“You people Deserve a Great Great Great Honeymoon!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
Sojourn Homes & Cottages
Ranked #26 of 313 Speciality Lodging in Manali
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Me and my husband hail from Chennai. We'd never been to any freezing place, specially during winters. I was very reluctant to travel all the way to Manali whilst planning our honeymoon. I tried my best to convince my husband for Goa. But, he promised that me for next trip.

So we googled few hotels in manali. visited Trip advisor and read reviews on few hotels and we shortlisted a hotel which was 10 mins away from Manali Mall road.

I was on a call to my brother who had recently been to Manali. So, I had a chance to cross check his level of satisfaction, experience and expense traveling all the way to Manali and get some ideas on the hotels. In addition, I informed him about the hotel we have shortlisted. I really cant recollect the name now. However, he said one thing to me: "Trust me! forget all the hotels, I have a better suggestion for your honeymoon."

So he asked me to go on a website: www.sojourn72.com (which I could not pronounce at first :p)
Any way, after visiting their website, I was really not sure if this place really exists. My husband, Sanket called up my brother to get a better idea on Sojourn and he had a list of suggestions. He simply asked us to call Sarbjeet, the owner of Sojourn and refer my brother's name. Which we did.

Finally, we booked a complete cottage to ourselves. Although it's meant for a family of two. But, we thought of an extravagant Honeymoon that actually fits in our budget.

We flew from Chennai to Chandigarh and Sarbjeet had arranged a pick up service (A cab - Innova) from Chandigarh airport to Manali and advised us to keep our warm clothes handy whilst travelling.

On our arrival, we were so delighted to be welcomed by the staff with cakes, snacks, hot chocolate what not. We had a quick induction on the where-about of the premises and other important information.

It seriously made us laugh thinking about the hotel we were about to book for our honeymoon back in Chennai. But, God helped us. aahh! what a place Sojourn is.

The coziness, the nature, friendly staff, and so many unexpected facilities. It was a dream Honeymoon. The following day, we met Mr. Sarbjeet, the owner of Sojourn Cottages. As we planned to stay there for 5 days. He created an itinerary there and then for us, that covered every tourist attraction, Free dinner at Sher-e-Punjab Restaurant, Bonfire with snacks, Picnic for two of us in the woods.

We were so excited and it actually sounded too good to be true. Guys, if you are going to get married and planning your honeymoon up north, then Sojourn Homes and Cottages is the only place that would count as a lifetime experience.

We had so much fun and so many memories attached to Sojourn Cottages. I could not thank the owner and staff at Sojourn more. But, I took time out to write a small review on trip advisor. They highly deserve it and you people deserve a Great Great Great Honeymoon!

Lots of love from:
Seeta & Sanket :D

Room Tip: Sojourn Cottages are extravagant. Book any of their cottages. I bet you'll love it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seeta_Tripathi
There are newer reviews for Sojourn Homes & Cottages

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While writing this review I am actually in sojourn cottages. It's the best place one can find in manali.i have worked in worlds best hotels in london but belive me If any of that hotels will be available in manali still my preference is sojourn cottages. Owner Sarabjeetji's nature is very friendly and he is also very helpful. I found my home in Manali. It feels like you have your villa and staying in. Location is amazing, can't get it anywhere else.early morning view of manali laid in dew from any room any balcony or any terrace is extraordinary.

At last thanks a lot to Mr. Sarabjeetji for your hospitality and wellness towards us.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Abhijeetsinh88
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have been to Manali on a vacation along with my family. We booked Sojourn Cottage on phone for 2 full weeks in advance.

What could I say? Is it rightful to describe mother nature? Well, I beg everybody's pardon but, here it goes...

Sojourn is 5 Kms away from the town centre beautifully built property with lively interiors and warm welcoming staff.

We were welcomed with fresh fruit, home-made cake (made by the owner Sarbjeet's wife: Ritu Ji), fresh juice and mineral water. We fell in love with their welcome style. Amazing!

After unpacking a bit of stuff and refreshing ourselves, we explored their property and the word is "EXTRAVAGANT". The feeling you get cannot be described through words. YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF!!!

They have the following:
Landscapes,
Panoramic views from the hilltop
Massive Windows for natural light and view
Kitchen garden (Organic vegetables grown in-house)
Exotic Fruit Orchards including apple, cherry, big plums, kiwi trees and what not.
24 x 7 staff to assist you with anything you need

Earlier we had booked a cab and planned the whole trip for the family of 8. But, Mr. Sarbjeet had far more better ideas he had planned for us. So we took his advise on-board and followed his plan. We could not have experienced and explored Manali the way it was planned. Again, 5 Stars for that. Some hidden spots which you have never heard of. Picnic spots where no tourist is found. It's just your family. Plus its safe and complete bliss.

