“A Night to remember” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Srinagar
Chandigarh
“A Night to remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nigeen Lake : an expanse of calm. turquoise blue waters floating lilies, chirping birds: in quite contrast to the hustle bustle and noise of Dal lake; and then this houseboat comes into view:; its carved porch so enticing,,the day curtains all silky and wispy in the cool breeze.. its decor so rich and enthralling.. the essence of Kashmir pervades the ambience:: royal chairs and tables... intricate lamps and fixtures, colourful carpets and delicate china ware>> a truly mesmering effect on the first time traveller!! Then Yaqoob bhai( the owner) presents us with a Pitcher of Kahwa: a welcome drink that enregises and sets the mood of Kashmir rolling.... one just sits back and relishes the solitude of this part of Dal Lake : a bit isolated , but so peaceful:; you relax on the front balcony as shikaras float by , a slice of daily life in Kahmir unfolds slowly ... rustic and endearing in its simplicity. A few drinks under the star-lit terrace where a fragrant breeze awakens the senses makes you realise what all this magic of kashmir is all about ,, and this is promptly followed by a lavish dinner served on a carved glass dining table complete with ornate chairs and a opulent chandelier delivering soft shafts of light.There is no hurry, the unobstrusive family leaves us to enjoy our evening : there is calm and serenity all around..>> lights of boats moored on the distant Dal cause mysterious reflections in the waters and now we have the enitire houseBoat to ourselves. We spend a few hours soaking in the sights and sounds of silence,, wine and hookahs in tandem with the lapping waters.. Strongly recommended to all honey mooners, group travellers and solo wanderers: all facilities are first rate, the hospitality leaves no scope for any complaints and the decor truly mkaes you feel like a KING for The DAY ..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. Such scintillating reviews make efforts worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

M. Yakub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Thai first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had great time at Golden Flower houseboat.The location is very quiet ,pieaceful.
so I could hear and feel the nature sounds and enjoy to see nice sunset view.
It makes me relax
The food was tasty everyday. it is homely Mam's taste.I like it!
The room and living room,dining room are so comfortable. well-maintainance and well-cleaned.
Especially the owener Mr Yakoob and his brother Mr Ayub are friendly .Mr Ayub arranged
nice day trip for me ! It was great & amazing experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Houseboat new golden flower is a nice place to stay and spend ur time near by the lake. The host and family are very friendly. The view there was very good to appercriate. If u are coming to Kashmir, this place is definatly good suggestion for ur trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in this houseboat for 5 nights, we are newely wed couple so we want everthing should be perfect because these memories are going to be remembered for whole life, after reaching houseboat every hour became memorable for us, houseboat owner yakub made everthing so easy for us, food was amazing in the houseboat, must try kashmiri kawa its very tasty, view from the houseboat is very nice, kashmir is so beautiful and safe place, must go and enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms are same neat and clean
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The stay at golden flower houseboat was very comfortable and satisfactory. All facilities was there. They also arrange for visiting places around. We need not have to look atound for taxis. The most comfarting part was they provide you with kashmir sim card (as prepaid sim from elsrwhere wont work in kashmir).Also we had wi-fi facilities. This made our stay evenmore joyful.We could connect with our family with ease. I would like to thank the organizers for this. Kashmir is a wonderful place to visit and the houseboat experience is something that one should not miss out.We will cherish the memories of Kashmir and hospitality of kashmiris always.

• Stayed August 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed for 3 days and it was a wonder experience for me and my wife. Thanks a lot for the arrangements done by Yakoob bhai and his brother. We really enjoyed a lot in Kashmir. Naigeen lake is a best selection for the house boat, it is such a quite and calm place to live.

• Stayed August 2014

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My quest for Kashmir travel began when my child expressed the desire to see Snow Mountain. Since then I spent a lot of time doing research on the internet since it was already July and I knew that it would be summer in Kashmir and snow would have started melting. My only wish was to show my child Snow Mountain as I had already made a commitment and I couldn’t put it forward for next year or winter. I started planning my travel with lots of apprehension looking at all probable options. It is at that time I read few blogs around staying in boat house and this ignited a wish of staying in a boat house which I had never done. As I started reading more about boat houses, I read few accolades about a gentleman called Yakub for his hospitality etc. After a lot of searches for about a week on boat houses, I randomly called up a boat house owner one day and to my surprise I was speaking to the same Gentleman called Yakub. Needless to say, to me, the man sounded more convincing and trust worthy than what was being written about him. I came up with an open and straight question. “Yukub Bhai, will I get to see snow, else the travel is waste for me”. He asked for some to check through all sources and promised a call back. In my mind, I was thinking, since it was summer in Kashmir and snow has started melting and reached the cliff tops it looked difficult. I got a call back from Yakub and he promised me that by any means he will get me experience of not just seeing snow but even touching and playing on it. He assured and asked me not to worry and consider as if I would be visiting my elder brother’s house in Kashmir. He sounded promising and convincing. All my worries were put to rest.

Upon meeting Mr. Yukub personally, I found no different than going to a relative’s house in Kashmir. He and his uncle Mr. Hamid (another gentleman) made my entire family feel so comfortable as if we were at our own house. Every request, every aspect was taken into very careful consideration, including the travel plan during stay. Mr. Hamid himself drove us to all places we wished to see, during our stay and trust me, my initial apprehension on whether or not I would get to see snow, was met… All credit goes to these two gentlemen.

I have read mixed reviews about Mr. Yukub while trying to post my review in trip advisor now, but honestly my experience was really wonderful and I still wonder, if those odd ones wouldn’t be for the person whom I was associated with and could be for somebody else.

Thanks Yukub Bhai & Hamid Bhai for all wonderful memories we could carry back with us. Wishing you both good luck, in all future endeavours.

Room Tip: Negotiate as much as possible with sales vendors on shikara
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family