“Great authentic Mangalorean seafood......”
Review of Kudla

Kudla
Ranked #288 of 11,086 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had lunch last month at this restaurant, with a friend who happens to be a local. Well, it's true what they say..... eat where the locals do!
Lovely, lovely seafood. We had the rava (semolina) fried fish, fish masala, the masala crabs and prawn curry.........More like a spicy curry feast you might say! Everything was lovely. My 8 year old was so pleased that he asked for a second piece of rava fried fish.
Restaurant was clean, and service was prompt. It wasn't too crowded on a Saturday afternoon at 2.00pm....... I suppose the big lunch crowd had left.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A very good quality Sea food we got here. Well presentation, Well maintained. Staff is prompt, polite.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Possibly no Mangalorean will be ready to admit that food cooked in a restaurant is better than the home cooked variety. This one does come pretty close though. On the flip side I am not Mangalorean.
The squid was excellent as was the assorted platter of prawns done in various styles. The prawn Gussi was superb and the sole kadi divine. Service could have been a little better though.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited this restaurant with a friend. As both of us are from coastal Karnataka we wanted to taste our food desperately in Bangalore. Ambience was good, with soft spoken people dressed in traditional attire. Walls were decorated with photographs & paintings representing coastal culture. Response of the waiters looked bit slow but they were quite helpful. We have ordered pepper chicken, Squid rings, Maruvai Sukka (mussels), Kori - Rotti (chicken gravy with dry flat rice wafers), kokum juice,fresh lime soda & ice cream. Bill for 2 came to Rs 2000 with taxes. Preparations were good & tasted authentic. However i expected Kori-rotti to be better (waiter suggested us to order only 1 portion as its enough for 2 people). Though the place is situated on a busy road you wont hear the outside noise much, so you can have your food peacefully. I shall visit this place again & try some more of their preparations (I heard crab masala is ultimate here, could not taste it as my friend does not like them)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had lunch st this restaurant as I had previously stayed at Ramanashree. Really loved the food here. I think I might like mangalorean food.