“Amazing houseboat, nice crew, peaceful...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 48 reviews

Reviews from our community

DaveOnARa...
“Amazing houseboat, nice crew, peaceful atmosphere, beautiful nature”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I spent 3 weeks in Kashmir and felt like in heaven. The houseboats are amazing and have their own kind of peaceful atmosphere. The people here took good care of me and the local food is amazing! Whoever comes here should think about joining a trekking tour to the mountains. Met some nice people here and had some unforgetable moments and experiences. Thank you Kashmir and Lalarukh houseboat crew for this amazing holiday!

Date of stay: August 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jürgen W
“great experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

great experience, very nice and helpful family, awesome atmosphere in the the Himalayas, bike rental was completely uncomplicated, powerful bikes, accommodation nice, always with ac, luxury hotel in the end for relaxing, good end of the whole trip, service very good, wishes get fulfilled, family is definitely flexible, driver was fun and kind, reliable (everyone). to sum it up, the family, its friends and employees are very helpful, reliable and flexible concerning the wishes of their costumers. i can definitely recommend them.

Date of stay: July 2016
How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Freunden
Lithium_S...
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Perfect first stay in Kashmir”
Reviewed 7 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This was my first stay in India, and I couldn't have picked a better place. The family there practically adopted me, they are so warm and friendly. They knew I didn't have a clue what to do or where to visit. They provide all meals, you can eat with the family or on your own boat no worries. They picked me up from Srinagar airport, took me out during the day to the old town, local shops, fixed me up with a 3G sim card, took me to Mosques, and they organise trekking trips. They took care of everything, the jeep to pick us up, the ponies, the food, the tents, the guide, even warm clothes and boots if you need them. The boats are designed in a lovely wooden style, comfortable double bed, en suite bathroom, wifi in the rooms, and of course situated in the beautiful peaceful Dahl Lake! Even after I had left them we stayed in touch, and they continued to be very helpful. They helped me buy a motorbike and unfortunately I had an accident. I phoned them and they took care of me, taking me to the hospital, and looking after me. Would certainly recommend to all!

Date of stay: June 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
HKN20
“Enthralling Experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

It was a great stay here ...
Reason 1)) Delivered what they promised
Reason 2)) Hospitality as expected
Reason 3)) All 3 gentlemen who take care of this houseboat Mr.Ahmed & Family, including our cab driver "Farooq", and the facility incharge "The Great Mr.Abdullah" ... make your stay feel comfortable and gives you every reason to revisit ...
Thanks to all

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
indepthin...
McLeod Ganj, India
“Very well looked after!”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I arrived with the intention of staying for 10 days and left after 20! I was treated wonderfully, so well looked after, which was a great relief as a solo female traveler. The food was delicious and they were happy to cater to me being vegetarian. Nothing was too much trouble. They arranged sightseeing day trips (both local and a little further afield) and a weekend getaway to beautiful Pahalgam and Aru. I also joined their trekking trip for 3 nights > 4 days and received the same high level of care and attention as a solo traveler in this environment. I will most definitely return. Highly recommended for both short and long stays.

Date of stay: March 2016
How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
RashiB79
New Delhi, India
“Loved it”
Reviewed 6 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

It's was a really calm and soothing place! Thank you Mr. Suhail Ahmed and another Mr. Ahmed to take care of our needs. It was a wonderful experience indeed more than I expected. Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2016
Travelling group: Young Children
Sham1967
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic relaxing and fun”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed on the boats several days on our trip to Srinagar and found the experience as did our daughter thoroughly enjoyable. The service was excellent and whatever we needed was provided. The Lalaruk houseboats we stayed on were absolutely spectacular in terms of decor and the beds were very comfortable and the facilities and food provided were excellent. Our little girl loved being on the boats and enjoying the fun and thrills of watching people go by on the shikaras (taxi boats). She was free to run up and down and around and was made to feel very special by everyone. We made the place our home for many days and there is something very special about staying on the lake which helps you relax and slow down. The location is great and we enjoyed many shikara rides on Daal and Nagin Lakes again organised by the staff. The staff led by and including Suhail and Younis are very helpful and such good fun to spend time with and chit chat aswell as for advice on what to do for excursions. We were absolutely delighted with all the help support and fun they provided for us all throughout our stay. We will be returning very soon. Thank you to everyone for making our holiday so special.

Date of stay: April 2016
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything was fabulous
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.