“Amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dakota h
“Amazing”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Wow! What a welcoming and friendly family owned business. No complaints. Food is delicious.recommended to everyone we meet.

Marc S
east london
“Hosts you can TRUST in the Kashmir”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I first came to the Kashmir in 2016 and was heavily ripped off by a family who operate a guest house and house boat in Srinagar. So when I returned I was very nervous of a repeat situation. This is a stark reality when visiting Srinagar unfortunately. It seems my second experience was the opposite of the first. Suhail and his family are incredible hosts with excellent local knowledge, they provided my group with great information and options for our time on the Lake. Not to mention the food we enjoyed, the famed Kashmir Wazwan, I have had it before, but the Wazwan on La La Rukh was by far the best. They do their best to make you feel at home, they can arrange drinks on the Shikaras as well as after hour rides on the lake, I suggest a late night lake excusion, once the hustle and bustle of the markets have died down, you can drift under the moonlight, a really great experience. I would definitely recommend Lalarukh houseboats and will certainly return. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Wifi works well, a fridge is there to keep your drinks cold!

28 Aug 2017
Mohd Shafi K, Owner at Lalarukh Houseboats, responded to this review
Responded 16 July 2017
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor.com. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

suhail ahmad
Getaway71...
“Beautiful Kashmir”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Thank you Suhail for an amazing stay on your beautiful houseboat in Srinagar.

We loved every minute of our stay. You took care of everything, from the amazing and delicious home-cooked meals, to our excursions and all our transportation! We felt very well taken care of and we didn't need to fret about all the details - you took care of everything!

This is a beautiful part of the country, and well worth a visit. We know some people are concerned about travelling to Jammu and Kashmir because of political unrest, but we never felt concerned, threatened or in any danger. In fact, it was the opposite - everyone was so welcoming! We recommend Lalrukh houseboats for a fantastic stay. Special shout out to Abdullah who treated us so well.

Highly recommend this company for a stay that we will always remember!

Tom & Carolyn

25 Aug 2017
response:

suhail ahmad
Gregory R
“Great travel experience”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The family that I stayed with was wonderful. They cook for you, they drive you to the main sites, and they can arrange for treks as well. If you are coming to see Kashmir, this is the best way to do it. The rooms in the boathouse are quite large, much better than any hostel I had found in Delhi or Kashmir. I had never stayed in a boathouse before this, but it was a really unique experience. Definitely give them a shout if you're heading to Srinagar.

17 Aug 2017

sgree100
London, United Kingdom
“How Can I thank you enough.”
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The houseboat with two double bedrooms was marvellous.The view is spectacular looking across a beautiful lake at the the mountains with snow on.The house boats were beautiful to look at and entertaining to learn about.Mr. Suhail goes out of his way to make sure that every guest is getting the most out of their visit to Kashmir. Whether it is arranging cars, tours, meals, or anything you can imagine he does it. Really wonderful experience and can't wait to go back.

anilbj197...
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Lanarkshire houseboat for 2 days. I must say that we had best experience here. The food was great. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the houseboat. The staff was generous. Had fabulous time.

benviewer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent hospitality!”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The family at Lalarukh took great care of me whilst I was staying in Srinigar. Breakfast and dinner were served everyday and we were taken care of very well. Highly recommend Srinigar!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing