All reviews house boat peaceful place kashmiri dishes wonderful experience rami lake houseboat
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Kashmir to celebrate my birthday and stayed in this beautiful house boat for 1 night. I can't express myself the beauty around us and the stay was awesome.service was excellent and staff was very professional. food served was also very tasty.
We have carried lot of good memories.
It was my best birthday in house boat(really got peace of mind).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I had a lovely time staying here with my best mate, the service was top top! Shafi, Latif and Sagar treated us like a family and will always be remembered in my heart! Rafik the boss was very hospitable and catered to all of our needs, including tours, amazing food and anything else we may of needed! I would 100% recommend the tours to the Himalayas we spent two days living with an amazing family who looked after us like their own children. I have never felt so content and happy. Sagar made the most amazing food for our breakfast and dinner, catering to our needs as we are veggie and another guy we lived with was vegan. As it says on the tin paradise on earth!!

Room Tip: everyone is lovely, all hand made wooden carved!!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2018

To wake on Nigeen lake to the sun floating over the water, warming the reflection of the Mughal castle as the eagles howl and the kingfishers dip and glide is truly unique. Coming in the winter time you can see your breath infront of you but the wood fires on the boat soon ease the cold and you can happily toast your toes near the heat. The service is extremely attentive, you wake to Latif exclaiming 'hello sir!' to some warm Kashmiri tea. Rafiq (Bossman) tries his upmost best and means well. We went into the mountains to stay with a Gypsy family, who were truly a joy and are greatly missed - the children were hilarious! and in particular Shafi one of the guides provides an unlimited amount of laughs that are at once effortless and also informative. Expect a few imperfections such as the lights cutting out once in a while but this merely adds to the experience and the generator will soon provide the light needed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Right on nigeen lake, not far from city. Very welcoming and hospitable. Trips out were ok. Electricity interesting in winter, expect to be plunged into darkness, although there is a generator on the boat.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018

the boat was alright, but it was a terrible experience. I paid around 1200 dollars total for being there for days, 575 dollars for 4 day trips with guide and i did not use the 4. Shila also beware of him the son of rafiq.
Also i came in january so it was cold, never electricity from 06 am to about 09 am. So many bad things to count that i cannot fathom everything please feel free to ask questions.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo