All reviews sarwar hussain home away from home the owner dal lake walking distance home stay excellent hospitality his team hot water personal attention approach road take care visit kashmir driver mr memorable trip local sightseeing family members
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We (me, My husband & our little daughter) had a very pleasant & comfortable stayed at Hotel JH Bazaz, Srinagar for 6 nights. The cottage is located at 2-3 minutes walk from the famous Dal lake. The rooms are neat & clean and well maintained specially daily changing of sheets, towels, dustbins etc.

Mr. Sarwar (Owner) of this cottage is a wonderful person having smile always. He is very caring to his guests, arranged a cab facility also & gave us all the necessary travel tips before we departed to Gulmarg, Pahalgam & Sonmarg. The staffs are also extremely well mannered & helpful.

Even the cab person named as Abdul Bhai is a nice & honest person. My husband forgot his mobile in the car & Abdul Bhai came back returned my husband’s mobile.

The food provided in the hotel was delicious. And many Punjabi restaurants located in the road of dal lake, there food was not very tasty…. high prices & lesser quantity....

Overall, Hotel is Excellent in terms of Value for money and is good in terms of Location....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shwetak66
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor and on reaching the hotel, I felt right about the decision and it met our expectations.
I booked a 4N/5D Package with the hotel directly and it was very comfortable. 4N we stayed in hotel and 5th Night we stayed in houseboat. The rooms are good, neat and clean, the property is in walkable distance from Dal lake and very safe to walk around.

Sarwar is a good host and we were impressed with his hospitality and attention towards customers. If we visit to Kashmir again, we will surely visit JH Bazaz.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at JH BAZAZ with my wife in June last week for 3 days and i must say it was a pleasant experience.The Rooms were cosy ,neat equipped with all standard amenities.Also Mr Sanwar's honest and genuine advise was really helping about local sightseeing tours.He is arranged cabs for our trips to Sonmerg , Gulmerg and Srinagar at reasonable prices.cheers for Mr sanwar and his team.The breakfast and dinners served are very tasteful and good. i must say i visited this place due to its Tripadvisor ratings and they didnt disappoint.

Room Tip: TIP:trip to Gandola in Gulmerg should be booked in advanced till phase 2 otherwise you will have a torrid time with all the agents and what not if you are planning to go in the season.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Tripadvisor has led me once again to another fantastic experience, this time in Srinagar. To be honest I booked this hotel on the fly while travelling from Gulmarg to Srinagar at the last moment , that too based on user reviews . To my delight, the place exceeded our expectations. The best part was the warmth of the proprietor, Sarwar bhai. Though I checked in on phone at last moment , I found not one but two options of rooms ready for us, in the peak season, no less! He even called us to check if we were okay when we got late shopping in bylanes of Srinagar. I was totally unaware of how to do max sightseeing in the limited time available to us , but Sarwar bhai guided us to all the right places. In the end , he made sure we caught our flight in time and didn't get cheated by autowallahs. I would recommend the establishment for budget travelers coz
1. walking distance to dal lake
2. Sarwar bhai - best advisor on trip planning
3. clean rooms ,esp bathroom and linen.

Room Tip: choose a room with garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arpitZombz
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed are stay in J.H Bazaz as the owners gave a homely feel.The room was really cozy and neat. The Kashmiri food which they offered were mouth watering. It was indeed a pleasure staying in this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family