“Enjoyable times!!!”
Review of Hotel Mirage

Hotel Mirage
Ranked #26 of 136 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have been there for my honeymoon in December 2009. It was amazing experience. Hotel staff was really supporting. Manager Zulfi is helpful in arranging our requirements. This one is situated near army locality. so its a safe area to stay in Srinagar.
Its not a big hotel, but very good if you want budget hotel which offers great services nd rooms, than this one is for you. I recommend it..

Room Tip: Better you choose from site like this or by asking people who have been to Kashmir. Finding a hotel...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
omer s, General Manager at Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for giving us a review.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your Honeymoon at Mirage. Honeymoon is a very special time in a person's life and it has to be special. It is always a pleasure to serve honeymoon couples and maybe in some small way make their honeymoon special.

We wish you all the best for the future and pray for a happy and prosperous married life.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

One has to start with the people of J&K, who are the most welcoming and loving people in the world. Hotel Mirage is the place for anyone to sample the courtesy and service of Kashmiris. Situated in a very posh location, it is very peaceful and yet it is not far from the markets. The hotel is exactly like you see in pictures and there is a huge lawn to relax and enjoy the sun, have dinner and let the kids run-around. The cleanliness and freshness is very well done and is at par with the best. The food was good and Kashmiri phirni memorable. The entire team works like a family and every person I interacted with at Mirage was a gem. Some of the friendly people names that I remember from Mirage family (others may please pardon me) - Omar, Zulfikaar, Althaf, Yakoob. Zulfi made arrangements for a complete Kashmir package which was like icing on the cake toi make it one of the most memorable holidays ever for us.

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe rooms or Suite, they are definitely worth every paise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

We are ever so grateful for your compliments and kind words. Its an absolute honour to know we were able to give you a little taste of Kashmiri culture and hospitality. We believe when you're visiting a new place it is very important to experience the bit of the culture there. Kashmir has been portrayed in a negative light in the past by the media and we hope, even if in a small way, to change people's perception about Kashmir. It is most rewarding to learn we are moving in the right direction.

We hope to see you again in the near future as we believe Kashmir has so much to offer, one trip just ins't enough.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I have been to Switzerland and stayed in a chalet hotel mirage was so similar to that. I enjoyed my stay in hotel mirage and this time I was paying in rupees not in Euros.I was fortunate enough to
find this place in kashmir, will surely recommend to others.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are as huge as two rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

It's an honour to be compared to a chalet in Switzerland. We believe when you're on holiday in Kashmir you need to be closer to nature and feel relaxed. This is what we strive to provide our Guests. To receive praises and compliments such as this just fuels our desire to do better.

Although Switzerland is one of the biggest tourist destinations we firmly believe Kashmir has more to offer. Tourism in Kashmir has come leaps and bounds in the past few years and we hope people who have been weary about coming to Kashmir in the past give us a chance to show them what Kashmiri hospitality is all about.

We hope to serve you again in our newly constructed wing offering luxuries only to be expected from some of the best 5 Star Hotels. Thank you for choosing Mirage.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

its in very safe area, lovely comfort and peaceful with most of the facilities...rooms are big and spacious and people there are very generous..green lawn is also there to take full advantage of sunshine and get relax with family on breakfast etc..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rashmiagarwal
omer s, General Manager at Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

We are extremely pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at Mirage. Mirage is located in a very peaceful area. Safety is no longer something you should worry about in Kashmir. As you may have experienced during your stay in Kashmir there is no reason to be apprehensive when planning a trip to Kashmir.

We are also glad to know you enjoyed our lawns and greenery. We take special care to provide a tranquil environment because that is the essence of Kashmir.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

The best thing i liked about this place it is clean where as other hotels
in Gulmarg and Pahalgam where we had to stay does not know the ABC of cleanliness
and for this reason we planned to stay in this hotel only .The best thing my family
loved about this place was its big lawns where my kids were not confined to just 4
walls.We truely enjoyed our kashmir stay, thanks to shahana
and staff of Mirage last but not least Mr Omer shah owner who looked to me
like a european tourist at mirage..:) for making our stay memorable and sweet...

Room Tip: Delux Suite rooms are the best
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank 6suzan

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at Mirage. Thank you for describing our Hotel as clean, green and serene. We understand, the most important aspects of a comfortable stay are cleanliness and a peaceful ambiance. It is encouraging to know our efforts do not go unnoticed. We are very grateful for your compliments and we hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing Mirage. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I booked a package from Makemytrip and the package included my stay in Srinagar at Hotel Mirage.On arrival at Srinagar Airport I was told there is some maintanance work going on in the
hotel and so we were shifted to some other hotel.I went to Hotel Mirage personally
and found out there was no maintenance but each and every room was sold out.On informing Makemytrip people about the reality my calls were not answered at all.The Hotel was not to be blamed as they had no information at all about my booking.I paid full package amount to Make My Trip a month in advance of my tour.I was not at all happy with what they show and what they deliver and to add to all I find their refund slogen a joke. I have learned a very important lesson after this trip that is no intermediators when one can book directly with the hotels.Dont trust Make my trip people.

Room Tip: Delux rooms are wow
Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank robankhan
omer321, Owner at Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear Sir we have already raised an issue with make my trip that how come in our Hotel name guests are accommodated in other hotels in srinagar . This is not for the first time we have received such similar complaints from other guests as wel . My Advice to the travellers would be any booking done through any travel agency few things must be taken care of

1) Before confirming any package one must have confirmed hotel names (not similar hotels its a trap)

2) As soon as the agency gives the name of the hotels verify your confirmed booking with the hotel by calling the hotels directly before traveling

3) If possible dont pay 100% package amount upfront because agency could take you for a toss

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hotel is owned and managed by Munisa and her family. This property is in business since 1982 but a wing got renovated last year. That is the wing we stayed in and loved our stay. Since Munisa booked this property on phone for us, it was a privilege to spend time with her during our stay. Munisa's son Kashif is our best friend now.

Pros:
1. The suite room is exactly as is shown on the hotel website video.
2. Rooms and Bathroom are spacious.
3. 24 Hour Hot and Cold water is available.
4. Suite room has masterbed room with double bed, a lounge facing the park and a small bed room with single bed.
5. The ambiance and furniture in the room is very comfy and tasteful.
6. ACs an fans were installed in the room for a comfy summer stay.
7. Hotel had a descent power back up.
8. Room Service Staff was very helpful and the hotel Manager Zulfikar (Zulfi) is the best man.
9. Bonfire followed by buffet dinner in the hotel gardens was a good social event.
10. Property is well maintained and peaceful.
11. it is about 10 minutes drive om Dal lake, Lal Bagh and other important points.

Cons: These are not the negative points per se but worth mentioning.

1. Room did not have any heat arrangements. Nights get chilly.
2. Since the hotel is not in the main market, there are not many food options/restaurants near by.
3. The variety, quality and taste of the food can be worked on while the portions were handful.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone going to srinagar. All the guests at the hotel felt as important and relaxed as we did.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the newly renovated wing. They have suites and deluxe rooms in it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rasneet
omer321, Owner at Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

I am glad your stay in mirage was nice .Each and every room in Delux Block has an air conditioner /heater. If any of the staff would have been asked they would have shown how to operate it.