“Warm stay with friendly people.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Nalanda Ladakh
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Leh
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We spent 6 days in Nalanda during our tour of Ladak. It was a nice experience for us. The rooms were cosy and nice with a balcony.

The food was good and the staff were very friendly and efficient.

We had the pleasure of going out with Kunzes ma'am who helped us with shopping in leh. A very warm and friendly person indeed.

Food was good....do not expect a grand variety here. But its hot and tasty.

Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank nandu_anand
HotelNalandaLadakh, Manager at Hotel Nalanda Ladakh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Greetings from Hotel Nalanda Ladakh.

This is really fortunate enough for the Hotel Nalanda Ladakh to have such a great appreciation from the esteemed guest and accordingly we are taking opportunity to thank you very much to spare time out of your busy schedule to write a awesome review on Trip Advisor about the hotel management, services ,food and hospitality that you have practically experienced during your stay at our Hotel.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Nalanda Ladakh.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay in Ladakh wouldn't have been complete without the stay in Hotel Nalanda. Mr Tashi and Mr Nubroo made us as conformable as our home.All our needs and requests were fulfilled by them happily.Rooms are good,clean and comfortable and the food is upto mark.
Its proximity to the main Leh market makes it a must place to stay.It is highlyrecommended place to stay.

Sudhish & Swati Nair
Mumbai

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The stay at Hotel Nalanda was a memorable experience for us. The term "Hospitality" here was the warmth in the greetings and service given to us, by the owner and the staff.

Special Thanks to :
Norbo for the concern shown while i was sick during the first 2 days. (He actually drove to the market to get me medicines late in the night). Also he arranged an excellent driver and vehicle. (Believe me, the drive plays an important role in the entire trip, he can make it unforgettable journey or just ruin it.)

Owner for helping us plan out trip better and suggested changes to make our trip wonderful.

Awesome food, specially the Chinese, buffet breakfast menu and desserts (specially the fruit salad.... hmmm, just amazing). A small flower garden to spend some good time. Comfortable beds and clean washrooms.

Lastly, excellent staff to support. Will service you will all their heart without expectation.

Not so important but has WIFI connectivity and is available to all without questions.

Room Tip: Rooms of the first floor should be preferred against the ground floor. Though both are equally good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 August 2014

For those who don't have much time to read reviews. The title should say it all. If you want better rooms in the same price range and in the vicinity of this hotel, Nalanda wouldn't be my # 1 choice. The Lotus Hotel and Hotel The Palace are better options. That being said, the owner of Nalanda is very accommodating and I don't think you would get better services from the other two hotels.

My story begins here:

I recently booked 3 nights for Nalanda on Agoda.com. When I got to the hotel, the owner told me that they had been having poor internet connections and weren't aware of my booking. And thus all the rooms had been sold out completely. I believe they were telling the truth but still, this is poor planning and should've been easily avoided. Later I found the same thing happened to another small group of people the next day.

It was a bit frustrating, but the owner was extremely apologetic and accommodating. So that's why I stayed at three different hotels for three nights (Lotus, Nalanda and The Palace).

All three hotels are around $50/night; and below is a quick comparison based on my experience:

Room:

The Palace had THE best room. I stayed in 304, which has a gorgeous view of Shanti Stupa and the room is three times the size of Nalanda's, and twice that of Lotus. However, hot water was a problem with The Palace and I didn't encounter any issues with Nalanda or Lotus.

Location:

All three are pretty close to each other. But in my opinion, The Palace has the best location due to its distance from the Leh Palace and the main market (Main Bazaar area). Lotus and Nalanda aren't bad though (it took me about 15 minutes to walk from either hotel to the Leh Palace, but I walk pretty fast).

Food:

I really like Nalanda's breakfast buffet. Their porridge is amazing and they have fruits, which are something Lotus and The Palace don't have. Lotus's masala tea is the best among the three and I don't like The Palace's breakfast at all.

Noise:

For the night I stayed at The Palace, I woke up at 4am to catch my return flight. So I don't know the noise level at The Palace in the morning. But Lotus was definitely a lot noisier than Nalanda.

Other:

None of the three hotels have very clean towels. They are white but they are also kind of black - you know... And I saw the guy at The Palace who was supposed to change my towels and I don't think he washed his hands. Call me picky but if cleanness is something you care about, I suggest that you bring your own towel(s).

Room Tip: Make sure you call ahead to confirm your booking, if you booked online.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dianranguoqu
HotelNalandaLadakh, Owner at Hotel Nalanda Ladakh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for almost a week and it was excellent hotel to stay and the staff are cordial and supportive.The hotel manager is very helpful, he arranged sight seeing to Nubra valley , Pongong lake and other local sight seeing. The food quality is very good and room are very clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It's a good stay @nalanda ladakh...but its too hot during Aug time...the room was very hot in the morning and cool in the night....the fan was at different place and bed was at difeerent place...we did not get proper rest in the morning due to that....one other thing was bathroom was very big and no exhaust...by keeping these two things aside,staff was very good and helpful....as the hotel was bit far from main road,its difficult to go our for shopping...overall its a good stay...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
HotelNalandaLadakh, General Manager at Hotel Nalanda Ladakh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If u come to a place like leh either u go for the view or for the location. This one offers neither. Have to hire a taxi to get to the main market n restaurants. N view is a small garden from most rooms. Have seen places with better locations around.

The food, basic indian stuff is excellent and homely.

• Stayed: August 2014