“Undoubtedly best HB in Kashmir ..”

WelcomHeritage Gurkha Houseboats
Ranked #8 of 135 Hotels in Srinagar
Noida, India
“Undoubtedly best HB in Kashmir ..”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Glad that I chose Gurkha H.B for my stay in Srinagar . I had 5 nights stay in Srinagar and initially I was hesitant to spent even a single night in Houseboat as I had a 4 year old kid with me and the ones I saw in Dal Lake were not upto the mark.

Luckily I booked Gurkha after speaking to Mr Iqbal and it was one of the best stays of my life . The hospitality of Gurkha is amazing and personal attention given my Mr Iqbal was commendable. He took very special care to see we get the best available room as we had a kid with us.

This is one of the cleanest and best serviced house boats in Srinagar…… away from the crowdy and dirty dal atmosphere . ….It is in nageen lake which is relatively quiet and clean place . The views from the HB are amazing … (pic attached )
The another best art was the food , again best food I had in 5 days of Kashmir .

Unfortunately I spent only one night and wish I had booked a longer stay here. …

I would strongly recommend to go for Gurkha House Boats in case you visit Srinagar…

Room Tip: All rooms are upto the mark ...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris_Sood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Thai first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is was secondly time when I Stayed in houseboat . Once it was in Kerala and Second this one in Srinagar at Nagin Lake. The Moment we reached our Houseboat ( Lotus ) Mr.Shaukat Himself welcomed us which was very warm . The room which was provided was very spacious , neat and clean as per our expectations . The View at nagin lake is breathtaking and its far away from noisy places like the one on Dal Gate and Dal Lake. One can live in peace and clam environment here . Although told by Mr.Shaukat this houseboat needs renovation badly as some of the Imp things like WC wasn't fixed properly and was moving the minute you sit on it .And the lighting in the room was very dim . I asked the crew to fix same but it all went in vain . Secondly they need to have atleast 2 kitchens running because by the time food is served from the kitchen to the last houseboat it becomes cold . The crew needs to have proper uniform which will add another feather in there presentation . I Personally don't drink tea but my wife and other family staying with us on the boat appreciated the Masala tea served to them in the evening . The options for evening snacks were limited only to vegetable Pakora's only .We wanted to try Kashmiri local snacks but couldn't do so . Over all this is considered to be one of the best houseboat so I wont thumb it down , and would recommend to stay here atleast once if you visit Kashmir .

Room Tip: Choose proper Gurkha Houseboat no Leased One ( they are better )
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeevan_Talwar
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Located in the Nagina Lake,away from the hustle bustle,the experience in the house boat is a memory for a lifetime.The rooms showcasing the rich architecture of Kashmir takes one back in time.The view of the landscape from the boat is simply breathtaking.Moreover,it gives a feel of a home,its like you're living in your own home.The staff is very courteous and always ready to render their services.
Cheers to Iqbal bhaijaan for his hospitality.It was an awesome and intense experience! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kaustubh182
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is in naagin lake. Away from hustle of dal lake.
U have to take a shiksa area from one end of dal. Which is so soothing when u first reach the place.

The boat upkeep is excellent. Their are all services available such as fridge, TV etc.
The boat which we stayed in was number 5 had two rooms.one was normal and other was a suite.

The views are so calming. The Gurkha ones are considered the best in houseboats there.
The food was good and the staff was also courteous.

There in total of 6 houseboats of Gurkha with all of them having a common kitchen where the cooking happens and is brought to the boat for serving

Also they do accept credit cards for final payments. As one wonders wether they would accept in a middle of a houseBoat :)

Stayed August 2014
Roma
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Everything is perfect: the meals, the location, the service. The view is breathtaking. We knew the director, mr. Rafiq Wangnoo, in his shop, where you can buy carpets, pashmina etc... I will come back to buy the shatush, it's a promise. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Isabellacapolei
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The houseboat is located on Lake Nagin, the quieter and more peaceful of the lakes. The facilities are idyllic and the food and service impeccable. Shikaras can be organized to visit the villages around the lakes or the fruit and vegetable market in the early morning. Maybe better still, lie out on the deck and read or watch the world glide by. We could not fault the service which was attentive but not overbearing, the food at the meals was great, local Kasmiri dishes served fresh to the table. It was serene and idyllic; we did not want to leave after three days.

Room Tip: There were three double en-suite bedrooms on the boat - we did not see the other bedrooms but ours w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Delhi
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is my 2nd stay in Gurkha Houseboat. I visited this houseboat after almost 5years & nothing has changed.. I enjoyed same as last time.. First Time, I was with my Family for 2nights & this time for 1nights with my friends (on the way to Leh).. Their food is really good.. Staff is very freindly & services are excellent.. I would specially like to say thanks to Mr. Riyaz .. If you don't want the crowded place then you should avoid DAL lake & Should stay at Nagin lake. You will really enjoy the Houseboat, view..Thanks to entire team of Gurkha & would meet again in Winter..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends