The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Houseboat Zaindari Palace(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$68
  • Restaurant
US$308
Taj Hotels
New Bul Bul Group of Houseboats(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$46
The Renaissance Hotel(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$58
US$115
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel JH Bazaz (Happy Cottage)(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
US$32
Official Site
1,160 results
All reviewschinar treesnew winggarden restaurantsprawling gardensbeautiful propertythe ground floor roomsheated poolthe cottagesroyal experienceduty managerbuffet breakfastheaven on earthamazing locationf bspecial thanksfront officecourteous staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Dont stay here if you want vfm as the service is worse than a street joint. Thank god I did not stay here I went there to have dinner and the entire evening was spoilt

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Vikas R
Nupur S, Manager at The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Dear Tripadvisor member

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar.It is the feedback from our esteemed and valued guests which gives us an opportunity to further enhance and refine our processes to achieve customer delight. I am confident you will find marked improvement in the services during your subsequent visits.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I am on a three day stay at this extraordinary Hotel ,in fact I am writing this from the Hotel room. My wife is in the SPA and my daughter at the beauty parlour where they are getting very personalised services ..in fact being treated like a princess and a Queen !!. From the time we came here two days ago every staff met us with a NAMASKAR day or night and met our every request with a smile. What about cold coffee with biscuits and a Capuccino at 3.00AM IN THE MORNING? Yeah that is what I requested at 3.00AM today morning and got in 10 minutes stat without a fuss ..with a smie and a A NAMASKAAR too!!.
Did some of the guys who wrote comments stay in this same property or are they just trying to create a negative propaganda??!. I am a 56 years old Dr. who has travelled to all the continents and I know what I am talking about ,this is one of the very best Hotels I have stayed in, for the discerning. It is ia sprawling 64 acre majestic property, with the most beautiful gardens and centuries old trees visited by every dignitary including Mahatma Gandhiji .
When I say discerning what I mean is when we make comments about this place we should keep in mind this is a HERITAGE PROPERTY. I am staying in the palace wing in a suite..there is no AC, but that is the way the king used to live here...I just asked for a portable cooler ,got one in a jiffy ,and problem solved. Keep the window open a bit let the pure air flow in ..there is Fan in every room too.
The new wing has brand new rooms with AC for those who want to live in modern comfort.
The Maharaja and Maharani suites I saw were opulent 700-1000sq.ft places occupying the whole upper floor above the conference and banquet area.I have lived in DUbai for past 25 years and have seen nothing of comparable beauty in the ultramodern concrete edifices there..Period.
I want to congratulate the Lalit team were a job well done.

Now this is my opinion and you are very welcome to have yours!

Dr.C.T.Maveli

thoma1954@gmail.com

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Tripadvisor member

At the outset I would like to thank you for your recent stay at The LaLiT Grand Palace Srinagar. I am glad to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our services measuring up to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

we stayed from 24June to 27June .the check in experience was the worst possible.after onng delay we were given maharaja suite and the adjoining suite which was i think part m8 the maharaja suite and was very small and gloomy with no decent window and to top it off no AC and of ceiling fan .the staff at the reception was not helpful .after much angry words the manager came and promised to give us two suites same like the other people in our group had been provided with as we had booked 4 suites.imagine just paying 16000 rs per night and not having AC in the room as the suite wing is without AC. Other than this the food was good and the rooms were clean.the service in the restaurant was ok but the staff did not know the particulars of the dishes properly and sometime forgot to bring coffee.checkout also took hours...hope lalit group trains their staff more and do not misguide people with regards to room amenities and upgrades esp to their lalit loyalty members .

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Amit G

Reviewed 11 June 2011

The building is an old Maharajas palace, set a couple of hundred feet above lake level and a little back from the lake - so you can see the lake from pretty much anywhere is the property. The rooms are set out in a line, so that all of them face the lake. There is an old wing - with large, airy, high ceilinged rooms - and a new wing with modern rooms. There are two restaurants and the food was excellent, all of breakfast, a la carte lunch and evening buffet were very good. You can eat inside or at tables set out on the lawns. It is peaceful (except for the banging from renovation work in reception - which you cannot hear from the rooms). The gardens are a delight to walk in. But the service is absolutely dreadful. No welcome on arrival, waited 2 and a half hours to complete check-in and no one seemed to care. Everything had to be chased. At reception or the concierge when I finally got someone's attention they would break off to answer the phone or serve someone else half way through and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy with that. I walked away several times as I don't want to have a row when I'm on holiday. The Indian hotel industry sets high standards for service, so how this place operates at such a dismal level I don't understand. Overall we enjoyed our stay because of the building, the gardens, the location and the food - just don't mention the service.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank hedgert

Reviewed 10 June 2011

The location of the estate is very secured, its situated among the most secured areas in Srinagar, Kashmir. The room service was very good, everything in the room was up to mark be it the bed-sheets, hand towels.

Their indoor swimming pool is a great place to chill with your friends when in the estate. The gym can have some improvements.

Food was very yummy, especially the kashmiri wazwan.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends