See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

This is the most mismanagement hotel I've ever been to.

The same hotel is called Chandan Regency, Sakina Cottage and Chandan Cottage.

The hotel does not have a name plate/board of either. Just imagine after a 14 hour journey you have to spend time finding a hotel which does not have a name.

The owners provide reference of a nearby hotel to reach Chandan Regency / Sakina Cottage.

Surprisingly even the 2 people (1 part-time chef and 1 cleaner/waiter/manager/reception) working at the hotel don't know the name of the hotel either.

I spoke with 4 different people who all claimed to be the owners of the hotel. I was reminded atleast 10 times to make the payment. I had made it very clear on day 1 that I'll make the payment on Checkout. Total Unprofessional attitude.

The first hotel I've seen that has more owners than staff.

I had booked a package that included 2 meals a day and heater for 6 people in 3 rooms.

Even after booking the rooms 1 week in advance there are no basic facilities at hotel.

On reaching the hotel there was no heater in 2 rooms. Just imagine the freezing temperature of Manali and there is no heater. Even after clearly mentioning in mails and numerous phone calls the owners could not get a basic necessity like heater. It was an unbearable cold and with no heater it just got worse.

On day 3, an already defective heater broke down. We had to spend another cold night without heater. Instead of replacing the heater the owners asked me to pay a fine of 300 for damaging the heater. Speaking with the owners I was made to feel guilty of damaging their heater. No one cared about replacing the broken heater and left us in cold yet again. They were more concerned about getting the fine.

The hotel has just 1 man staff. The same person takes care of another hotel. This poor chap is a senior citizen who is made to work like a Donkey.

All The rooms were dusty. Seems the rooms were not opened for ages.

There was a near empty roll of toilet paper. On requesting to get a toilet paper roll, the person replies "Abhi kaam chala lo. Kal badal dunga".

In our 4 day stay, the rooms were never cleaned. The linens were never changed. What can you expect from a hotel with 1 man staff.

The dinner was served as early as 8:00 pm. Strictly 8:00 pm. If you're late you'll get cold food. What are you running, a hotel or a HOSTEL?

The chef is the rudest person you'll find. He'd get into an argument on almost every conversation.
The food was just ordinary. Even a roadside eatery serves better than the food at Sakina Cottage /Chandan Regency / Chandan Cottage.

This is by far the worst experience at any hotel. My advice would be to avoid this hotel.

The owners don't care about the customers. Money is all that matters to them. They are looting tourists in Manali operating from Delhi.

Stayed between 21-25 January 2016. (Biggest embarrassment of my life)

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Manali a beautiful place to see .. And Hotel Chandan Regency is awsome place to stay ..The Hotel is well located. Not so far... Not so close to mall road .. Easily approchable ... The rooms have nice Interiors .. I booked Super Deluxe Room and its full of Deluxe .. Very well maintained hotel .. The hotel staff is super friendly .. Service is awsome and prompt .. The food they offer in buffet .. Super yummy .. With lots of Dishes to choose from.
Mr Desraj the buffet manager
He made us feel like home. Awsome personality ... In some mannner they made our Trip memorable..

Stayed December 2015, travelled as a couple

Room tip: Super Deluxe Room Velley Facing
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 485mahir
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I had a v bad experience at this hotel. The checkin was smooth, but the rooms were average. The hotel manager demanded more money even though the room was booked for 3 people through goibibo. The manager took his word back after I made a call to goibibo., yet the extra bed they provided was in a pathetic condition. I have a better bed for my dog at home.
This place is far away from the main town. Only good point is that the food & room service provided by Kishori Lal was excellent.

Date of stay: June 2015