“Super Stay”

Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very nice hotel. Lovely staff and if I visit Srinagar will surely stay here and no where else. I travelled with the Goan cricket team. And as a group we all enjoyed and had a great time. Not forgetting to mention the front office staff who were very helpful. You guys were great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank nuwanz
BatraHotel, General Manager at Batra Hotels and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hi Mr Nuwanz

Greetings from Batra Hotels and Residences.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a excellent review on TripAdvisor further to your experience at Batra Hotel Srinagar .

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to BATRA HOTEL soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a very comfortable stay at hotel Batra . The rooms are spacious and good . Food is good and being vegetarians , we loved the place . Hospitality also was good. It is located at a walkable distance from the Dal lake .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anvi30

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed in Batra Hotel for 3 nights and had a bad experience. I think this hotel is not capable of handling nuber of rooms it has, in such cold conditions. There was no running hot water on last day. Room was not properly heated. Overall my experience with this hotel wasn't good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
BatraHotel, General Manager at Batra Hotels and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

reetings from Batra Hotels and Residences,Srinagar.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on
Trip Advisor further to your experience at Batra Hotel,Srinagar.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and will definitely take all your concerns positively .

It was very unfortunate that our Hotel Motors got cracked due to minus temperature during yours stay...

We have taken few hours to change the same...

We have faced the challenge in water supply due to freezed water line of Srinagar Municipal Corporation to hotel.

Regards
Kausar JAFRI

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed at Batra in August and had a wonderful experience. As it was an off season, we were given the suite room at the same price of a executive room. It was just beautiful..wooden carvings, spacious bathrooms and a nice living room as well. Good food, generous hospitality. The best part was the beautiful big lawn just outside the hotel. You can have your meal there or simply sit and relax with lovely music playing at the background in the evening. I would suggest one to book rooms at the new wing as they are newly designed and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SpideyKushalJackson
BatraHotel, General Manager at Batra Hotels and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hi Mr Kushal,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Well .. Hotel Batra . Was it a hotel or was it my home in the valley? I would prefer calling it my home. As soon as your enter the reception area the welcoming smile of staff will win you over in the first go. The main reason that makes this hotel exceptional is the warmth and hospitality of its Manager Mr. Masroor ably assisted and supported by each and every one of the staff. When you walk into the room you will literally say wow in seeing the thoughtful layout, the fresh smelling and clean linen, the spacious bathroom, and when you sink yourself in the bed you know you will have your nicest sleep ever (away from home that is).

Batra is what I would call a "Home stay" but their staff can match any of the better 4/5 star trained staff. And where they beat them is that it is not a plastic smile pasted on their lips. They are very attentive yet very discreet.

The best experience was at Niramish Restaurant the food and bev team was excellent, thanks to Mr, Suhail F&B Manager .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raman631

Hi Mr Raman

Reviewed 21 December 2013

we get pleasantly surprised with the kind of service and facilities. Must say, a great place to be here with friends and family. It has almost all the amenities whether indoor or outdoor....rooms are nicely maintained and food is very good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hem315
BatraHotel, General Manager at Batra Hotels and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Mr Hemchandra ,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

It was a comfortable stay at this hotel ,the staff was courteous masroor saheb was great. I travel frequently to Kashmir , its very rare to get such a professional service at Srinagar. I will certainly visit the hotel again. room size is big enough, the beds were cozy and warm enough, we can have one of the best vegetarian food in the restaurant.. just need to make less spicy food so every body can enjoy it ,including the kids...

Keep it up Guys...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Neeraj ,

Greetings from Batra Hotels and Residences.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the services, delight us and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.