All reviewssarwar hussainhome away from homethe ownerdal lakewalking distancehome stayexcellent hospitalityhis teamhot waterpersonal attentionapproach roadtake carevisit kashmirdriver mrmemorable triplocal sightseeingfamily members
Reviewed 21 July 2014

JH Bazaz is one of the best places to stay with the best hosts.Sarwar played a perfect host during our stay.We stayed in JH Bazaz from 27th April to 3rd May and were well attended. All our needs were met and Sarwar also helped with our itinerary which was just perfect.Abdul bhai was our driver during our stay and took us around all the eateries around srinagar.Hotel Grand is a perfect place to try the kashmiri cuisine.

Overall a memorable stay in Kashmir ,thanks to Sarwar and his team--

Savio Coelho -Mumbai

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had booked the family room but they have provided me a double bed room with extra bed adjusted in the same small room. The location is near the dal lake but not good. Though it takes only 7-10 mins walk to dal lake but that street is not good for family at late night. The hotel does not provide the drinking water and you have to pay for every bottle. So overall experience is not so good and will never recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Deepakmittal369
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We (me, My husband & our little daughter) had a very pleasant & comfortable stayed at Hotel JH Bazaz, Srinagar for 6 nights. The cottage is located at 2-3 minutes walk from the famous Dal lake. The rooms are neat & clean and well maintained specially daily changing of sheets, towels, dustbins etc.

Mr. Sarwar (Owner) of this cottage is a wonderful person having smile always. He is very caring to his guests, arranged a cab facility also & gave us all the necessary travel tips before we departed to Gulmarg, Pahalgam & Sonmarg. The staffs are also extremely well mannered & helpful.

Even the cab person named as Abdul Bhai is a nice & honest person. My husband forgot his mobile in the car & Abdul Bhai came back returned my husband’s mobile.

The food provided in the hotel was delicious. And many Punjabi restaurants located in the road of dal lake, there food was not very tasty…. high prices & lesser quantity....

Overall, Hotel is Excellent in terms of Value for money and is good in terms of Location....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shwetak66
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor and on reaching the hotel, I felt right about the decision and it met our expectations.
I booked a 4N/5D Package with the hotel directly and it was very comfortable. 4N we stayed in hotel and 5th Night we stayed in houseboat. The rooms are good, neat and clean, the property is in walkable distance from Dal lake and very safe to walk around.

Sarwar is a good host and we were impressed with his hospitality and attention towards customers. If we visit to Kashmir again, we will surely visit JH Bazaz.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at JH BAZAZ with my wife in June last week for 3 days and i must say it was a pleasant experience.The Rooms were cosy ,neat equipped with all standard amenities.Also Mr Sanwar's honest and genuine advise was really helping about local sightseeing tours.He is arranged cabs for our trips to Sonmerg , Gulmerg and Srinagar at reasonable prices.cheers for Mr sanwar and his team.The breakfast and dinners served are very tasteful and good. i must say i visited this place due to its Tripadvisor ratings and they didnt disappoint.

Room Tip: TIP:trip to Gandola in Gulmerg should be booked in advanced till phase 2 otherwise you will have a torrid time with all the agents and what not if you are planning to go in the season.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family