The moment you enter the lobby, you will regret booking at this place. It gives a very old look. I guess they were aiming for heritage look.
Rooms are average. Only good thing is that the rooms are huge. Washroom is below average.
We checked-in in room no. 9 and soon noticed that there was a horrible sewage smell in the room. We complained and were tried to shift to two more adjacent room but in vain as same prob existed there as well. Finally at 11 pm in the night, we were given a royal suite which was supposedly their best room. Forget the placement of TV(it cannot be seen while you are sitting on the bed) as they have put it at one side of the bed. Again the room was huge but this time there was no water in the washroom(we were finally relieved to get rid of that stinky sewage smell). After complaining Plumbers came and could solve the prob only by 1Am at night. Worthless to mention that 1 day in Srinagar was already spoilt due to this incident. Our second night at the hotel and the staff wont pick the room service call even at 7 am in the morning. We went to reception and saw that most of the staff members were sleeping in the hotel lobby and conference room.
Finally we managed to wake One of them up to order our breakfast. Food is Pathetic. They will put too much spices in their Kashmiri chicken and the paneer was hard to chew. Saag was the worst i had.
I think they are charging too much for what they are offering. Room rent was Rs. 7000(inclusive of all the meals) but the meals are not even worth it neither is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled under the mighty Zabarwan Mountains and just 10 minutes walk from world famous Dal Lake, lies Heevan Resort. It is located at an altitude of 1,700 Meters and in the heart of Kashmir Valley - Srinagar. The Luxury Resort is in the vicinity of world famous Mughal Garden- Nishat. Hotel has 40 spacious, exclusively furnished deluxe rooms and suites with all modern facilities. The Hotel has a Coffee Lounge "Samovar", a multi-cuisine restaurant, "Dilkusha", and a banquet hall "Majlis" for nearly 200 people. There is a 24-hour attentive room service, indoor and outdoor games like Badminton and Tennis which ensures you a comfortable stay in the scintillating surroundings of Kashmir. A dedicated travel desk takes care of all your travel needs, arranging sightseeing and other leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heevan Resort Srinagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heevan Resort Srinagar Hotel Srinagar
- Heevan Resort Srinagar Asia - Kashmir