost round the clock cook and helper,who make make according to our choice and offer good quality.The staff is extremely cooperative and always eager to help.The staff take care of all travelling needs.The absence of Genset makes it difficult if lights goes off. They offer one night bar be cue in the backyard lawn of cottage.We used to have 100% fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family visited Sojourn Homes & Cottages in Manali during 2nd week of June 2013. We were a group of 12 people which included my parents aged 60+ and our kids in age group of 4 - 8 years. I found this property on Google and based on reviews and photographs went ahead and booked it for our holiday. Now the detailed review:

The (very)Good: Sojourn Cottages is a beautiful place located in a calm serene environment in Kanyal Hills which is 4 kms from main Manali town. It is an apt place for people who prefer to stay away from hustle & bustle of the mall road and enjoy some quiet time with self and family. The property itself is beautiful and extremely well maintained, barring a few hiccups here & there. We stayed in Cottage #1 and I must say it is just a splendid cottage with beautifully done up interiors and exteriors as well. Manicured front and back lawns complete with swings, hammocks and outdoor seating all make it resplendent. We loved the bonfire & barbecue night that was organised for us. Loved the barbecued trout fish served that night! Don't miss the Trout fish when in Manali, absolutely amazing. Food was amazing, freshly cooked in the kitchenette inside the cottage and suited the elderly as well as the kids. Special word of mention for Jagdish, our help in the cottage (Jags, as everyone called him) He was extremely helpful and courteous and was a great cook! Shere Punjab dinner meal failed totally in front of his cooking! not kidding! Wi fi was up & running all the time, in spite of incessant rains and with good speed. We couldnt go out much due to rains but the cottage itself was so wonderful, we never missed being in tourist places. You would love going for long walks here. Dont miss the Tree House at Sojourn, the view from there is heaven on earth! I personally loved the sound and view of Beas river from the cottage! Fruit trees including plum & apple outside the cottage were abundant. Infact the entire uphill stretch is covered by apple trees.

The bad: The cleanliness was in issue here for sure. One day when we couldnt go out due to rains, the cottage was not cleaned till late evening. We had to go after the people there to have it mopped and cleaned. The wooden roof had numerous cobwebs. I understand that due to its height it could be difficult but still it must be cleaned. Kitchen was not cleaned properly. Microwave didnt function during our stay but that never bothered us. The complimentary two glasses of milk in each rooms included in our package was never offered to us.The manager there Mr. Thakur was one confused person, though he tried to be helpful. He told me, if it had not been served, we should have asked for it! I mean, seriously!! whatever!

The ugly: The front and back lawns advertised for the cottage are actually common ways for all residents to reach the tree house & games room. Though not many people came that way, yet it was not very comfortable.I had to complain to the management about this man who chose to walk the lawns in just his vest and pajamas with his undies showing! that grossed and angered me badly. There were wild spiders and insects of all sorts there never seen before by us ! my husband and brother in law killed 4 wild spiders that looked like baby tarantulas! the sight was ugly indeed. We feared if they would crawl in our shoes or luggage! that was gross!I went to the library one day and with books that I picked out came weird insects. Not maintained and cleaned at all. Anyway, with so much greenery and rains insects may be expected.

A word of caution: The property is located 4 kms from manali. It is an uphill road, quite narrow and steep and not so smooth a drive. One has to drive at least 10 - 15 min on this uphill stretch to reach the cottages. Dont feel lost on this road, Sojourn will eventually come! it happened with us. My parents felt harrowed by the time they reached Sojourn. If you are travelling with people who are wary of heights and narrow uphill climb, think again about this property. But if you love hilly adventurous roads, Sojourn is for you! Me and my husband totally loved it!

Final Word: The good things about Sojourn outweigh the bad and ugly factors. Thank you Mr. Sarbajeet Singh (owner) for all your help and support. We appreciate you specially for sending us our Holy Bible promptly which we left at Sojourn on our way back to Delhi! If I were to go to Manali again, Sojourn will probably be my repeat choice!!

Best Wishes

Ekta Lall
New Delhi

Room Tip: Cottage # 1 is beautiful overall with lawns and stuff, though one has to take stairs to come uphill...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I found the website www.sojourn72.com on google, checked out the pics and booked the three night package. The place is very well maintained and has a splendid view.

Booked cottage 3, The whole place has a homely feel. Food was awesome, and the best part was that everybody ordered food of there own choice .

The place turned out much better than it looked on the website.

We had a great time. Thanks a lot Mrs and Mr Singh !

Room Tip: all the rooms are best and well maintained... but choose cottages if you are traveling with family.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pakakk78
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had initially booked for a four nights stay in the boutique cottage, but after seeing the rooms we cut short our trip to two nights and one day. The rooms have a stuffy smell and they are not maintained properly. The living room of the cottage is just crowded with too many stuffs. On a positive note the view from the lawn was breathtaking and the food is also very good. Considering that they have a very good location it would be better If they kept the place more clean and tidy .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blessyjo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were referred to Sojourn by on of our colleague, since this was our first trip to manali and was an official team outing...we were really skeptical how the place would turn out to be. Though the cottages are off the main manali ..but trust me you will simply fall in love with the view from your cottage / apartment. The service provided were simply excellent, all the staff ensured we are comfortable.The food was amazing. They arranged for a bar b que for us and it was really awesome... Complete peace of mind and happy with the cottages!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends