“Good for large group / family”

Hotel Bhawani International
Ranked #36 of 62 Hotels in Katra
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are six members in the family and looking for a hotel for early fresh-up at morning and to take rest after coming down to Katra from Bhawan. this hotel is on main Bus Stand katra.

Here we got an early check in around 7 AM.( Check out 12 noon ).We Booked a 6 bed family room for 2days at much lesser price.

Hotel is having a small lift, Rooms are fairly clean and having all basic amenities. Food served was fresh and economic. Hot water depends on availability of grid power.

Hotel is having a Souvenir shop, But Don't buy eatable / Prasad from there . Seems old stocks. Other items can be tried.

They don't offer complimentary dropping at Banganga, whereas many other hotels do. But overall a good budget hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are having view to the hills
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeek K

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Somewhere I March 2014, I was looking for accommodation in Karta for a group of 35 persons. I hit on Hotel Bhawani International & was happy looking at the economical tariff and pics. But after reading the reviews I was a bit disappointed. Still, I spoke directly to Mr Rakesh of HBI who was very cooperative while speaking. I told him directly that the reviews of the hotel were not good on tripadvisor. In turn Mr Rakesh told me that those reviews were all false and the hotel was very good. Trusting him & his conversation I went ahead with the booking. Today I am happy that I trusted Mr Rakesh. All my group was very happy with the services of Hotel Bhawani International. The rooms are spacious, well maintained and the staff is very helping. We were given delicious buffet food on MAP plan. Since March 2014 I have given four big bookings to HBI and just today I have confirmed another booking with him for a friend. Surely recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and found it an absolutely fantastic hotel in all respects. The location is fantastic. The rooms are exactly what you would expect; Nice and Clean, functioning TV, bath/shower, all good. The staff are friendly and helpful and accommodating on all queries and questions.

I recommend The Bhawani International to anyone looking for a comfortable room at a reasonable price and if you're on a budget, especially with kids, I would say this is a good option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Decent Hotel to stay ..helpful staff..food is also good at restaurant as compared to outside restaurants... I took one single and one family suite at first floor...They arranged for cab also you can contact Deepak directly very nice guy ..He took us to Mansar lake and dropped us at Jammu station ..his mobile number is 9797640251

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ashishrawat12
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were a group of 10 persons and reached katra at 7am in the morning. Lot of hotel don't allow ear;y check in. We requested for early check in and late check out and they did charge for that but it was a nominal charge. we checked in at 7am and checked out at 5pm next day. The rooms were not clean, the bedsheet was also not clean we requested the staff to change the bedsheet. The food was good in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pradeep_Basu
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Very poorly managed hotel. for the price you pay like $50-$60. Rooms are filthy. Beds were unhygenic with smell and loads of hair. Staff was helpful , food was average. Location is good. we shunted out after one night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anuaga
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were traveling in a group and reached Katra around 6 A.M. It wasn't difficult to find the hotel, it is located right after the bus stand.

We had made online reservation for non-AC rooms and had called in advance to say that we will be arriving early. At first the receptionist said since the check out time is 12 noon, our rooms will only be ready by then. When we reminded them about the phone call, they agreed to give us some rooms, so that we can freshen up. They took us to the lower most floor below the reception, to very filthy and dingy rooms. There was no hot water and the bathroom was very filthy. When we spoke to reception again, they reassured that this is only temporary and in couple of hours they will give us better rooms. And by 11 A.M. the room boys came and took us up one level to new rooms. We were put in room 104, and it was comparatively better. The bathroom was cleaner, there was hot water, the room was not carpeted (which I think is healthier for such dingy places), and the view was to the balcony of a neighboring building. There was a wardrobe, the bed linen was clean but the blanket looked worn out. When we asked for a room at least at ground level, the receptionist informed us that going up from one level below the reception all rooms are AC, so choose wisely.

We ordered the room services a couple of times. The service was quick, and things came within 30 minutes. But the food was cold, even after I specifically asked them to send them hot. The thali was ok, but I couldn't eat the roti's since they were cold, the paranthas were very oily(not ghee but vegetable oil), and the food was very spicy. Their tea is good, so you can order that safely but avoid food if you can. Since it is only a short distance from the main center there are lots of eateries to be tried near by.

To wind up, it is a budget hotel in a very busy pilgrimage site so don't expect world class service or anything like that. I found the hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. There is room for improvement in interior decoration, cleanliness and most importantly food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends