“Nothing special but okay”
Review of Adora Hotel

Adora Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Adora Hotel
Ranked #395 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Agonda, India
“Nothing special but okay”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We arrived at 5:00 am, reception opened at 5:30 so we didn't have to wait long. Got a room on the 5th floor, and to be honest, i couldn't complain. It was fairly clean, not to much noise, no weird smells. When i read the other reviews here I think me and my girlfriend just got lucky but maybe there is a slight chance they are trying to improve their quality. The hallway was clean, there is a modern elevator and there is a nice restaurant downstairs, nothing fancy but just a nice joint to have a quick meal. Never had any trouble with the employee's except for that some speak no English at all, and they like to yell trough the hallway's every morning for 5-10 minutes when they are cleaning up.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first before you get it, and make sure you get a room on a higher level which s...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rudyfromholland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We were searching for a clean budget hotel in bangalore, and upon the recommendation in the lonely planet, arrived at this place.
it looked reasonable enough, and we had just arrived on an overnight train, so we wanted to check in and leave our stuff to wander around the city. we were taken up to our room, the staff was unfriendly, and the shower head didn't work. they begrudgingly agreed to switch us to a different room.
in the evening when we came back to the hotel, we could smell a very strong smell of gasoline. we thought maybe it was coming from the outside, but quickly discovered that the smell was in the room. the clerk laughed at us when we complained and said he would send someone up. a man arrived and started spraying perfumed air freshener without asking us, which only made things worse. apparently, they use fuel/gasoline to fumigate against bedbugs and other crawling creatures. the linens and everything were gasoline scented.
we ended up giving up hope that the hotel staff could help us- they claimed all the rooms were like this- and opened all the windows. all we requested was a blanket to keep us warm because we had to sleep with all the windows open to be able to breathe. they refused- claiming that there were not more blankets in the hotel. even the manager refused to supply us with a simple blanket.
when we tried to complain the next morning, the receptionist literally laughed in our face.
also, there's no place to store luggage after morning checkout. lots of noise and pollution from the street.
only good thing about this hotel is that there is a good restaurant below.

Room Tip: check to make sure they haven't recently fumigated the mattresses and pillows using gasoline
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boaz A

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I killed 5 cockroaches during the night. When I told the manager in the morning he refused to come and check. There is no cloak room for your bag. The receptionist is a lier even refusing to lend me his pen for a few minutes. I asked to see the manager but the receptionist refused to join him telling me that if I was angry I should go to the police station ! When I. Was standing in front of the counter he stared pretending that I was trying to steal his money (even if it was clearly impossible for me to be able to reach it). I don't commend this place for sure and will write to the Lonely planet as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Didjais
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

First of all great location close to train but in a seedy area. Room was overpriced, most expensive room we stated in after three months in Nepal and India. 1250 for a double. Had hot water but no hot water tap that was mysteriously absent. When we asked for one they said something in Hindi and laughed saying no. Beds were dirty, and overly loud surrounds. It has a great restaurant next door tho. Hundreds of hotels in same area would've been better

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank emac24
New Delhi
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Location is excellent, worth for money, staff is very good, rooms are clean and maintained. Travel desk is very good. I am staying here since 2001

Room Tip: get rooms above 3rd floor, otherwise you will have plenty of noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank duchanchal
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was in the lonely planet and as such, me and my friend checked in on our backpacking tour of india. We had been going for 6 weeks at this point so had seen a pretty extensive range of what India has to offer for travellers on a budget. Firstly this hotel was not nearly as cheap as some others we stayed in which were far nicer, and it was filthy. We took the room because we had no idea where else to go and it didn't look that bad on first appearances. The shower didn't work and there were stains on the sheets but this is fairly standard for Indian accommodation so we didn't mind too much. But the next morning i woke up with 26 bites just one one leg. An absolute army of bed bugs had attacked me and stayed with me for the rest of my trip around india, my skin is absolutely disgusting now and i only have Hotel adora to thank for it. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank joanna_latham
chennai
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel has front office executives speaking all languages. So you don't find the difficulty to talk in a city where Kannada is spoken widely. The hotel has single, double and triple rooms. Though not a luxury hotel it will meet the basic requirements in the lowest budget.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business