We had a real bon-fire night which we only saw in movies. The entertainment that night was GRAND. Too many snacks, bar-be-que, beverages, music, family members, cool breezy evening. What else could one ask for?

Talking about Privacy: As it is located on a hill-top, we have never seen any local passing through the premises. It's all been fenced properly and each property is kept private.

Interiors:
Beautiful cozy interiors. Living room is surprisingly large with high ceilings. Sitting Room is one place we would chill before going to bed.

Exteriors:
Beautiful Landscapes, orchards, Lawns.
Treehouse, library.
Games Room: Table Soccer, Table tennis, board games.
They have almost everything
Common court for Badminton & Basket ball .

We walked up to a village nearby. It was beautiful, scenic and way too different. We loved every element of it. Cows with their calves, people, hay kept under sun, stone slate roofs and cool Sunshine in the pure blue sky.

We encountered mother nature for the first time. You gotta experience it.

Food:
As Sarbjeet's family belongs to Food and Hospitality profession since early 1970's. They have the best in town. By the Way, speaking of food, they are the owners of Sher-E-Punjab Restaurant in Manali where we had a dinner. They have a beautiful story how they started in early 1970s. You must

Staff:
A top notch staff for Cooking and House Keeping.

Sojourn is on my permanent list for every time I plan to visit Manali. Experience it yourself. Sojourn does not need description to exhibit the surrounding nature and lovely experiences that add to your holidays.

Thank you Sarabjeet Ji and Ritu Ji. We wish Good health and a long life to you and your helpful staff.

KP

Room Tip: ***Do not plan out your local sight-seeing without discussing with the owner, Mr. Sarbjeet Singh.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We went as a group to Sojourn and booked a full Cottage. It was suggested to us by some friends who stayed there some time earlier.

Our experience there was great. Breathtaking views of Hills, good food, homely environment. It can't be better than this for a family outing.

10 out of 10 to Sojourn Cottages, Manali :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at Sojourn for 5 days and did not feel like leaving even then. The Hospitality and service was sooooo heart warming that any other hotel/resort falls far behind. The domestic help is very genuine and reliable.

The location is apt for staying inside Manali yet away from the Hustle Bustle of the main town. The mere height of the cottages gives the panoramic view of the mountains & pictures of infinite natural beauty that I did not feel like moving out of the cottage. The view from the cottages are breath taking. The best way to enjoy the wide range of cottages is with whole family. Each cottage is an Art piece and maintained with heart & soul.

The food cooked in the in-house kitchen is at order and scrumptious. And anything can be ordered from the market including Cakes, Cookies etc.

A visit to Sojourn is must...

Room Tip: Cottages are of different sizes and views... The biggest cottage is at the top and smaller ones goes...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A perfect place for honeymoon couples. We were surprised by their beautiful property, great service, best food and most importantly the view and privacy.

A must visit place for newly weds!

Mitesh Gandhi

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed in sojourn cottage, Manali for 2 days and 3 nights. Id have to say I was a little skeptical after booking it online. We wanted a really really special place and as the plan was a little spontaneous , I was not getting bookings in any other more known places and its photographs didn't look nice enough for me. I found this jewel of a place by sheer destiny. After reaching sojourn , all my doubt and dread vanished. The best possible way to compliment this place would not be " 5 star luxury in the mountains" ..It'd be better to say " Its your dream home in the high mountains which you always fantasized about! " and believe me they'll never let you feel you're in a hotel being served as you pay..the hospitality of this place is not about a uniform and elegance and formality..you will never come to know the owner from the helpers..Thats how modest every body running this place is. They are serving guests as a family together..no waiters no butlers .. whoever is closest will pronptly come and serve you.
Thats why i say its like a "home" . They'll feed you as many times you want..there are no menus..just think of anything and tell them ..they'll make sure you have it..and IT WILL BE GOOD :) no charges for it either. Your lodging and eating are taken care of in your package, you never need to think of your budget once you're here. Just reach here and feel like a prince :D
I should not tell how much discounts we got in our package, because its Mr. Sarabjeet's(owner) good sense to determine that. Just that we never asked for any and we got it..and trust me I would not have thought of asking that kind of discount , we were pleased beyond expectations.

P.S. We went in August-Mid. The staff made sure to pack us a LOT of fresh green apples plucked from orchards surrounding this place * beautiful scenery* and that too at 5 AM in the morning(we had to leave for delhi early morning) without us ever asking for it. Nothing more needs to be said. Whenever Im going to Manali , I wouldn't consider staying in the best of luxury resorts as I found a home there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manali
Banon Resorts Manali
#54 of 313 in Manali
Treetops Cottage
Treetops Cottage
#1 of 8 in Naggar

Been to Sojourn Homes & Cottages? Share your experiences!