“The never-say-no attitude!”
Review of The Paul Bangalore

The Paul Bangalore
Ranked #10 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at The Paul for almost 10 days and I have to admit, it's quite hard to find anything displeasing about this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and has a unique appeal to it. Situated very close to noisy Domlur commercial area, it still manages to be a quiet resting recluse for travelers.

We were upgraded to a suite with two rooms, a living area and a bar. The interiors was done tastefully, but the little flower petal decoration done by housekeeping staff on beds, in bathrooms was simply marvelous! The mattress was very comfortable and helped my back a lot. The staff is very warm, helpful and courteous and they go out of their way to help - one thing that really stands out. No matter what you request for, you will never hear a no from the staff. The room-service is fast and my special thanks to the chef for making broccoli risotto on my special request! In fact the lady who picked room service calls everyday knew my order the moment I mentioned my room no. Very personalized service which is greatly appreciated! The housekeeping staff works diligently and are very helpful. Once I was stuck out of my room as my key charged out, and they helped me in my room immediately. One of them ran down to get me a new key as well. The wi-fi connectivity was good. Although we faced some problems for the first day, it was fixed and ran smoothly thereon. The cars provided by the hotel are in very good condition. The chauffeurs are English-speaking and very courteous. All in all, it was a delightful stay at The Paul !

Some suggestions: The breakfast buffet spread was good but was cold each day. The items that were cooked on order were served hot, but something should be done to keep the prepared spread warm as well. Also, the shower gel and shampoo were stuck like a mousse in the container and would not come out on any amount of shaking. Very minor things, but should be looked into.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NishaBothra
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest

We are glad that you liked our suites which are carefully conceived and designed to offer unlimited luxury to the discerning travellers like you.

Staff is the biggest asset to any organization and we are fortunate to have one of the best team to take care of our guests. I have conveyed your kind words of appreciation to staff who are happy to hear that we could contribute to your stay.

I have taken a good note of your suggestions on buffet breakfast and housekeeping amenities and they will be acted upon soon.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Paul Bangalore on your next visit soon. I recommend you to visit our Irish Pub “Murphy’s Brewhouse” this time, it is worth it.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This lovely hotel with staff and service if anything a bit 'over the top ' is one that you would like to give 100% rating to **. Very difficult to find any fault .Excellent room, great friendly staff , spotlessly clean in every respect ( they had an absailer dusting the exterior window ledges the day we arrived ! ) ..very good food ... both Indian and international .. nice unique Micro brewery bar ( try the 4 glass "tasting plate" for only INR155 ( about A$3 ) ... realy good boutique beers ...and great facilities, pool , gym ( very good gym ) and business centre facilities . A tour driver told us this hotel is best located for 'business' with some of the better known International names located on MG road better for shopping and tourists . Probably right ? but a tuk tuk was only about 5 mins from there and for the very good value pricing this hotel is a great little 'find' - ( ** If I had to find a fault .. maybe the constant Western 80's 90's music in the main courtyard area was too constant and too loud .. This is obviously an intentional feature that attempts to be "modern and contemporary" . For my taste ( and I like western music) it is not really in keeping with the rest of the style of this hotel and I would replace it with at least some more ambient local Indian background .. at least some of the time ? ) ... and ( this is not a comment aimed only at "the Paul ...but like a lot of Indian hotels ) the very friendly and attentive staff need to be trained to " back off " just a little .. and better understand when a guest just needs to be left alone to 'enjoy' .... but overall Highly reccomended - hard to see anyone could be dissapointed with this excellent example of the best that India can offer ! .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGM47
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest

We cannot thank you enough for such a detailed and encouraging feedback on your stay at The Paul Bangalore and taking time out to share it on TripAdvisor.

Sincere thanks for opting The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh and be pampered in a serene environment.

We are glad to know that you liked our aesthetically designed suites, restaurants, our new venture Murphy’s Brewhouse, pool, gym, business centre and overall ambience of the hotel.

Staffs are the biggest asset to any organization and we are fortunate to have one of the best team to take care of our guests and they are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the hospitality and services we are known for.

