“Perfect chilly Kashmir trip Recipe : 2 nt Dares-salaam & 2 nt houseboat”
Review of Hotel Dar-Es-Salam

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Srinagar
Hotel Dar-Es-Salam
Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Srinagar
New Delhi, India
“Perfect chilly Kashmir trip Recipe : 2 nt Dares-salaam & 2 nt houseboat”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

one word.RECCOMENDED !!Upon my hubby’s insistence, we decided to have our nov vacations in the utopian Kashmir. We decided to start our trip from the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir and largest city in the Kashmir region – Srinagar. Kashmirmagic.com , a pioneer in booking honeymoon packages confirmed our bookings after we had searched almost endlessely fr 1 month & also considering to plan by ourself ( an idea which we dropped later coz of “kashmir” factors) .Theirs ws an affordable budget package The picturesque hotel of Dar Es Salam was booked as our lodging in Srinagar.

From the first look we were awestruck by the beauty of this property. The property resembled an old “Haweli” which had been converted into a boutique cottage resort. What this had ensured was that the antique interiors and sculptures were preserved and that gave the resort a different sort of feel. We were royally welcomed at the reception and were directed to our special honeymoon suite.

Our suite was around 550 sqft in area and was equipped with all modern amenities. Large windows caught my wife’s attention and she immediately opened them to capture the serene view of the sublime waters of the Nagin Lake. The lake, though not as much fashionable as the Dal Lake still had its fair share of shikaras. The next day, a shikara picked us up from the gardens of Dar Es Salam and took us on a memorable romantic voyage!! 
The owners of the hotel are from the same family and they take real care of the guests. They believe in total client engagement and their zeal and enthusiasm tends to rub on, on the crew, giving an unparalleled experience.

Sightseeing trips on auto rickshaws on the consequent days were arranged on prior basis. Based on the owner’s instructions, Abdul, our auto driver doubled up as our tourist guide and gave us a vivid trip to the Mughal Gardens, Chashmashahi, Shalimar and Nishant Bagh among others. Thus we had an amazing time at this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jassi S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Mumbai
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights form the 1st of Nov 2012 to the 5th Nov 2012. I had booked a month in advance and requested for a lake view room on mail. I was told that if available i shall be given one on check in. When i checked in on the 1st it was not available i requested & was told may be tomorrow as quite a few people are leaving. The next day on the 2nd I spoke to Mr. Hussian & was assured that if a lake view room gets empty we will be given. On the 3rd day I met a couple they mentioned to me that they had checked in yesterday on the 2nd and they did not like the room they were given & they got a lake view room by the same evening on the 2nd itself. I was grately disappointed as I had checked in a day earlier & was waiting for the same. I fail to understand why did they do this. If it was not available for us how did it become available for the other couple on the very same day I had requested.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank M0nicaMumbai
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Having stayed at the Lalit Palace in all of my visits, Dar Es Salam proved a great alternative. It's a small 14 room hotel, on Nagin Lake, built in 1931, elegantly furnished, with 2 superb lounges on both floors. The manicured gardens are treat to the eyes.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank nkm111
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at the Dar-Es-Salam hotel on the last leg of our tour and couldnt have been happier that our trip ended on such a nice note.

The hotel is located on the banks of Nigeen Lake, and being the only hotel there it gives you a sense of privacy without being too far from town.

The property is surrounded by extremely well maintained gardens which had the most exquisite flowers. Best place to relax, have a cuppa tea, read a book or just enjoy the views. If you wanted to take a shikara ride on the lake you can literally hire one on the bank without leaving the property.

Kudos to the people behind the tasteful decor. It's got an old english charm about it with a mix of traditional Kashmiri furniture. Rooms are spacious and cozy! Nothing makes me happier than a clean toilet in India and out of the 4 hotels we had stayed at during my entire Kashmir trip this was the best.

Breakfast was great with a view of the garden. Dinner was traditional Kashmiri cuisine however they can organize other cuisines on advance requests.

And last but not the least service was top notch. Mr. Khurram who runs the place takes the time to chat with every guest and takes personal interest in making sure you are comfortable.

Loved our stay here!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the 1st level with a view of the Nigeen Lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Mona_Amin
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We got the opportunity to spend 2 nights at the hotel out of three as we spent a night on a house boat which we all regretted. Khurram has done a wonderful job in keeping the heritage of the building intact which in turn emits a very warm and cosy atmosphere to its guests. The lawn, lounge, dining area etc., are all very immaculately maintained. Personally my favourite was the lounge on the first floor as it reminded me of the old clubs in Calcutta and Darjeeling.Our room was very strategically located overlooking the Nagin Lake which was extremely beautiful. Not to forget the staff without their hard work it would be impossible to keep the standard of the hotel as high as it is. The location of the hotel is also a plus point as its a bit away from all the hustle bustle of the
city. If we visit Srinagar ever again I would surely stay at Dar Es Salam. Kudos to Khurram and to all his staff. Keep up the good job.

Room Tip: Before finalising a hotel going through its reviews is extremely helpful. It gives you a basic idea...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Milon R
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We chose Hotel Dar-Es-Salaam to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary in September. We stayed here for six nights and every day was a memorable one. I cannot find words to describe our stay.. The location and surroundings were mind blowing. Staff were very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Credit goes to Quuram for keeping the hotel, rooms, gardens etc to a very high standard. We requested for a room with a lake view on our arrival and were given one next day. There are so many nice places to visit eg Gulmarg,Phalgaon, Sonamarg and many, many more. One should never miss Shikara ride. We took Shikara from our hotel (Lake Nagin) to Dal lake and spent 5 hours on it and this was the most exciting experience of our life. My husband and I would like to thank Mr Quuram and his staff to make our dream come true. We would like to come back again sometime - may be on our 40th wedding anniversary. Vijay (mrs) and Mukesh Dutta .

Room Tip: Room 10 has got a very good view of a lake and its surroundings.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vijay D
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed here in Mar 2012.
Came to know about this place on trip advisor, the hotel photographs & location just looked superb; was a bit skeptical as this place is not advertised well. However trusting the reviews here called up the hotel for reservation.

Personal Attention -
From the first call till my last day at the hotel the experience was superlative. (I also stayed at Lalit Grand Palace for a couple of days towards the end of my vacation)
Mr. Khurram, the owner gave me a personal walk through of the boutique hotel when I stepped in while my check-in was being processed. (do you get this at a 5 Star? probably you're just asked to wait and have your welcome drink:-))
I planned my tour of 8days, so had no inter-city travel bookings, Mr. Khurram helped with those too.
I'd like to thank Khurram for making the start of my Vacation in Kashmir so memorable. hats off & thumbs-up! I'd be visiting again for sure.

Hotel Interiors -
Photographs on trip advisor speaks for it.
Rooms are decent enough. No complaints (for those with complaints, i'd like to remind this is not a 5 star.)
Awesome ambiance; I didn't get a lake facing room, however the hotel has so many places to sit outside, that you won't really miss it.
Clean. well maintained garden.

Staff - helpful
food - I only had breakfast at hotel which was good. I wanted to try local delicacies, so had other meals in local famous restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends