“Real hospitality. Utterly charming...”

Laika Boutique Stay
Ranked #1 of 595 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed two nights at Laika in July 2014, and had a wonderful time. The owners, Laika and Ajith, are perfect hosts. It was my first time in Bangalore and I felt like I was staying with friends in their home.

My room was simply but elegantly furnished and spotlessly clean. The AC worked well, WiFi was faultless, the sat TV had more channels than I'd ever need and the bed was firm, fresh and very comfortable. The bathroom had plenty of hot water, fluffy towels, fresh air and the delicate scent of the locally-made sandalwood soap - which I currently have in my shower at home!

Breakfast was a lovingly served blend of western and South Indian delights, including homemade jams and delicious, freshly prepared sambhar and idlis. It set me up for the day both physically and mentally.

But the best thing about staying at Laika is the time you'll be able to spend with two of the most gracious hosts one could ever wish to meet... I spent the first night drinking a couple of local beers with Ajith on his terrace, talking about fishing, before he took me to a restaurant around the corner for a fantastic thali dinner. I can't begin to explain what a wonderful time I had, and how much I appreciated Ajith's thoughtful and generous gesture.

I heartily recommend a stay at Laika for anyone visting Bangalore, whether on business or leisure. Thank you, Laika and Ajith. I'll be back, if you'll have me!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CookieMonster007

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place was recommended to me by my cousin in Liverpool, UK. I didn't expect anything more than a family-run B&B. My first impression on arrival there was pleasant. I liked what I saw. The décor was to my taste, and the room was very clean and inviting. The interior of Laika was tastefully done with attention to detail.
Naren, Ajith and Laika's son welcomed me and showed me to my room, since his parents were travelling.
The breakfasts are continental and regional, where I chose to eat all the regional dishes which was tasty. Ajith would accompany the guests for breakfast, and regale us with his many adventurous stories. The staff (husband and wife team) were polite, helpful and took good care of the guests and rooms.
I had booked the room only for 4 days initially, giving myself the opportunity to 'run' away after that, if the B&B was not to my liking. I ended up staying for 20 days because I felt so much at home, thanks to their hospitality, warmth, lovely regional food, and making me feel totally at home. Laika and I would go for shopping trips and spa together, sometimes tucking in some sinful desserts and chai at tea-time. It was a sisterhood experience for me making me nostalgic with memories and making me miss the warmth of my people. At the same time, they left me alone to do my personal work that I had come for. I liked staying there so much that I persuaded my friend who was visiting from the US, to come and stay there too, which she and her husband did.
I hope that Laika B&B never change, or become too commercial because it is this very warmth and hospitality that Laika and Ajith show towards their guests that make it extremely unique, personal and caring, and makes us want to come back again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mary Z
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We decided to stay at Laika after reading all the good reviews on tripadvisor. The rooms were very clean & comfortable and the breakfast was amazing. Without your knowledge you start to relax once you enter the place. After reading so many reviews about Ajith and Laika's hospitality it was disappointing to miss them as they were travelling, but their son Naren was very welcoming and took good care of us. Aashish & Rema (staff) made sure you are pampered with a very delicious breakfast and were very helpful and accommodative to suggestions. I very much recommend Laika to any one who wants a relaxing atmosphere to unwind and still be in the heart of the city

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It's hard to express in words the incredible experience I enjoyed with Laika and Ajith. This is truly a gem of a guest house centrally located in Bangalore. Both of them display such passion for what they are doing with the main objective of ensuring their guests are cared for. The guest house is beautifully designed and decorated with great attention to detail. They have a small dedicated staff who take pride in their work - breakfast highlights Indian cuisine and homemade jams - yummy! But the best part of staying at Laika's is both Laika and Ajith themselves. They are gracious hosts who have many interests and love India, and want you to love India too! They over extend themselves to help me during my stay including taking me shopping, for a spa treatment and getting a package sent out...along with inviting me to come along with them on an incredible road trip! I've made friends for life!! On top of this they have an vast network to connect you with people and places, even arranging for accommodations in other parts of India, but make sure Laika negotiates the deal for you...she's amazing! There is no other place to stay in Bangalore except at Laika's. It's a first class - 5 star guest house, with over the top owners...I highly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone, whether you are traveling for pleasure or business...Pamela Thorsch, Chair, International Affairs Board, City of San Diego - US

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Words cannot describe how amazing Ajith and Laika are who own this beautiful oasis in the middle of Bangalore. We felt blessed to have found this idyllic hotel with its spotless rooms delicious breakfasts with fresh fruit juices, fresh fruit, toast eggs and a delicious indian breakfast too. They went above and beyond to make our trip an extraordinary one with, Laika even taking us into town in her own car. They gave us so much care and attention that I actually started to feel like part of their family.
This review may be gushing but is written with genuine warmth and wholeheartedness.
We didn't want to leave. I actually cried - sad but true!
Can't wait to go back and experience their unimaginable kindness all over again.
I hope that Ajith and Laika win the TRIP ADVISOR BEST HOTEL AWARD as they thoroughly deserve it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank julie r
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at Laika for a few nights with a friend in April and when it was time to leave I didn't want to go. Ajith and Laika were such wonderful hosts; took very good care of me and were hugely helpful with suggestions and advice. I enjoyed getting to know them and look forward to coming back to Bangalore soon just to stay with them again. Our room was lovely, clean, comfortable. Coming back to Laika felt like coming back home at the end of the day. The breakfast was delicious with lots of options (fresh fruit, juice, tea/coffee, eggs and toast made to order, and Indian dishes). The area it is in is residential but it was easy to get to places, to the metro, and to the great micro brewery Arbos Brewery. I very much recommend this bed and breakfast as the place to stay in Bangalore.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my second trip to stay with Ajith and Laika at their beautiful hotel and it was again an amazing experience. This time I brought my father and brother and we spent 7 days researching some family history in Bangalore (an ancestor was in the East India Company). Ajith and Laika were incredible, and introduced us to so many people who could help too. They love to assist people who are searching for their roots in India- not to mention their guesthouse is spotless and comfortable, and the breakfasts are amazing. I don't have enough words to thank them. Please come and experience their hospitality for yourselves.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family