We have taken a good note of your suggestions on music quality.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent rooms , beautiful décor - really well done and with taste. rooms were spacious . Staffs were friendly and cordial. Food was good. The rooms also comes with a mini bar which is well stocked .

Room Tip: No Comments
2  Thank Soumit_Naha
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered.

Staff is the biggest asset to any organization and we are fortunate to have one of the best team to take care of our guests and they are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the culinary offerings, housekeeping services and ambience of our hotel during your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Paul has a very nice apperance . The rooms are very big and well equieped . The service is out stending
I was on a businees trip and enjoyed this hotel very much
The location is not great as it is lockated in a resitantial area but a short trip will bring you to the center

1  Thank Efraim T

Dear Guest

We thank you for opting The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh and be pampered in a serene environment. Here, you stay in the heart of city and yet away from the hustle and bustle of Bangalore city.

Sincere thanks for appreciating the hospitality, efforts and skills of our team. They all are thrilled to know that we succeeded in winning your heart with our services we are known for.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my second Stay at the Paul in Bangalore and It has been very consistent. My only recommendation would be to take a picture of your clothes prior to sending them off to the laundry. On my last trip in June 2014, they seemed to have misplaced a pair of my jeans. When confronted about it they brought out the Laundry supervisor and her "trusty" book of laundry items. When she showed me the order for my room, there was only 1 pair listed, when I know I had put 2 in there. They did not really do much looking as they kept stating that I had only sent 1 pair. Now, I thought perhaps that I was going crazy because I had forgotten to pack a couple of items, so I had my wife check at home. Nothing found at home, I approached the laundry service again and was told that they only received 1 pair. I am not sure what happened between the time when I packed my laundry and the time they got it, but needless to say I mysteriously have a pair of missing pants that I likely will never get back. Above this issue, my stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EPechacek

Dear Guest

We cannot thank you enough for such a detailed feedback on your multiple stays at The Paul Bangalore and taking time out to share it on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your kind words of praise about our suites and we are highly motivated to hear it from you. We deeply regret for loss of your jeans. We did a thorough investigation of laundry’s Receiving Registers as well as Lost & Found department but could not trace the jeans. To avoid such discrepancies, we always advise the guests to fill up laundry slip so that it can be tracked.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed in this property last month along with my family. Let me count on some upsides of this place :

1. The lobby area including the front Attrium is exceptionally beautiful. They have used all traditional thatched roofs inside which gives a good
2. The staff is very polite and courteous
3. The Suites are very spacious and elegantly designed including the upholstery, cleanliness
4. The quality of wood gives a rich feel to the windows and furniture
5. We are upgraded the room category for both our rooms even without request in. Kudos to the front office manager for such a customer delight.
6. The food in the North Indian restaurant was very tasty and gave an authentic feel to the Butter Chicken and other north indian dishes. And to add that the restaurant was very well designed like a palace
7. It is very close to MGRoad about 10 minutes drive only.

I would definitely revisit the place during my next stay and would also recommend to others.

Guys Keep up the good show !!!

Vikas

Room Tip: Choose the room with a balcony view into the lobby. Its a good sight. we were upgraded complimentary...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vikkyonline
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered. We strive hard to assure fond memories of a memorable stay and we are proud to know that we created one during your multiple stays with us.

We are glad to know that you like our aesthetically designed atrium lobby which features soothing water bodies, well nurtured greenery, use of best quality teak wood and a piano performance to give you that relaxed evening. We offer most spacious suites in Bangalore which are best suitable for short as well as extended stays. Balconies let you enjoy pleasant weather of Bangalore.

We thank you for appreciating the hospitality and friendliness of our team. Our culinary team is also thrilled to know that you had a good time at our Mughlai Restaurant “Masala Dani”.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. I recommend you to visit our award winning restaurant “Vembanad” this time, it is worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Beautiful property .... Lovely rooms ... Grt staff .... Awsum food .... I Jst love this place ... N I'm for sure gonna come back here the Nxt time I'm in bangalore .... Would also recommend the Paul to all my friends who come to bangalore on an official or personal visit ...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Nikhilsshetty

Dear Guest

Staffs are the biggest asset to any organization and we are fortunate to have one of the best team to take care of our guests and they are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the culinary offerings, housekeeping services, and front office assistance.