“Big Chill in Ladakh”
Review of Botho Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leh
Botho Guesthouse
Ranked #120 of 192 Leh B&B and Inns
Berlin
“Big Chill in Ladakh”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

i was in ladakh last year. a friend recommended botho guesthouse because he was there last year too. thinles and sonum are very friendly. their homemade food is awesome. it felt like i was at home. shey is a great place to relaxe. i was at thiksey monastery quite often - a beautiful place. i enjoyed the sunset many times at the ruins of old shey palace - a stunning view. I´m looking forward to my next visit to ladakh - and my next visit at botho house.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank rob_miller84

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at Botho Guesthouse before it was Botho Guesthouse. I did stay in this exact guesthouse for about 10 months. I lived here while teaching at Druk White Lotus School in Shey village. I have never had an experience like this one before in my life. The family made me a part of their family. I miss them now, today, just as I would miss my own family. Every morning, Sonam, the mother of the house, would bring me tea and breakfast, always trying her best to bring me the things I liked the most. I was greeted all day everyday with smiles from Sonam, Thinles, and grandfather. There is NO other place I would ever think to stay while in Ladakh, This is a true Ladakhi experience. It is extremely easy to get to the main city of Leh from the Botho house. The walk to the main road is very short (especially if you stay in the all new Botho Guesthouse) and buses run by about every 20-30 minutes. All you have to do is extend your hand out, down by your side and the bus will stop for you. It is very nice to stay outside the main city in a smaller village, because you do get a truer experience of what it is like to live in Ladakh. And the sky at night - there is nothing like it. Stay at this place. That is the best advice you will ever get....in your entire life. :) Okay. But it is GREAT advice. I love you Botho family!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Jules2970
Blieskastel
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Shey i a lovely place and very quiet. as leh was too crowded, i wanted to stay at a rural place - and found shey. thinles and sonum are very nice people. especially i enjoyed the ladakhi food. transportation was indded a geat experience. it was very easy to get to leh. small vans are running the whole day. you just have to wait a bit at the road.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo