“I miss my Indian family!”

Laika Boutique Stay
Ranked #1 of 616 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Laika, Ajith and their have built a wonderful atmosphere around their places and have created a space which immediately makes you feel welcome and at home. The rooms are spacious, clean, and decorated with much love. The bathrooms are great and the shower hot and with great pressure. A strong Internet signal and great living room areas as well as a balcony to sit on. My boyfriend and I stayed for four nights and had an amazing time. The breakfast is simply the greatest I've ever tasted and Laika and Ajith are such gracious hosts, offering help with organizing transfers, helping us plan the day, giving us advice on what to visit and where to eat, took us on walks and were just like parents to us. Their son took us to their second home in Mahseer valley which was also wonderfully located and we immensely enjoyed the trip. This place is well worth the money. I wish I could have stayed longer. Hope to be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2014

After a back breaking, nerve stretching,long car journey from Hampi to walk into this calm, quiet oasis was lovely. It was the cleanest of all the homestays I stayed at in December and early January.Comfy bed, lovely well appointed bathroom and well situated just off M.G.Road Bangalore's major road within walking distance of a restaurant and a couple of tourist shops. Laika took me shopping which was fun especially as I am a none shopper. I would recommend this to anyone especially if like me you are travelling alone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying in Laika for three nights in the first week of January. Laika is centrally located, very close to Trinity Circle. As most taxi drivers are unsure of common landmarks, it is advisable to call Laika and let them guide the taxis.

The rooms are very spacious with nice beds. There is also plenty of living space outside the rooms.

Laika and Ajith gave us free access to the refrigerator to store our food items, mostly for my daughter who is a very picky eater. They also gave valuable advice on transportation, shopping etc. (e.g. Mother Earth for ethnic clothes at the Mantri Mall). We will definitely stay here next time we visit Bangalore.

Additional tips: Adiga's at the Trinity Metro stop is a cheap and reliable South Indian restaurant. There is also a small kiosk just outside Laika that can provide you with bread, milk, soft drinks etc.

For transportation, it is advisable to use call Taxis such as Meru Cabs instead of relying on auto rickshaws. It is a nightmare bargaining down their stratospheric prices. When they agree to use the meter, the meters run so fast that a taxi would have been cheaper.

Room Tip: The rooms have different alignments and configurations, as Laika was originally conceived as an apar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We came back this year because we enjoyed last year's visit so much. If anything,this year's visit was even better. Our hosts,Laika and Ajith,made everything seem relaxed and uncomplicated, and their company was always interesting and entertaining.We had a small party on the night we arrived,singing and playing music together,with some very funny moments,in excellent company. Later,we celebrated my wife,Franzi's,birthday with a trip to one of Bangalore's many micro breweries.Ajith and Laika then helped us plan what turned out to be our best holiday so far in India.We returned to Laika Home stay early in December after many adventures,and went to Mahseer Valley with Ajith for a few days. A wonderful place with an amazing variety of wildlife. The hospitality afforded us by Laika and Ajith was unbeatable,rounded off by dinner in their company at the Bangalore Club on our last evening.Marvelous! Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Bang in the middle of bustling Bangalore off M.G. Road (can’t get any more central), is a hidden gem - a quant B&B that is most conveniently located – close to shopping, restaurants, theatres etc. Down a quiet lane, Laika’s Boutique Stay is nestled in a quiet neighborhood where I woke up every morning to birds chirping outside my window. Tasteful décor around the property, be it the living room or the guest rooms which are relatively large, makes for a very comfortable stay. Rooms are extremely clean, well maintained and have amenities like cable TV, Wifi etc. What makes this B&B special are the hosts Ajith and Laika. Long time Bangaloreans with a wealth of information on sightseeing, shopping, restaurant and bar recommendations, they go out of their way to ensure your stay is comfortable. I happened to throw my back out during my stay in Bangalore and Laika took the trouble to find a doctor and physiotherapist for me to visit (made my flight back to the US bearable). A hearty breakfast of Indian dishes, western fare of cereals any style eggs w/ toast and an array of jams and seasonal fruit get you started for the day. Evening at the B&B can be interesting affair with several guests hanging out together either at the B&B or head out to a bar and restaurant nearby. Laika and Ajith are generally an integral part of these gatherings which typically make for interesting conversations with lots of laughs and several new friends are made in the process. During my 1 week stay, several repeat customers happened to be staying there as well which is testament to the hospitality and unique experience one has at Laika’s. I would highly recommend Laika’s Boutique Stay - a B&B which makes one feel right at home made special by a pair of hosts that make it memorable. I’ll back again!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ALoganadan
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The place itself is ok however the gestures of friendliness from the owners mean that before you know it you are spending a lot of time with them. They offer you an itinerary but Laika will offer to take you or accompany you shopping to shops she knows and this is not always what you want. When I did not follow their recommendations on certain matters, the show of friendliness often gave way to unpleasantness and rudeness and this made me feel unwelcome and unsure of how to react during my one-month stay. This has been my personal experience and I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank rsngr2013
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Perfect location in the centre of Bangalore. The clean rooms have very tasteful interior. The best standard,that we had on our Indian trip. The heartly welcome, the familiar atmosphere and the staff service made our stay very convenient. The helpful recommendations for our further trips were magnificent. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple