I was there for 5 nights with my wife to celebrate my first anniversary. First word when we entered the room was 'Beautiful' . The cherry on cake 'Mr.Lotus' who owns and manages this place. Let me rate it more specifically:
1. LOCATION - Away from the city, we didn't mind because that was the idea, beautiful location
2. ROOMS - Are actually Huts, which might look ordinary from outside but is really beautiful from inside with attached bath and good facilities in the room including a 40'inch LCD with TATA sky.
3 FOOD - I am not exaggerating but the food was superb, surprisingly in a place like Leh, where you won't get good food in the city restaurants, food in this hotel was really very very hygenic and tasty.
4. STAFF - Really very helpful and humble, pure pahadi attitude which makes you feel what sort of people we are missing in cities. Especially Mr.Lotus was really helpful throughout. He was very effortlessly humble and helpful, really appreciate all of them and thankful too.
ALSO attaching photos of the HUT i stayed in with surroundings, hope it's helpful to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Ladakh Sarai the intention is inherent in building vivid experiences that inculcate a true sense of the culture and traditions of the land. And while we ensure our essence remains intact, we strive to re-create your stay in a brand new way. The premises of Ladakh Sarai are now home to an additional building that overlooks the Stok Range of the Himalayas and has unrivaled views of the quaint and surreal village of Saboo. Rise at the break of dawn to watch Himalayan Hues and shape shifting clouds dance around a mighty range of mountains. Experience the jagged peaks of Stok Kangri be covered overnight by a white sheet of snow. Step out onto the deck of your private balcony for an early morning session of Yoga in the stillness of your surroundings. An abiding amalgamation of comfort and luxury with nature, the grounds of Ladakh Sarai offer a profound sense of peace and solitude seldom found elsewhere. Six beautifully appointed mud huts, 4 Duplex family suit with two private balconies in each Duplex, 5 beautifully chalet rooms with separate living room and private balconies. Each the rooms over looking the beautiful Stok Range. Two heritage rooms an old Ladakhi family home of 150 years of History now adorn Ladakh Sarai as our Heritage Wing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ladakh Sarai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ladakh Sarai Leh