All reviewssarwar hussainhome away from homethe ownerdal lakewalking distancehome stayexcellent hospitalityhis teamhot waterpersonal attentionapproach roadtake carevisit kashmirdriver mrmemorable triplocal sightseeingfamily members
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor and on reaching the hotel, I felt right about the decision and it met our expectations.
I booked a 4N/5D Package with the hotel directly and it was very comfortable. 4N we stayed in hotel and 5th Night we stayed in houseboat. The rooms are good, neat and clean, the property is in walkable distance from Dal lake and very safe to walk around.

Sarwar is a good host and we were impressed with his hospitality and attention towards customers. If we visit to Kashmir again, we will surely visit JH Bazaz.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at JH BAZAZ with my wife in June last week for 3 days and i must say it was a pleasant experience.The Rooms were cosy ,neat equipped with all standard amenities.Also Mr Sanwar's honest and genuine advise was really helping about local sightseeing tours.He is arranged cabs for our trips to Sonmerg , Gulmerg and Srinagar at reasonable prices.cheers for Mr sanwar and his team.The breakfast and dinners served are very tasteful and good. i must say i visited this place due to its Tripadvisor ratings and they didnt disappoint.

Room Tip: TIP:trip to Gandola in Gulmerg should be booked in advanced till phase 2 otherwise you will have a torrid time with all the agents and what not if you are planning to go in the season.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Tripadvisor has led me once again to another fantastic experience, this time in Srinagar. To be honest I booked this hotel on the fly while travelling from Gulmarg to Srinagar at the last moment , that too based on user reviews . To my delight, the place exceeded our expectations. The best part was the warmth of the proprietor, Sarwar bhai. Though I checked in on phone at last moment , I found not one but two options of rooms ready for us, in the peak season, no less! He even called us to check if we were okay when we got late shopping in bylanes of Srinagar. I was totally unaware of how to do max sightseeing in the limited time available to us , but Sarwar bhai guided us to all the right places. In the end , he made sure we caught our flight in time and didn't get cheated by autowallahs. I would recommend the establishment for budget travelers coz
1. walking distance to dal lake
2. Sarwar bhai - best advisor on trip planning
3. clean rooms ,esp bathroom and linen.

Room Tip: choose a room with garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arpitZombz
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed are stay in J.H Bazaz as the owners gave a homely feel.The room was really cozy and neat. The Kashmiri food which they offered were mouth watering. It was indeed a pleasure staying in this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SUNILALMEIDA78
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my vacation at Srinagar in month of June '14. Indeed the hotel was a great find.The perceptive and friendly services offered by Sarwar and his team made it worth while staying in this hotel.The room was specious,pretty , neat and clean.The location is so gud that it just takes minutes to go the dalgate and boulevard road.The only suggestion to include non-veg option in the food menu.Appart from this the over all stay was comfy and amazing.i would definately love to visit again and recommend friends . Thank you so much for making our stay so much pleasant.

Regards,
Gulshan Baral

Room Tip: Cottage is more preffered dan rooms so that u can have a balcony for relaxing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple