Hotel Duke
US$32
US$53
US$42
  • Breakfast included
Hotel New Prince Inn(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$33
  • Restaurant
US$227
US$72
  • Room Service
New Bul Bul Group of Houseboats(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$22
US$320
US$291
  • Breakfast included
US$296
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel was my third choice.But thank god first two choices were not available which caused us to land in this hotel.
Reasonable cost with off season discount.
Great Rooms with Geysers and electric Blanket.
Average and costly food .But there were ample alternatives available nearby.
Great Service
Biggest plus point is location.Located at walking distance from Nehru place Shikhara Stand.Dal lake is just outside the Hotel.One of the best locations on Boulevard Road.
Overall a place worthy of 5 stars

Room Tip: Dal lake facing rooms are better although costlier.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nnindia18
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I booked my tour from Roof & Ride Pvt Ltd. Stayed there in Srinagar from 30.12.2013 to 3.1.2014. Both Ankit and Sangeet helped us to make our trip enjoyable; best spacious room, best cab service ( Mr. Sohail the best cab driver), best food and the best services the hotel staff gave to us. As directed, we were provided with the non-veg. food; extra blanket; extra bed. In short it was a best package provided by Roof & Ride Pvt. Ltd. in the Duke Hotel of Srinagar; the best part was the transport services that was provided to us as even in the heavy snowfall, the driver took us to Gulmarg and pehalgam. Excellent. I sincerely thanks, my tour operator as well as Hote Duke for making our trip unforgettable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank HCB1972
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just back from a wonderful trip from shrinagar, kashmir, the best trip of my life ever. I booked an LTC trip from roofandride pvt ltd. A very sweet and helpful sangeeta nagar has helped us to make this trip as per our liking. They made us very economical and exciting. By giving only 1000/- extra my standard package was converted into the deluxe one. Hotel duke, in which we were booked was the best as per the services, food, cleanliness is concerned. The best part was the location the hotel is just in front of the dal lake. The food was delicious. They serve excellent kashmere non veg. Food which was delicious. Roofandride also arranged a cab and we especially mention this because the driver was so helpful that he took us to gulmarg when the other drivers were charging high going to that place. Thank you roofandride I m looking forward to take your excellent services for many more trips to come :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kavita-Kanchi
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three nights, us being a party of four, having one room per couple. The booking was done through M/s Lone Tour and Travels, Srinagar, and we did not face any problems at all, although we did not get Lake facing rooms.. our windows faced a parking area and some rubbish bins. LOL.

No.. we did not face stinking rooms or food with fungus, nor were we shouted at by the receptionist guys. The premises are huge and the rooms are huge.. and so is the lounge. A greedy hotelier would have opted for more rooms, but I guess the owners are easy-going people. The food is nothing to write about, but it was wholesome and homely, which is important, because on a vacation, overcooked food, dicey cooking oils and tons of masala generally play havoc with one's digestive system. We found the staff friendly enough, the water was hot enough, the bed tea and meals were timely enough. Contrary to what is being written, the hotel is NOT close, either to other eating joints or Lal Chowk. So plan accordingly.

I would definitely prefer to stay in this hotel once again, if I re-visit Srinagar in the future. My wife and other members of my family share my views.

Room Tip: Ensure that you get Lake facing rooms, preferably on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank pcsarkar
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The room was simply dirty,smelly and undressed .
the toilet was such a disaster that I didn't have bath for 3 days
the food was poor with no proper restaurant and the bf time was 8:30 and it wasn't unavailable even at 9:30
there was no service only
the location was the only plus point . Else it was a nightmare

• Stayed: October 2013