All reviewsmaharaja roommagic showtable tennisvalue for moneyindoor gamesroom servicebreakfast and dinnercandle light dinnerfood qualitypacked breakfastplace to stayan excellent hotellog huts areaexcellent stayexcellent viewin housenice experience
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had booked this hotel for my honey moon & had stayed there for 3 N 4 D with the package offered by them.I had booked their Maharaja Room. It was a great experience to have stayed there. The view from the hotel room was breath taking i had stayed in Room 463 which is in their fourth floor.It over looks the mountains and offers a great view.Will be uploading a few pics of the same.Rooms were neat and clean.Every day though i left from the hotel for sight seeing at different timings, every time i returned they took care to clean the room and keep it sparkling clean.The service and hospitality offered by them was just great.Since i was on a package there were lot of thing offered by them as a part of the package & there wasn't any need for me to remind them about something being left out.Every thing was taken care of perfectly.Nothing was missed out from the package.On one night me and my wife were quiet tired and slept at about 8 in the night.Our plan was to get up by nine and go for dinner but we over slept and by ten we received a call from the reception asking us to go for dinner as we hadn't had it till then.I was really moved by this small gesture and the level of care they showed to us.Hats off to snow valley. I would also share with you the cons here though they may not be directly related to the hotel.

Problem 1:
I had taken a flight till Delhi and from there took the bus arranged by the hotel (Swagatam Travels) to Manali. The people on board the bus were very rude.After having charged a large sum of money for the bus ticket they asked us to give ten rs for keeping our luggage inside the bus.Which sounded kind of foolish and stupid.It's not the question of paying ten Rs but the doubt as to why should i? Over this the driver over filled the bus getting money from some guys in Chandigarh and made them sleep in the alleyway of the bus.These guys were drunk.My wife was covering a blanket in her legs and one of this guy who was sleeping in the alleyway just pulled the blanket from her, covered himself and slept. More over the bus which was supposed to reach at 8.00 Am in the morning to Manali reached at 1 P.M.There were LCD screens on every individual seat which the cleaner of the bus switched on and off at his will every now and then he used to switch it off and when requested to switch on he gave a rude face telling no i can't.Having said this, i took the bus of the same travels for the return journey from Manali to Delhi and was shocked.People on board this return bus were so friendly and were so happy to just help and reply to what ever doubt we had.

Problem 2:
The hotel had arranged a taxi for us.The driver name was Manu. This driver was one useless piece of junk.He had no respect for the work he was doing.Right from day one he was just fooling us around, not even taking us to the places tat were there in our package.First day he dropped us from the bus stand to the hotel and in the afternoon he was to take us for local sightseeing according to the itinerary offered to us.Since we had a long journey we were taking rest waiting for this driver.At about 3 pm we got a very short un-noticeable missed call it was say for less than a second.Thinking that it was some customer care number i didn't pay heed to it.But the driver left the hotel informing the reception that we weren't attending the call.The very next day we left for rohtang pass at 3 in the morning.He took us up hill for some distance after which it started raining.Though a number of vehicles were waiting for the rain to stop he started scaring us by saying if landslide occurs you will be stranded and after some time he told us tat one of his fellow drivers told him that a land slide has occurred and that we cant go up.After having come to our room and after having spoken to other people in our hotel we came to know it was a lie.On the way back from rohtang pass as per the itinerary we were supposed to see solang valley.He never took us there also and told us "Solang Valley is closed opens only at ten " it was nine in the morning.But then whose mistake was it? It was he scared the hell out of us that we accepted not to go to rohtang pass and return back.Was it our mistake that we reached solang valley early? He never accepted when we told him we will wait until ten.For this he told he hasn't slept properly the night before and can't wait.After this he took us back to the hotel and promised to be back by five in the evening for local sight seeing which he missed the day before but as usual he never turned up. My wife after having spoken to fellow people staying in the hotel was very upset because every one started explaining the adventures they had in rohtang, solang valley,local places they visited while we were left stranded by this driver.I had to keep consoling her to make things better.Hope people at the resort have time to go through this review and take necessary action.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fayaz A
Snow Valley R, Director of Sales at Snow Valley Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest ,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to recommend us on tripadvisor and we are delighted that your stay with us was very comfortable and you rate our services among the top notch.

We are happy to see that you liked the scenic location of the hotel and our beautiful terraces .
We also thank you for recognizing our team members for all their efforts. I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you in delhi manali volvo and taxi service . Rs 10/- is the luggage keeping charges charged by all bus staff and we have strongly asked the swagatam management not to charge same from our guests . Strict action has been taken against taxi driver and he has been suspended permanently .

We thank you once again for your compliments on our hotel and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Best Regards,

Vimpy Bakshi
Director
Snow Valley Resorts
Log Hut Area, Manali

Reviewed 21 June 2014

snow valley resorts situated in log hut area is really qualitative.... good view from the room we stayed,nice and tasty food,good consolation from the reception team and staff...and last but not the least the healthy environment of snow valley......

Room Tip: corner suites are large and view point is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor and sharing your compliments on our services, team, product , food and overall environment on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Vimpy Bakshi
Director
Snow Valley Resorts
Log Hut Area , Manali

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We booked Volvo package and stayed at the resort for 3 nights & 4 days for our Honeymoon. It was really a nice experience. The arrangements done by resort were very good. The room provided was neat n clean. The staff was very polite & friendly. The food served was good. Candle light dinner, flower bed decoration, honeymoon cake, all arrangements were awsm. The driver Mr. Vikas provided by the resort was awsm person with nice knowledge of manali. He was very polite n ready to wait as much u want to enjoy the spot.
I stayed in presidential room on ground floor. Hence i was not able to open my window curtains because of the staff members passing from that area time to time. So privacy lacks in these rooms. Avoid ground floor rooms. I hope hotel management will look forward for this issue.
Overall our stay at Snowvalley resort was good & memorable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Hi I m Vivek Raut. I had stayed in this resort from 20May to 23May.

This hotel has excellent View. Food is very good. Room service is also excellent. I had very good time here. I would love to stay in this hotel in future also.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VivekRaut
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I had a mixed experience. We had booked 2 room's. They called to inform that 2 room's weren't available and offered the family room. It had one two bedroom with a flimsy wooden staircase connecting them. Not recommended for family with young children. Please avoid this room. I was shifted to normal room's the following day and they were fine. The activity room needs maintenance and buffet can be improved. The staff were very helpful and gave us good and right information about the tourist spots and what to watch for. On the whole, not the best, but can stay. The view from Maharaja room's are good. Zero view for deluxe room's.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family