“Srinigar Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Srinagar
Mumbai
“Srinigar Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Yakub bhai made my trip to Kashmir very relaxed, easy & unforgettable. I did a lot of net surfing and scouting and eventually zeroed in on New Golden Flower on Nagin lake and was impressed by the reviews and warm regards for Yakub bhai by many travellers. He is extremely cooperating, kind, honest family oriented, knowledgeable & experienced guide. He knows exactly how to make you comfortable and happy.

He arranged a trip for me to lake manasbal and it was the most beautiful trip of my life. On his recommendation I tried the Fish Kababs which were out of the world ....... a speciality of this place and only available here.

I am looking forward to visiting Kashmir again with my family very soon and New Golden lower is the ONLY & obvious choice as it's location is apt. Nagin Lake is quite and peaceful and very unlike the and noisy cluttered Dal lake. Yakub bhai's boat is located at the very beginning of the lake and offers a spectacular view of the entire lake.

Yakub bhai...thank you very much for your warm hospatility and company.

Warm Regards,
Romee

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. Such scintillating reviews make efforts worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

M. Yakub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at new golden flower house boat in august 2014, we were 6 adults and 2 kids- must say an Amazing Experience. Had the best kawa in Kashmir at the house boat, the owner is very hospitable and warm felt like a big family.

• Stayed August 2014

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

8 of us stayed at the new Golden Flower Houseboat. Amazing experience, well kept rooms, pampered by hospitality of the caretaker. Enjoyed sunset ride on shikharas, endless shopping of local handicrafts bought to our doorstep by "shikhara shops".

Highly recommended, apt for those who want something away from clutter of Dal Lake!

Rahul, HK.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Chandigarh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nigeen Lake : an expanse of calm. turquoise blue waters floating lilies, chirping birds: in quite contrast to the hustle bustle and noise of Dal lake; and then this houseboat comes into view:; its carved porch so enticing,,the day curtains all silky and wispy in the cool breeze.. its decor so rich and enthralling.. the essence of Kashmir pervades the ambience:: royal chairs and tables... intricate lamps and fixtures, colourful carpets and delicate china ware>> a truly mesmering effect on the first time traveller!! Then Yaqoob bhai( the owner) presents us with a Pitcher of Kahwa: a welcome drink that enregises and sets the mood of Kashmir rolling.... one just sits back and relishes the solitude of this part of Dal Lake : a bit isolated , but so peaceful:; you relax on the front balcony as shikaras float by , a slice of daily life in Kahmir unfolds slowly ... rustic and endearing in its simplicity. A few drinks under the star-lit terrace where a fragrant breeze awakens the senses makes you realise what all this magic of kashmir is all about ,, and this is promptly followed by a lavish dinner served on a carved glass dining table complete with ornate chairs and a opulent chandelier delivering soft shafts of light.There is no hurry, the unobstrusive family leaves us to enjoy our evening : there is calm and serenity all around..>> lights of boats moored on the distant Dal cause mysterious reflections in the waters and now we have the enitire houseBoat to ourselves. We spend a few hours soaking in the sights and sounds of silence,, wine and hookahs in tandem with the lapping waters.. Strongly recommended to all honey mooners, group travellers and solo wanderers: all facilities are first rate, the hospitality leaves no scope for any complaints and the decor truly mkaes you feel like a KING for The DAY ..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had great time at Golden Flower houseboat.The location is very quiet ,pieaceful.
so I could hear and feel the nature sounds and enjoy to see nice sunset view.
It makes me relax
The food was tasty everyday. it is homely Mam's taste.I like it!
The room and living room,dining room are so comfortable. well-maintainance and well-cleaned.
Especially the owener Mr Yakoob and his brother Mr Ayub are friendly .Mr Ayub arranged
nice day trip for me ! It was great & amazing experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Houseboat new golden flower is a nice place to stay and spend ur time near by the lake. The host and family are very friendly. The view there was very good to appercriate. If u are coming to Kashmir, this place is definatly good suggestion for ur trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in this houseboat for 5 nights, we are newely wed couple so we want everthing should be perfect because these memories are going to be remembered for whole life, after reaching houseboat every hour became memorable for us, houseboat owner yakub made everthing so easy for us, food was amazing in the houseboat, must try kashmiri kawa its very tasty, view from the houseboat is very nice, kashmir is so beautiful and safe place, must go and enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms are same neat and clean