“Excellent Property”

The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
Ranked #4 of 139 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Good View, gardens and beautiful scenery. it is a very quiet place and good for getaway from daily hussle and bussle.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 18 March 2010

Awesome , breathtaking scenic view of the mountains. Especially if you go in the winters, you would find all the mountains capped with shiny white snow.
The hotel has a royal touch to it. A very warm ambiance.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel from 20th jan to 26th jan as part of my honeymoon. I have been to Lalit Properties before and that was the only reason I selected The lalit Grand palace Srinagar for my stay.

I did the bookings by calling customer care around 14th feb and booked the room for 3 days from 20th to 23rd Feb 2010 under unified Holidays package. But in the mean time I got a call from Loyalty department and they told me about the loyalty programs and I really liked that and made loyalty department aware of my current booking with lalit Srinagar, they said that the current booking would be over taken by new booking under Lalit Loyalty. I gave them go ahead with the loyalty membership.

when I reached the Hotel in Srinagar, they told me that I had done two bookings for the same period of stay and would be charged for both the bookings. I was totally shocked with this behavior and the concerned person at reception ( the executive and manager) was not at all customer friendly. They spoke with me in unfriendly manner and they were rude as well. the manager told me to call the concerned person in the loyalty department and get the matter solved as they can't help me on this issues. The worst part was that I have to wait for 45 mins by the time we arrived in the hotel and people were not ready to allot the room and made us to wait in the reception area. They even did not bothered about asking water or tea from us. It was really insulting for me and my wife.

I was not at all expecting that kind of treatment from The Lalit Grand palace Kashmir and I am really dissatisfied with the services and would never consider Lalit nor would recommend it to any one.

Although I enjoyed the food at restaurant but the service in room ( Room dining) was not upto the mark. They took more time for delivering the order than quoted by themselves.

They also constantly shifted the breakfast place, some time it was in Dal Bar, some time In Chinar and few times It was in some make shift ( restaurant) basically one of the room in Hotel.

There was also problem with the Television in my room. There was not good choice of Channels to watch and also the quality of signals was not good.

All together, I was not at all satisfied with my stay with The Lalit Srinagar and I felt cheated after spending close to 55000 ruppes during my 6 days stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Good hotel. We had gone for a day's stay at the hotel to enjoy a long weekend due to public holidays. The scenic setting of the hotel is awesome with the grand stand view of the Dal Lake in front and the mountains hugging the backyard. The staff is warm hospitable and take care of your needs.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We had gone for a day's stay at the hotel to enjoy a long weekend due to public holidays. The scenic setting of the hotel is awesome with the grand stand view of the Dal Lake in front and the mountains hugging the backyard. The staff is warm hospitable and take care of your needs. The front lawns are huge and well manicured. The restaurant is great and so is the Dal Bar. The biggest drawback and a big letdown were the spa facilities and the net connectivity. None of the spa facilities were functional, the heated pool was under renovation(did not see any work on though), the masseurs were on leave (??), only the gym was functional. The net connection was down throughout the stay.Overall a enjoyable stay but they need to tell guests in advance that hotel facilities are not fully functional.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel from 20th Feb to 26th Feb as part of my honeymoon. I have been to Lalit Properties before and that was the only reason I selected The lalit Grand palace Srinagar for my stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank dheeru
Reviewed 10 February 2010

The hotel is huge, With great location, service and food.
I think Feb was the best time to go to Srinagar. It was snowing, the entire hotel was covered with snow. It looked beautiful. Thanks to the company i work in. This was the best offsite one can ever ever experience.
Its actually a palace turned into a hotel, with awesome rooms, dining rooms, conference rooms and not to forget the disc, Kahwa and snow fight.

Overall, an awesome stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank surbhithareja