“Hotel Sham Palce,Best Hotel to Stay”
Review of Hotel Sham Palace

Hotel Sham Palace
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katra
Hotel Sham Palace
Ranked #37 of 103 Katra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this Hotel alongwith my family during Darshan of Maa Vaishno Devi in the month of March 2013, Although we did not book it in advance but managed to get a double bed room for our 5 members of family, after hectic search of good hotel.Best thing about this hotel:
1. Well behaved, Honest & supportive staff, when I called them they send a vehicle to pick us from Chowk. after check-out, we forgot to take some luggage, which they themselves reminded & delivered to us.
2. Excellent ambiance of room,cleaned,with good interiors, was provided to us.
3. When there was power cut in Katra, they promptly provided us hot water for our all family members in short duration.
4. Quality of breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank VishalChourasia

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Every thing is fine.....
room is good and location was good to start jorney of mata vaisnov devi...
what i like the most is staff coperation and wahi like the least is no charging point in the room....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Sharad D
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I'd booked this hotel in advance for our Vaishnodevi trip. We traveled all the way from Pahalgam to Jammu. Took us about 10 to 12 hours. This hotel is not located in the main area. It's about 1.5 to 2 kilometers away from the main entrance of the mountain where one would begin the journey uphill. It's got a decent parking space and the hotel's exterior also looks decent. Sham Palace is near the JKTDC, Katra. I booked this on the basis of just 2 reviews on TA and the other reviews on various travel sites like cleartrip, holidayIQ, etc. I just took a guess that this might be good enough and went ahead with the booking since it was just a short stay.

This hotel is just about average in terms of almost everything - the food, rooms, service, interiors and the overall quality. Talking about the food, the menu offers a variety of options but the taste is just okay, not a foodie's delight. Comparatively, it's highly priced too for the quality and quantity provided!

Since we were two families, I'd booked a 4-bedded room and a 2-bedded one. We were just here for a short stay. For a short stay, it's alright but given a chance again, I wouldn't consider this as an option. The rooms were just about clean. AC worked in one room and didn't in the other. There are hardly any charging points in the room. Really inconvenient. We were actually charging our phones on hourly basis :P.

The hotel has three or four floors and we were given rooms on the third floor. Not really sure about the floors, but there are no elevator facilities. The corridor was not maintained well at all. It was really sticky and could fell the stickiness despite having slippers on. There was liquid stuff fallen around here and there and it was a bit messy. But as I said, since we were here for a short stay, it was manageable.

On our check-out, we were just sitting in the lobby while the manager was assessing the amount to be paid. There were people checking out and checking in. So, a new family had checked-in and one old lady had climbed all the way up and she came back down furiously after a few minutes complaining about the room's cleanliness. She mentioned about a lot of hair lying around on the beds and the beds-sheets were dirty, etc. She was really loud and that's why I remember this so distinctly. Luckily, our rooms were not that bad.

This neither can be called as a budget option. So overall, for a short stay, I would say it's fine but as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't consider this again if I get a chance again.

Rooms - 3/5, Food - 3/5, Service - 3/5, Value - 2.5/5

With clean rooms, I prefer a clean environment too.

P.S. - Try JKTDC Katra which is near this hotel. They have a variety of options and they have pretty good rooms because my Dad checked out the rooms. They do only online booking and provide rooms on the spot only if it's available.

Room Tip: Before checking-in, please check your rooms thoroughly - working condition of ACs, bathrooms, bed-sh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2013

this hotel is very good, especially near by going to vaishnav devi mandir.
tour is also arrange by hootel manger tavinder sharma to kashmir.

driver is also very good.and well experience about the roads.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nilesh752
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

From last 5 years im staying here at hotel sham palace, everytine they come up with new inprovements in their facility. Staff is really cooperative, specially manger tavendra is very cooperative. They have good travels facility to book cab and tours for kashmir. Guys if you want to go kashmir just book trip with him only in katra market you will hey lot of fraud deals.

Restaurent facility provided by hotel is really good specially when you come back from heavy treking of bhuvan.

Only thing i miss here is lack of Wifi facility.

• Stayed: December 2012